What's new

Injustice 2: air teching & meter-burn roll, KitanaPrime & MKMichaelangelo join "Condiment Cast"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'm sure by now your Injustice palates have gone quite dry with the lack of news as of late, but thanks to @PND_Ketchup , @PND_Mustard , @Kitana Prime and @michaelangelo we're in luck! For those who may not recall, sometime ago there was a GameStop expo w/ a special exhibition match between KitanaPrime and Michaelangelo. [Read our previous article where Michaelangelo discusses his experience from back in September, here] This "Condiment Cast" covers all things Injustice 2 that they both experienced during their time there.

In respect to MKX, the Condiment Bros have held off on releasing this cast until now; the time has come. Enjoy!

It seems the two major components to Injustice 2 that are heavily discussed are as advertised in this article title: air teching and meter-burn roll.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lokheit

Noob
Awesome guys, I'm way more interested on these mechanics than on the gear levelling nonsense. If the mechanics work they're something I'd like to see in future MKs too, the air tech is going to be huge for meter managing and creating juggling and grounded specific combos to avoid it from happening.

Safe Armor

Tier Whore. BS, GM, Mystic etc.
Awesome, sounds a lot like Marvel! I always wanted a NRs marvel like game with DCU chars.

Nvm i thought they meant air throw techs lol.

Last edited:

d3v

SRK
One thing I've always wondered about is the fact that the rolls need use meter, while rolls in other games (KoF, CvS) don't. Makes you wonder on how strong they'll be and if the usual roll counters (e.g. forward+D option select in KoF) are absent in this game.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
One thing I've always wondered about is the fact that the rolls need use meter, while rolls in other games (KoF, CvS) don't. Makes you wonder on how strong they'll be and if the usual roll counters (e.g. forward+D option select in KoF) are absent in this game.

In CvS you had to give up choosing a different groove, so there was some sort of sacrifice to be had. although, roll canceling in itself was worth it over a ultra or custom combos and what not.

In KoF you can be thrown out of rolls, which is what ties into the risk and reward here.

I think as long as roll speeds and distances aren't universal across the entire class, then it should be fine.

d3v

SRK
In CvS you had to give up choosing a different groove, so there was some sort of sacrifice to be had. although, roll canceling in itself was worth it over a ultra or custom combos and what not.

In KoF you can be thrown out of rolls, which is what ties into the risk and reward here.

I think as long as roll speeds and distances aren't universal across the entire class, then it should be fine.
The top grooves in CvS2 were the ones with rolls though.

And yes, KoF has throwable rolls, which leads to the throw/st.C option select.

Aside from the lack of that, I'm also wondering if NRS thinks that free rolls in a string based game would be too strong, killing what's left of the mid-range game. CvS2 was known for characters having very good long/mid range pokes (e.g. Cammy st.HK). Meanwhile, KoFXIV makes these pokes very dangerous thanks to the ability to Quick MAX out of them into big damage. With NRS's string based engine, a lot of that is lost since you don't really have the same kind of mid range game. A lot of the game then outside of close range relies more on projectiles than long range pokes.