What's new

Injustice 2 getting updated with in-game upsell ads. What could this mean?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

Is there a world where a game with DC characters would allow in-game ads for a Marvel title? The only way I could see that happening is if the game NRS is working on is a DC vs Marvel title.

Really hope NRS throws us just a breadcrumb of info related to whatever this game is soon.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Didn't something similar happen with MKX awhile ago too, though? I feel like this type of thing has happened before, where an older game gets a surprise update, but it's just things like loading screen ads for current games or stuff like that. Might not automatically mean something.

John Grizzly

Didn't something similar happen with MKX awhile ago too, though? I feel like this type of thing has happened before, where an older game gets a surprise update, but it's just things like loading screen ads for current games or stuff like that. Might not automatically mean something.
Yes, but it was ads for MK11 in MKX. It just makes you wonder if that Marvel rumor is true or just made up bullshit. I just don't see ads getting added to an Injustice game if it's actually a Marvel game we are getting next.

Yes, but it was ads for MK11 in MKX. It just makes you wonder if that Marvel rumor is true or just made up bullshit. I just don't see ads getting added to an Injustice game if it's actually a Marvel game we are getting next.
They've also advertised Injustice 2 in Mortal Kombat XL, specifically with the Mortal Kombat 11/Injustice 2 combo package.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I think this gives more credence to another Injustice Title coming out. I can't believe they announced no more mk11 support but are advertising the game. I guess it's a smart business move, and MK11 did not have an announcement that it wouldn't receive more updates in the game screen itself. I mean, casual players that come to the game here and there won't know about it unless they google it or follow MK on twitter or this site for example.

Nulak

http://www.youtube.com/user/Nulak
Is this really 12go or after install it is less, sometimes games updates just overwrite existing content with the same stuff but one part of theses "12go".

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Imagine updating your no longer supported game with an ad for your current no longer supported game.
Is it really that weird though? MK11 is still the latest NRS game, makes sense they'd still advertise for it.

Also I'd still say the game is supported, at least in terms of there being online servers to play on, and there's still towers of time being circulated. It's not like MK11 is some dead game with no online scene and only a story mode to play through. They're just done designing new skins, balance patches, and new dlc characters.

Immortal

Blind justice....
I don't think that's the whole story. Best guess is that MK 11 ads are just a placeholder, once they announce new title, ads will be switched server side to new game.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

Is it really that weird though? MK11 is still the latest NRS game, makes sense they'd still advertise for it.

Also I'd still say the game is supported, at least in terms of there being online servers to play on, and there's still towers of time being circulated. It's not like MK11 is some dead game with no online scene and only a story mode to play through. They're just done designing new skins, balance patches, and new dlc characters.
The only reason I find it weird is that MKX never advertised Injustice 2, even though that was the next NRS title after that. They didn't have any ads until they stating pushing MK11 within that game. It seemed like they were sticking to series within the games, as far as ads go.