What's new

Injustice 1 Tier List: Endgame

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This debate went on for a long time throughout the entire game's life, and I miss this game been thinking about it alot lately. I still play it every now and again.

This is my opinion on the tier list at the very end of the games life when everything was fleshed out, I'm willing to go into detail and further discuss any specific characters or positions that anyone is curious

1. Martian

He 0 losing matchups, maybe like 5 even matchups, and 25 winning matchups. Broke af

2. Batgirl

You can honestly debate her number 1, Sonicfox calls her number 1, I give the slight edge to Martian being a power character. She also no losing matchups, only a handful of even matchups, and 20+ winning matchups

3. Aquaman

Dominated the low tier badly, alot of characters in the game worst matchup was Aquaman. He alot more 5-5 matchups than the top 2 characters, and you can also debate him losing to the top 2 characters, that's about it though

4. Zod

Similar to Aquaman, he dominates alot of the cast badly, but he is the hardest character in the game to master and execute. Aquaman was the easiest character in the game to master and execute so many people didnt feel like putting effort into Zod. I always felt like Zod was underrated though, outside of Batgirl and Martian I dont think Zod loses to anyone and you can even debate Batgirl being even if you played perfectly

5. Flash

Rushdown king, mixups go crazy. You can honestly debate Flash losing 0 matchups, or you can debate him losing to Martian and Aquaman. Outside of them I don't think there's much debate for him losing to anybody else. Destroyed all big bodies

6. Sinestro

Another character that bodies the low tier and mid tier very badly. I would say he for sure loses to Aquaman and Martian, but you can debate him losing to nobody else which could potentially make him having a better matchup chart overall than Flash and Zod (if you debate Flash and Zod losing as much as possible)

7. Deathstroke

This is probably going to be the most surprising placement to everybody. In my opinion, Deathstroke loses to Batgirl Martian Zod Flash but he does even with Sinestro and Aquaman. He goes even or beats everyone below him. Alot of people assume Deathstroke is a zoner which is wrong, his zoning actually isnt that good. Deathstroke is a rushdown character, he has unreactable 50/50's that are safe on block and with background bounce he could get 40-50% combos. Extremely good anti zoning, nobody could really zone Deathstroke at all. Also Deathstroke has the best jump arc in the game. He's the only character in the game outside of Batman who can block Superman's F23 breath in corner, and actually jump out the follow up F2 because he tucks his legs in when he jumps

8. Wonder Woman

Slightly better version of Superman kind of, very plus on alot of things including dive bomb otg. Lost to majority of the characters above her but nobody below her

9. Superman

Same case as Wonder Woman, loses to the majority of characters above him but also has a hard time vs some lower tier characters like Raven and others. His trait mixed with his zoning did give him some lopsided matchups in his favor especially against big bodies like Grundy Bane Lex etc.

10. Bane

Armor god, loses 3-7 to Zatanna and Flash and debatedly loses 3-7 to Martian and Batgirl. Only character in the top 10 with this many 3-7's, but he has a better matchup spread overall than most of the people below him

After this it starts getting a little dicey and debatable with Doomsday Batman Lobo Zatanna Raven GL Black Adam etc.

Idk if I wanna spend time going into them as well but maybe I will because I love this game and love talking about it

Pizza

Thrill Kill
It's so sad how awful they did Raven. People always said she was trash tier. I had some fun, though.

ForeverKing

It's so sad how awful they did Raven. People always said she was trash tier. I had some fun, though.
I would say Raven was somewhere in the 18-23 range

Out of 30 characters, yeah I guess that's like low mid tier. Gave some characters above her a hard time like Batman Superman and others. I know she had at least more than 10 bad matchups though. She was fun but she was very linear, if she a little creativity like something crazy to change things up I think she could have been awesome

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm curious how you feel about Doomsday.

For all the hell he got for being a simple and efficient killing machine, some of the zoners in this game could render him invalid with the proper timing, especially Sinestro. I was never great, but I put weeks worth of hours into the Destroyer Of Worlds, and no one gave me more hell than Sinestro.

I really really really want to get back into this game. Fuck.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Also, no character in the history of NRS has ever or will ever be as downplayed as Batgirl. I still can't believe how people really tried to justify her busted as fuck absurdity because Sonic was the only one winning a lot with her.

ForeverKing

I'm curious how you feel about Doomsday.

For all the hell he got for being a simple and efficient killing machine, some of the zoners in this game could render him invalid with the proper timing, especially Sinestro. I was never great, but I put weeks worth of hours into the Destroyer Of Worlds, and no one gave me more hell than Sinestro.

