What's new

INJ2 is on its death bed. It's time for gear.

It more triggers me as an EU player when NA people say the game is dead but then don't bother participating in things like war of the gods, the legends spinoff, @Ragnarök Tyr fight night, the spotlight from JGleez, etc
I take solace that despite the fact not a single TYM person has responded to multiple sign up posts circulating around Kombat Mondays, Fight Night or even the Nostalgia Night for Injustice 1. That some of our regular viewing audience has come from this site.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Because there was only one part of your post that I specifically disagreed with. Why do I have to write arguments for the parts of your post I don't disagree with?

We can have some nuance here I just thought the part where you said "some communities would love to have a tournament" doesn't really make much sense for your argument, those communities are beyond dead, if you are day dreaming bout a tournament then the bell has well and truly done tolled already. It's like arguing Blockbuster is doing fine because it's got more customers than Civic. You aren't exactly measuring out a very high hurdle. You're welcome to disagree, but I'm not the one struggling to discuss this
Because I had a main point and don't want to argue about every little thing that people on the internet want to nitpick about or argue semantics. The point was INJ2 has a big tournament coming up, I could say instead, "some communities would love to have a big money tournament like that" but it wasn't the point.

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I haven't kept careful track, but I feel like some variation of "Injustice 2 is so boring" is the most common complaint I hear and the most common reason given for quitting the game.

I have to admit, I don't understand why folks find the game to be so dreadfully boring. So I'm super curious. For folks who agree that Inj2 is a boring game, what other current gen fighting game(s) do you think hit the right marks for lasting interest? And why--what is it that makes them more interesting to play?
For me, the speed and lack of unique combo mechanics for characters makes it boring. I think the next game should get rid of the B3 and F3, for starters. Also, I never personally connected with any characters in INJ2. I'm not saying it's a bad game by any means. NRS knocked it out of the park in almost every aspect, but for whatever reason, no one was as fun to play as Ares and Lobo were in INJ1.

John Grizzly

The games clearly not that popular from a competitive perspective but there's an upcoming tourney with 100k on the line and you're calling it dead. Some communities would be happy to just have an organized tournament.
That's a great thing for the INJ2 community, for sure. But if you look at how many viewers the game has on Twitch at any given time, it's hard to argue that the game is alive and well, regardless of how big the pot is for one tournament.

This is always the cycle with NRS games. They begin to die off after the first 18 months or so because everyone is just waiting for the next release.

Some people still aren't getting the point I'm trying to make here - I'm not trying to shit on the game by saying it's dead or dying, I'm trying to come up with a way to breathe new life into it, because we won't be seeing another NRS fighter any time soon.

Toodrunk2combo

Sub and kotal FTW
Not one front page thread is INJ2 related. The game is all but dead and is in desperate need of some sort of kick in the ass to refresh it. We aren't getting any more DLC or patches (most likely), but there's still a lot of untapped stuff within the game that we already have.

I realize the gear system is super broken, but who cares? I'd like to see what the top players can do with some of this stuff. I'd watch the shit out of a gear tourney with everything unlocked.

Also, speaking of unlockables, the fucking game has been out for nearly a year and a half and I STILL haven't gotten a Staff of Grayson to drop and a ton of other abilities. All gear abilities should just be unlocked for everyone at this point, should they choose to do so. I paid for the full game and all DLC, I'd like to be able to at least check out the extra abilities within the game.

INJ2 is without question the most balanced NRS fighter in history, but people love broken shit, too. Let me see what someone like Big D could do with Pukey on the screen the entire match. Let me see what Sonic would do to deal with that.

The lack of info from NRS on their next project is killing me and I'm grasping at straws here trying to think of a topic of discussion. I know introducing gear is probably a shitty idea, but at least it's related to an NRS game, unlike 90% of the stuff I see here when I check the site on occasion.
I haven’t played this game in about a year, but this was enthralling to watch.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Whenever I personally see constructive criticism for Injustice 2 it's pretty much always about the zoning in the game - something Injustice 2 already had a problem with (until the arrival of certain DLC characters).
In Injustice 2 some of the best characters are characters, who can inflict a lot of damage full screen. To some that is more boring than having a rushdown centric fighting game.
Online the zoning is even a bigger issue. You have someone watching a tournament and being impressed by a pro players "insert random rushdown character", wanting to give it a try themselves and then they run into Starfire / Doctor Fate / Firestorm / whomever else, who goes full screen and spams special attacks.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Now INJ2 is dead and no one cares. MKX is more relevant right now.
I dont wanna sound like a dick, MKX is more alive, then Injustass, ever will be.

I do feel obligated, stating the fact, that it had its 5 minutes, and that cant be ignored.

Dear Batman, Superman, Turtles, and everyone else I missed here - just dont remember you'all.

Lets join hands fellow TYM brothers and sisters,

Offer this hope to the dying Injustice game, so they can find peace. Jesus will meet them right in their moment of death just as He did the thief on the cross in Luke 23:39-43. Our faith comes up against the fear of death and brings comfort and even joy, in waiting for MIDWAY/NRS's game, one and only: Mortal Kombat

John Grizzly

I dont wanna sound like a dick, MKX is more alive, then Injustass, ever will be.

