What's new

Injustice 2 Character Confirmations - Release Roster Complete!

Mobile game leak shows Scarecrow and Cyborg. Not sure if that's enough to put them onto here though.
Is it just me or is the Scarecrow model shown in the mobile screen shots a bit.... lower quality than the models for Batman, Green Lantern, and Cyborg also seen in those screen shots?

I'm wondering if that is because he is not going to be a playable character and was made specifically to be included in the mobile game. Either that or used as an NPC in either the story mode or in S.T.A.R. Labs (like many of the Arkham villains were used in Injustice 1).

I'm not sure how I feel about that, as Scarecrow is a neat villain and could have some cool gameplay/gear, but he would also be yet another Batman character and his not being included would leave the door open for another villain to take his place...

Mulder

King of Heroes
Scarecrow's playable, he has an alt costume as well. it's just the mobile game being the mobile game

Nice, thanks for this. Still looks a bit minimal compared to the designs of most of the other characters, but Cheetah did too in the recent reveal.

I was one of those guys who said "There's no way they would have TWO plant based characters." BAM! Swamp Thing. I then said "There's no way they would have TWO cat themed characters." BIFF! Catwoman and Cheetah in the same reveal. I'm just going to stop trying to predict the roster and let the slow drip of upcoming reveals was over me...

...but there's no way they would have TWO ice based characters, right? ;)

Mulder

King of Heroes
Nice, thanks for this. Still looks a bit minimal compared to the designs of most of the other characters, but Cheetah did too in the recent reveal.

I was one of those guys who said "There's no way they would have TWO plant based characters." BAM! Swamp Thing. I then said "There's no way they would have TWO cat themed characters." BIFF! Catwoman and Cheetah in the same reveal. I'm just going to stop trying to predict the roster and let the slow drip of upcoming reveals was over me...

...but there's no way they would have TWO ice based characters, right? ;)
Hopefully not. Mr.Freeze better be a skin I stg

Silver_Shadow

Crazy Mexican
I'm so upset that it seems like Scarecrow and Mr Freeze (please just be a skin!) are going to playable!! Ugh two more Batman characters -_- Just make a damn Batman fighting game if all you're going to use is his characters!

Spectre would have been a much better choice than Scarecrow. He's more powerful and interesting!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Just depends on what Captain Cold and what Mr. Freeze they're using. New 52 Captain Cold being a meta-human with powers ala Sub-Zero and a pistol and Arkham style Mr. Freeze being an armored juggernaut with a big ass cold gun makes them pretty different.

New 52 Freeze is pretty similar in terms of size to Cold. But also New 52 Freeze sucks

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
I'm so upset that it seems like Scarecrow and Mr Freeze (please just be a skin!) are going to playable!! Ugh two more Batman characters -_- Just make a damn Batman fighting game if all you're going to use is his characters!

Spectre would have been a much better choice than Scarecrow. He's more powerful and interesting!
The same reason they are never putting Dr Manhattan in...

Because they literally can not lose.

You die if you touch Manhattan and Spectre is a spirit...you can't hit him...

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Wasn't Krueger in the MKX mobile game? Don't quite remember playing him in the console version of MKX, but whatevs...
They may very well be in the console version of I2, in fact it's looking very likely. But confirmed? No.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Wasn't Krueger in the MKX mobile game? Don't quite remember playing him in the console version of MKX, but whatevs...
They may very well be in the console version of I2, in fact it's looking very likely. But confirmed? No.
He was a boss battle, not a playable character with multiple selectable skins

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
He was a boss battle, not a playable character with multiple selectable skins
Well, if we're just throwing the word confirmed around for every character model that appears, then this thread becomes worthless. Didn't think that's what you were going for here. You were our greatest hope, but you've failed this city.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Idk why Cyborg and Scarecrow are light confirms. They're in the mobile game as selectable characters...
Yes, the mobile game. No official confirmation about their inclusion from NRS yet, same as with Dr Fate and Captain Cold. Read your own criteria in the OP silly ;)