I really really really want to get back into this game. Fuck.
Doomsday was really simple and effective similar to Aquaman, but Doomsday was extremely oppressive and rushdown. If you had bad defense, Doomsday is going to run you over fast. He was a scrub killer for sure

At the highest level though where you start fighting people who can block earthshake consistently, I think he lost to the whole top 6 and Batman Superman Bane maybe even Wonder Woman

He was very much upplayed because if you weren't at the highest level Doomsday was a nightmare. He doesn't have winning matchups vs any characters in the top 15 though. I have him towards the bottom of top 15

God damn I miss this game too. I think if I could pick any NRS game to have a big resurgence with it's player base it'd be injustice 1. Just ban batgirl and MM. And even with MU's like hawkgirl vs grundy that that I have vietnam style flashbacks of, it was still a crazy fun game.

I'm interested on your opinion of lex luther? I feel like he kinda flew under the radar tier wise, despite some terrible MU's (Zod).

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Thought this was a necro thread, but it's brand spanking new. Nice!

Thank you for putting DS where he belongs. I always found it criminal that people seriously thought he was mid tier when he had absolutely everything you could want, lost to pretty much only the characters everyone loses to, and still at least 5-5'd Aquaman, which is more than most can say.

I'd be interested to hear your take on the worst characters if the middle is too muddled to put in any solid order.

ForeverKing

God damn I miss this game too. I think if I could pick any NRS game to have a big resurgence with it's player base it'd be injustice 1. Just ban batgirl and MM. And even with MU's like hawkgirl vs grundy that that I have vietnam style flashbacks of, it was still a crazy fun game.

I'm interested on your opinion of lex luther? I feel like he kinda flew under the radar tier wise, despite some terrible MU's (Zod).
Lex was an interesting case because he went 5-5 with Aquaman Martian and some other super top tiers. But yeah he had some really bad matchups like Sinestro Zod Cyborg and Flash. I think Lex was somewhere in the top 15

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Doomsday was really simple and effective similar to Aquaman, but Doomsday was extremely oppressive and rushdown. If you had bad defense, Doomsday is going to run you over fast. He was a scrub killer for sure

At the highest level though where you start fighting people who can block earthshake consistently, I think he lost to the whole top 6 and Batman Superman Bane maybe even Wonder Woman

He was very much upplayed because if you weren't at the highest level Doomsday was a nightmare. He doesn't have winning matchups vs any characters in the top 15 though. I have him towards the bottom of top 15
Facts. I always killed it until I ran into someone who rreeaallllyy knew what they were doing. He's like the Ermac of IJ1; he has the damage and the oppression, but the better your competition gets, the less success you're going to have overall.

Of my two mains, Slade would be the guy I get all the way back in with. I need to be able to manage the screen from more than just right in my opponent's face.

This debate went on for a long time throughout the entire game's life, and I miss this game been thinking about it alot lately. I still play it every now and again.

This is my opinion on the tier list at the very end of the games life when everything was fleshed out, I'm willing to go into detail and further discuss any specific characters or positions that anyone is curious

1. Martian

He 0 losing matchups, maybe like 5 even matchups, and 25 winning matchups. Broke af

2. Batgirl

You can honestly debate her number 1, Sonicfox calls her number 1, I give the slight edge to Martian being a power character. She also no losing matchups, only a handful of even matchups, and 20+ winning matchups

3. Aquaman

Dominated the low tier badly, alot of characters in the game worst matchup was Aquaman. He alot more 5-5 matchups than the top 2 characters, and you can also debate him losing to the top 2 characters, that's about it though

4. Zod

Similar to Aquaman, he dominates alot of the cast badly, but he is the hardest character in the game to master and execute. Aquaman was the easiest character in the game to master and execute so many people didnt feel like putting effort into Zod. I always felt like Zod was underrated though, outside of Batgirl and Martian I dont think Zod loses to anyone and you can even debate Batgirl being even if you played perfectly

5. Flash

Rushdown king, mixups go crazy. You can honestly debate Flash losing 0 matchups, or you can debate him losing to Martian and Aquaman. Outside of them I don't think there's much debate for him losing to anybody else. Destroyed all big bodies

6. Sinestro

Another character that bodies the low tier and mid tier very badly. I would say he for sure loses to Aquaman and Martian, but you can debate him losing to nobody else which could potentially make him having a better matchup chart overall than Flash and Zod (if you debate Flash and Zod losing as much as possible)

7. Deathstroke

This is probably going to be the most surprising placement to everybody. In my opinion, Deathstroke loses to Batgirl Martian Zod Flash but he does even with Sinestro and Aquaman. He goes even or beats everyone below him. Alot of people assume Deathstroke is a zoner which is wrong, his zoning actually isnt that good. Deathstroke is a rushdown character, he has unreactable 50/50's that are safe on block and with background bounce he could get 40-50% combos. Extremely good anti zoning, nobody could really zone Deathstroke at all. Also Deathstroke has the best jump arc in the game. He's the only character in the game outside of Batman who can block Superman's F23 breath in corner, and actually jump out the follow up F2 because he tucks his legs in when he jumps

8. Wonder Woman

Slightly better version of Superman kind of, very plus on alot of things including dive bomb otg. Lost to majority of the characters above her but nobody below her

9. Superman

Same case as Wonder Woman, loses to the majority of characters above him but also has a hard time vs some lower tier characters like Raven and others. His trait mixed with his zoning did give him some lopsided matchups in his favor especially against big bodies like Grundy Bane Lex etc.

