What's new

Injustice 2: Execution Difficulty- Rate the Characters

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I see you bringing red hood 'depth' a few times

What's hard with red hood?

Also people firing shots at grodd. He's a lot easier now but you still have to have that shit down to a tee for him to even be usable. It's not some singular situational 2 frame combo. Yeah it's one input now but it has to be precise.

His full screen conversions require very precise spacing and timing to pull off. The fact that you’re relying on conditioning as opposed to advantage frames for the most part to maintain momentum. His htbs are satisfying to land but you gotta consider every possible scenario when looking into what to do on oki to even get there first. He’s very meter dependent and needs his meter to keep his lunge, a conditioning tool both mid range and up close, safe.

He has a lot of tools but you have to know how to use all of them.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Grodd's way EASIER than Displacer in MKX. Displacer is the hardest character of both NRS games. Lol, triple VB cancels come to mind?
What does this even have to do with the thread

Cursa

And since I'm here, if we're talking pre-patch then it was Grodd by far.

As of right now... Hard to say. Been playing Cyborg recently and on a controller instant airs are pretty difficult, even compared to other IA characters I've played in the past, IJ2 and MKX

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
You Google subjects related to Injustice 2 instead of searching for recent and populated discussions on the #1 website for definitive news and discussion by the NRS community? If a topic's been dead long enough, you can start another thread without a worry. No need to post in threads that have been unanswered for years.
Who cares dude

Wigy

There it is...
His full screen conversions require very precise spacing and timing to pull off. The fact that you’re relying on conditioning as opposed to advantage frames for the most part to maintain momentum. His htbs are satisfying to land but you gotta consider every possible scenario when looking into what to do on oki to even get there first. He’s very meter dependent and needs his meter to keep his lunge, a conditioning tool both mid range and up close, safe.

He has a lot of tools but you have to know how to use all of them.
I thought there would be something I didn't know about. That's not really worth mentioning as far as execution. Definitely harder than f23 huurrr Durr man though.

Cursa

Hes so mind numbingly easy in a lot of situations he could have a combo with three 1 frame links and I'd still put him bottom 5 execution.
You could include a lot of IJ2 characters in that list.

I just don't get why people think Superman is the pinnacle of ez pz character. I'd put Aquaman, Supergirl, Deadshot, and Fate all below him personally. And then some.

Hell, Bane's an easier character than Superman imo.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
It's due to the awkward directions in her combos, like sudden direction movements and special moves that are similar to each other in input, plus db2 MB into f3 is weird to land, and Ivy kinda lives and dies on you being able to land that and her command grab.
There is no use for db2mb f3 Combos when you can just do datura stance2. Easier to hit confirm and you don‘t waste meter if blocked. It‘s only useful After a d1 punish.

Grodd is only real answer to this question.
superman, it can‘t get any more potato than that

Blewdew

Pre patch for sure. Post patch maybe but he's a lot easier now.
Which character would you put on top of the List now? I mean ivy is definitely harder than Most of the Cast, but personally I don‘t find her that difficult once you‘re used to her weird inputs. Same goes for beetle.

Cursa

Which character would you put on top of the List now? I mean ivy is definitely harder than Most of the Cast, but personally I don‘t find her that difficult once you‘re used to her weird inputs. Same goes for beetle.
As I've mentioned, I'd put Cyborg with his IA's up there for sure.
Joker may deserve a place but I don't play the character enough to know for sure. He seems weird though
You could put an argument for Flash although I don't think he's as hard as others personally.
Captain Cold also could deserve a place possibly

Wigy

There it is...
You could include a lot of IJ2 characters in that list.

I just don't get why people think Superman is the pinnacle of ez pz character. I'd put Aquaman, Supergirl, Deadshot, and Fate all below him personally. And then some.

Hell, Bane's an easier character than Superman imo.
Fates neutral is mindless but if u Wana play him properly he requires a bit more execution

His proper Ang combos are hard and you really gotta use em

Superman's game for the most part is low execution moves that are applicable to so many situations. He has to make less reads and then has mind numbing execution. His combos are easy as fuck outside a few of his corner ones but he gets like 500 damage just doing S3 a bunch of times lol.

Tbh the skill gap in characters in this game is huge with most being very easy.