I do feel obligated, stating the fact, that it had its 5 minutes, and that cant be ignored.

Dear Batman, Superman, Turtles, and everyone else I missed here - just dont remember you'all.

Lets join hands fellow TYM brothers and sisters,

Offer this hope to the dying Injustice game, so they can find peace. Jesus will meet them right in their moment of death just as He did the thief on the cross in Luke 23:39-43. Our faith comes up against the fear of death and brings comfort and even joy, in waiting for MIDWAY/NRS's game, one and only: Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat will always be the more popular game. It's a legendary series and a household name and it has been for a long, long time. There's really no argument about that.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I've read this thread and I really love the more technical discussion, it's something I also seek on my fighting games but...

I remember how excited I was back when the first Injustice was announced. I joined this website to discuss the game in the months before release, and it was so much fun. I love DC comics, animations and movies (but some of the recent movies have been godawful lmao), and I remember when they revealed Doomsday, Raven, Sinestro... I couldn't believe it, it was amazing. The roster was awesome, it was diverse. There's no other game where I can have a fight between Ares and Zatanna, Lobo vs Doomsday, Luthor vs Deathstroke... and so on. I played every character.

I loved Injustice. I bought it on PS3 and years later I bought it on PC. Even if I thought some characters could've made it to the game, in the end the roster was good. I even appreciated Scorpion as a guest!

Years later, Injustice 2 is announced and I start to lose interest rapidly thanks to the roster. I know, probably I shouldn't have to think like this and focus on gameplay and technical stuff. But... I can't.

DC never had a decent fighting game until Injustice happened. That game managed to represent lots of aspects of the DC universe.

I think Injustice 2 had a problematic roster. First, the most obvious: Too much Batman villains. Injustice had 4 Batman villains (I'm counting Catwoman, even if she's mostly an anti-heroine; and I'm not counting Deathstroke since he's also a Justice League and Teen Titans villain); these four villains are extremely popular, even if Bane is a bit less popular (let's be real). Injustice 2 had 7 Batman villains (and I'm not counting Mr. Freeze as a Captain Cold skin), including Scarecrow, Poison Ivy and Deadshot (yay Suicide Squad); I wouldn't be against them being in the game! I like them. But then I look at the rest of the roster and it feels kinda disjointed: Firestorm without Killer Frost? Atrocitus as the only villain of Green Lantern? Black Adam without Shazam?

I know, Shazam is out because of story reasons. I don't really like that in a game like this, you know what I mean?
It's not even like "both Shazam and Black Adam have electric powers, so pick one", because Raiden was added later as a guest!
Same deal with Killer Frost. "Hey, but if you want an ice based character you already have Captain Cold", enter Sub-Zero.
The other guests were all right.
Atrocitus. Oh my... he's not that bad, but I think it's kinda weak on its own. They could've included Star Sapphire (Carol Ferris) and/or Nekron.
Regarding Wonder Woman, they went from Ares to Cheetah... how about Circe instead?
Aquaman at least got Black Manta; but then you have characters thrown in that aren't very exciting on their own like Doctor Fate and Swamp Thing. They do not have villains, and neither do Green Arrow, Atom, Blue Beetle, Black Canary...
Hey, and now that we have Cyborg, Robin, Starfire: How about Raven... oh, I see. Well, at least there's Deathstroke... no... well, maybe Terra... yeah. It's not happening.
There's no Luthor. Again, story reasons. But it's like having a Mortal Kombat where you have Scorpion and no Sub-Zero, and when you ask why you're told "but here's Quan Chi instead! they're rivals too!". I mean, they put the Joker, which is fine since he's Batman's nemesis... but Luthor is left out. "Shut up, have some Brainiac". I'm not missing Doomsday, and I won't miss Brainiac.
Enchantress. Yes. She's dull even in the comics. If they wanted to cash-in the Suicide Squad movie, they should've put Katana or even Diablo instead. Fucking Enchantress!

I have my complains about the first Injustice roster. Yeah, Firestorm was missing, so was Black Manta (or Ocean Master!)... but the rest of the characters in the end made up for their absences. lol and I hate Hawkgirl. I'm not a fan of every character in Injustice, but the game was so good that I even got to play Solomon Grundy and Martian Manhunter lol characters I normally don't care about. But the game was so much fun.

I think the roster of Injustice 2 wouldn't be so problematic to me if there were more characters from the rest of the DC universe along with iconic characters that were missing. But that would mean a gigantic roster, and I know that ain't happening.

Injustice games are about the characters to me. This is not like, say, MK11. I'm a big Mileena fan, but if she's not in I'm playing the game anyway, I love MK as a whole.
Regarding DC, I'm all for the characters and their universe. Sadly, Injustice 2 had a roster that didn't clicked with me enough.
I hope Injustice 3's roster is more like Injustice Gods Among Us and less like Injustice 2.

lol what a long and unrequested post, sorry.

I'm going to reinstall Gods Among Us now.