What's new

Injustice 2: Execution Difficulty- Rate the Characters

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
This game is so well balanced that nobody really is potato/braindead mode, despite what some say. Even Superman takes some thought behind him if you want to be truly good with him.

That being said, Ivy is just on another level compared to almost all the cast with execution... and Aquaman is broken when it comes to execution of his BnBs.

Sazbak

Noob
Wonder Woman, f23 after meterburn cancel shield really needs some practice.stuff's tight to pull
I think that's easy. On the other hand the d12 bf2 mb into b3 sideswitch is hard to pull off consistently. I often see pros dropping it that's why i use a less damaging but easier sideswitch combo. The last thing you want is burning a bar then dropping the combo AND getting still stuck in the corner.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Id put Bane in the middle, his buttons are nice, but you do have to at least get semi decent with command grabs to go anywhere with that character
That takes time to get used to, yeah. Plus some of his oki and AAs require getting used to micro steps, but even that is more a "know what to do" thing, otherwise his stuff is mostly easy.

In combos, his tightest timing is connecting stuff after b3, j3. Not much tbh, and you can always go for j2 instead, making that one impossible to drop.

Even stuff like 1~bomb is nowhere near same tick throw of vicious F/T. That one was hell to get right initially.

To be honest, comparing him to other characters in I2 and some other games, I'd say he falls on the easier end.

Yer_Da

I don't sell Avon.
Can I ask what is making people say Swamp Thing is among the highest execution characters in the game? I've had a pocket Swampy since week one and he's, without doubt, one of the easiest characters I've ever played in any fighting game.

Wigy

There it is...
Can I ask what is making people say Swamp Thing is among the highest execution characters in the game? I've had a pocket Swampy since week one and he's, without doubt, one of the easiest characters I've ever played in any fighting game.
Isn't the link on his midscreen f2 shit pretty tight?

Isn't the link on his midscreen f2 shit pretty tight?
The f2 after f233 is pretty tight. Even players like Decay, Crazyfinger and Burrito Vorhees miss the second part of the string sometimes. Besides that combo, his execution is not all that hard.

Wigy

There it is...
The f2 after f233 is pretty tight. Even players like Decay, Crazyfinger and Burrito Vorhees miss the second part of the string sometimes. Besides that combo, his execution is not all that hard.
Yeah I found using him that was pretty tough and integral to his game so I guess it puts him up the list execution wise cause you gotta be able to do it.

Not quite j3 loops and 1 frame leap cancels and tight cancel pressure of grodd tho

Kung Jin

Noob
I main Hellboy character is relatively easy outside of his leap cancels and the odd combo such as 11b2 d2 bf3b bb3 22u3 dbf3, but all comes down to the individual

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I think Batman deserves at least a mention. Another easy to pick up but hard to master character imo

Error

DF2+R2
People meme Superman execution, but you have to be frame perfect with his pressure otherwise you might as well not play him, and that's more than you could say for most of the cast.

I think Grodd is the hardest and Sub Zero is the easiest.

Sazbak

Noob
Let me change the original topic a bit. Which characters are the best when it comes to effort to reward ratio.
So if I'm looking for a relatively easy to play character which are the ones that bring the best results? My guess is that Starfire is on this list. Any other nominees? Everyone's favorite pocketpick, BA?

Cursa

Let me change the original topic a bit. Which characters are the best when it comes to effort to reward ratio.
So if I'm looking for a relatively easy to play character which are the ones that bring the best results? My guess is that Starfire is on this list. Any other nominees? Everyone's favorite pocketpick, BA?
You exponentially increased your options, but it depends on each person imo. Mine would be;
  • Starfire
  • Supergirl
  • Superman
  • Black Adam
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern
As the main ones

Sazbak

Noob
You exponentially increased your options, but it depends on each person imo. Mine would be;
  • Starfire
  • Supergirl
  • Superman
  • Black Adam
  • Wonder Woman
  • Green Lantern
As the main ones
Thanks for the list.
I'm curious about other people's opinion on Wowo's execution difficulty though. For me she is hard and risky not just because of combo execution e.g. sideswitch combo where if you drop it you stay in the corner but also her regular neutral where you need to do instant air shields. It's painful when you accidentaly just do a regular forward j2 instead of ia shield toss and then you eat damage because of it.

Cursa

Thanks for the list.
I'm curious about other people's opinion on Wowo's execution difficulty though. For me she is hard and risky not just because of combo execution e.g. sideswitch combo where if you drop it you stay in the corner but also her regular neutral where you need to do instant air shields. It's painful when you accidentaly just do a regular forward j2 instead of ia shield toss and then you eat damage because of it.
Yea that's why I mentiond "for each person" or whatever. i find doing Wowo stuff not tooo hard, compared to other characters

Wigy

There it is...
People meme Superman execution, but you have to be frame perfect with his pressure otherwise you might as well not play him, and that's more than you could say for most of the cast.

You mean pressing his plus frames etc?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Only hard part about Bane is figuring out how to not get zoned out for the entire game
That‘s actually true. Especially when it comes to conversations with mechanical bats you can pull of some sick shit when you got that down

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.

You you only have to be as accurate as your opponent, and being that he's the character you play, theres no reason you won't be

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Easiest is Superman, hardest I don't know. Brainiac is one who people haven't mentioned though who probably goes up there. Negative edging for starters can be challenging to get right and then his 50/50 that requires negative edging is tough as hell