10. Bane

Armor god, loses 3-7 to Zatanna and Flash and debatedly loses 3-7 to Martian and Batgirl. Only character in the top 10 with this many 3-7's, but he has a better matchup spread overall than most of the people below him

After this it starts getting a little dicey and debatable with Doomsday Batman Lobo Zatanna Raven GL Black Adam etc.

Idk if I wanna spend time going into them as well but maybe I will because I love this game and love talking about it
Bane is a shitter lol

Biggs

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Surprised at no Batman or Catwoman, they were pretty decent. Deathstroke in top 10 is eh, but I wasn't great at this game

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I remember being really upset at the addition of mmh and batgirl because they were broken as fuck from the start. Then the buffed mmh's teleport lol. What the fuck were they thinking? The outcry was over scorpion though. That back to block tele mix lol.

Green arrow for life. He was the absolute most fun to play besides batman imo. Really made the game for me. When he was able to play injustice it was a lot of fun. I even liked fighting characters like aquaman. Mmh, though... Couldnt even play the game vs that character.

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Oh man, injustice 1, good times. Hawkgirl was one of the funnest characters I've ever played. I still have her on my arcade stick. Then again I am biased coz I'm always a fan of characters that can fly around lol.

I sadly stopped once MMH came out and I realized how they just decided to make the most asshole-ish character they could. Like Batgirl with her mindless mix and tele thats an auto fuck you to all zoning wasn't enough..

Still love this game to death tho, outside of MMH/Batgirl being cancerous additions to the game I love almost everything about it.
How fresh and varied the characters are, how crazy interactables were, how unique and ambitious it felt, the god tier story mode, the janky ass minigames, the shitty stick that came with it.
10/10 would buy again.

asddgd

Noob
Oh man, injustice 1, good times. Hawkgirl was one of the funnest characters I've ever played. I still have her on my arcade stick. Then again I am biased coz I'm always a fan of characters that can fly around lol.

I sadly stopped once MMH came out and I realized how they just decided to make the most asshole-ish character they could. Like Batgirl with her mindless mix and tele thats an auto fuck you to all zoning wasn't enough..

Still love this game to death tho, outside of MMH/Batgirl being cancerous additions to the game I love almost everything about it.
How fresh and varied the characters are, how crazy interactables were, how unique and ambitious it felt, the god tier story mode, the janky ass minigames, the shitty stick that came with it.
10/10 would buy again.
I mained Hawkgirl. Played a few other characters but Hawkgirl was always my ride or die.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I mained Hawkgirl. Played a few other characters but Hawkgirl was always my ride or die.
Hell yeah she was mad fun, just remembering how she didnt need to dash, just hawk evade~3 your way across screen and how you can just fly and avoid soooo much shit.
Fighting the characters that relied on tracking ground moves or regular projectiles was hilarious.
She was a very interesting design, lots of polarizing matchups and unique interactions where characters would have to force you down or you just control the screen.
That is before shit like Batgirl that can just tele even in the air, has an uppercut AND a cartwheel that clips you from mad high. MMH was just depressing, you can't even jump let alone fly against him.

Broke my heart that she didn't make it to i2, couldn't truly love that game coz I didn't really click with any other character. I played a handful of characters but nothing close to Hawkgirl.

asddgd

Noob
Hell yeah she was mad fun, just remembering how she didnt need to dash, just hawk evade~3 your way across screen and how you can just fly and avoid soooo much shit.
Fighting the characters that relied on tracking ground moves or regular projectiles was hilarious.
She was a very interesting design, lots of polarizing matchups and unique interactions where characters would have to force you down or you just control the screen.
That is before shit like Batgirl that can just tele even in the air, has an uppercut AND a cartwheel that clips you from mad high. MMH was just depressing, you can't even jump let alone fly against him.

Broke my heart that she didn't make it to i2, couldn't truly love that game coz I didn't really click with any other character. I played a handful of characters but nothing close to Hawkgirl.
Exactly why i stopped playing 2 as well. Didnt even get the savage Hawkman smh

Amplified$hotz

Done with MK1. Stop supporting a scam company
Flash is above ZOD and AM imo. You could take a round if you knocked them down.

Flash had you guessing throughout the whole game. Even when he was knocked down.

And he has no losing match ups.