Last edited:

Deep33

Noob
As I've mentioned, I'd put Cyborg with his IA's up there for sure.
Joker may deserve a place but I don't play the character enough to know for sure. He seems weird though
You could put an argument for Flash although I don't think he's as hard as others personally.
Captain Cold also could deserve a place possibly
Cyborg, IA's? Get a Hitbox Controller and leave your problems behind, o pad/stick warrior.

Deep33

Noob
You Google subjects related to Injustice 2 instead of searching for recent and populated discussions on the #1 website for definitive news and discussion by the NRS community? If a topic's been dead long enough, you can start another thread without a worry. No need to post in threads that have been unanswered for years.
I hear that the "#1 website for definitive news and discussion by the NRS community" also loses combo threads and hard found tech when it gets a bit older. No harm in keeping older threads alive. Simmer down friend.

Cursa

Fates neutral is mindless but if u Wana play him properly he requires a bit more execution

His proper Ang combos are hard and you really gotta use em

Superman's game for the most part is low execution moves that are applicable to so many situations. He has to make less reads and then has mind numbing execution. His combos are easy as fuck outside a few of his corner ones but he gets like 500 damage just doing S3 a bunch of times lol.

Tbh the skill gap in characters in this game is huge with most being very easy honestly.
I think it's pretty significant if you compare someone like Grodd to someone like Superman, but there's a lot of characters in between that fill the middle ground too

Wigy

There it is...
I think it's pretty significant if you compare someone like Grodd to someone like Superman, but there's a lot of characters in between that fill the middle ground too
It's just that f23 and pew pew 3/4 screen lasers are a huge chunk of his game and are super low skill. Also his conversion are mostly ez mode dial a combo.

Tbh though I'd say GL AM and BA are pretty much just as bad.

Cursa

It's just that f23 and pew pew 3/4 screen lasers are a huge chunk of his game and are super low skill. Also his conversion are mostly ez mode dial a combo.

Tbh though I'd say GL AM and BA are pretty much just as bad.
You are right really. I'm more struggling to separate execution and actually playing the character, like understanding neutral and shit.

Although Superman is pretty easy to grasp in that regard too, I just get so sick of seeing "lolz f23 laser spam fullscreen ez pz mode" when it's not that simple, cause you need to know how to use the tools correctly, which isn't always super straightforward to begin with.

But as said, this thread isn't about knowing how to use the tools or anything, it's execution. so my b

Wigy

There it is...
You are right really. I'm more struggling to separate execution and actually playing the character, like understanding neutral and shit.

Although Superman is pretty easy to grasp in that regard too, I just get so sick of seeing "lolz f23 laser spam fullscreen ez pz mode" when it's not that simple, cause you need to know how to use the tools correctly, which isn't always super straightforward to begin with.

But as said, this thread isn't about knowing how to use the tools or anything, it's execution. so my b
Even by that respect I think the person playing against superman has to have a better grasp of the tools involved and how to work around it than superman does. Like there is some depth to it but there's a reason he absolutely murders bad players with 10 minutes in the lab.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Hes so mind numbingly easy in a lot of situations he could have a combo with three 1 frame links and I'd still put him bottom 5 execution.
Guess it’s just personal opinion at the end of the day

Blewdew

But you can say that about any character. And even then supes gameplan is pretty straight forward and easy to apply, in comparison to any character in the game I don‘t see him not being the easiest by far.

Cursa

But you can say that about any character. And even then supes gameplan is pretty straight forward and easy to apply, in comparison to any character in the game I don‘t see him not being the easiest by far.
Not that this thread is about easiest characters, but I'll disagree because Deadshot and Starfire exist. Even characters like Aquaman are easier imo.

Hell, even Bane is a competitor. It's just "know your tick throws" and loop till the opponent dies basically, combos are easy, block pressure is extremely straightforward, and you can get by without having to learn any of his actual oki, all provided you know how armour works which takes about 2 seconds to figure out.

Just for reference I think he's one of the easier characters. Easiest in the game? Debatable. By far? Certainly not.

No mention of Hellboy so far? Leap stuff can be pretty tricky, and some essential links in his bnb's can be dropped really easily.

zabugi

The only Real Master
Wonder Woman, f23 after meterburn cancel shield really needs some practice.stuff's tight to pull