What's new

Breakthrough Inescapable Flash Freeze reset

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Can anyone show me another video of this being done an opponent who just holds down? I've tried it like 100 times and I haven't gotten it to work once. My timing isn't THAT bad I think.
Posted at 9:43pm
Like set the AI to always crouch, do like F3 > 2 xx MB Grab into the reset or something.
Posted at 9:43pm
Yay triple post, I finally got it to work, holy crap is that hard.
Posted at 9:44pm

Chef plz

Was it really that hard?

.....looks at one minute

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Not sure if this will give you any idea's or not but it could be useful info. With Green Arrow if you whiff any normal/trait or whatever while the opponent is frozen it enables them to block and resets the combo even if they're still frozen. This is what guarantees an inescapable super reset off an ice arrow. I'm pretty sure this is a similar situation.

So I just found something absolutely groundbreaking with Frost.

(Sorry about the shaky cam, but as you can tell by the video, backdashing, jumping and ducking does not escape. Obviously nothing else will either.)

YOU CAN GUARANTEE A MB.FREEZE RESET OFF OF A MB.FREEZE.

We thought it wasn't possible, there was always a catch... backdashing... delayed wake-ups.... try as we might, there always seemed to be a way out... but I knew in my heart of hearts that it was possible, it must be... this game is just too damn silly for it not to be.

HOW TO DO IT? !!!

mb.freeze, tap trait, mb.freeze

This is VERY difficult to execute. I hit it maybe 20 percent of the time in the last hour (I literally just discovered this). I'm not entirely certain about the timing: is it frame perfect and only possible if you tap trait instantly after mb.freeze recovers, and input mb.freeze instantly after trait recovers? I'm not certain, but I think it is, meaning you need 2 consecutive frame perfect timings in a row...

WHY THIS WORKS? !!!

This I think I can shed some light on. For anyone who's tried to perform a trait combo off of mb.freeze and wondered why it doesn't work, it seems like activating trait turns off mb.freeze's comboability, while retaining their immobility. For example, if you mb.freeze, after it's recovery you can dash forward with enough time to combo, but if you mb.freeze and immediately tap trait, for some reason you don't have enough time to combo. I'm assuming this was a safeguard against easy trait combos. I think this safeguard backfired and allows us to connect a mb.freeze that's completely inescapable...

It's time Frost brothers, the second winter is upon us. @Laos_boy 's budding technology has found it's final form, our enemies will tremble in fear, their health bars shall deplete in our ice storm. The vortex is no longer escapeable.

Every single combo now, with 2 meters, has an inescapable 38% ender...
100% trait combos are now possible...
Does Frost now rightfully hold the title of highest damaging character in Injustice?
Does this change match-up numbers? Does this change tier placement?

@xKhaoTik
@RiBBz22
@teh_kingdunch
@Rickyraws
@Vak Phoenix
@Cabronium
@Madog32
@astronout
@Pan1cMode
@ApocaLips
and the amazing @RunwayMafia who I am a fool to have forgotten
and any other Frost player I forgot!!

UPDATE:
Proof of concept video
How you do this? I can pull it off at all

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
How you do this? I can pull it off at all
It's a just frame. I can do it, but timing is super strict ._.

dbf2(MB), trait(this is the frame perfect bit), dbf2(MB)

You can input he second grab at the end of trait and it'll come out on the first available frame so that's not so strict.

BartenderJeeves

Almost a bartender, but not exactly a bartender.
Yeah you never ever see anyone doing MB iceberg into a combo ending in MB grab for a punish which costs 2 bars. Yeah, we never have meter.
That's what I meant when I said you guys don't have meter often. I'm pretty sure most of the time your gonna spend it on kf's vortex and not this. Unless you can do the vortex from this..

It's a just frame. I can do it, but timing is super strict ._.

dbf2(MB), trait(this is the frame perfect bit), dbf2(MB)

You can input he second grab at the end of trait and it'll come out on the first available frame so that's not so strict.
Cool cuz when I did it the grabbed whiff

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
That's what I meant when I said you guys don't have meter often. I'm pretty sure most of the time your gonna spend it on kf's vortex and not this. Unless you can do the vortex from this..
If you can get the regrab reliably, we will always go for this and not vortex.

Queen

Bow Down, Bitches.
Aw man, this is so totally swag.

I was complaining to my boyfriend for the longest time that Frost needed a way to use that rusty trait.

Thank you, @Ne'er-do-well, for this godly find.

JDM

Noob
OK TIME TO ORDER
1: JESUS FUCKING CHRIST CAN WE NOT HAVE 18 DIFFERENT PEOPLE QUOTE ME e_e
2: The tech I havent posted isnt a "OH I WANT PROPS " or "GIVE ME CREDIT" type of thing. Its literally stuff I have shown people. I dont care about credit or to be recognized. Ive already proven that. I really care about nero gettting props for tech I already knew. In fact I was told to speak out against it, when I honestly didnt care which is at the point I am at. I respect this guy for hitting the lab and finding the tech. Good stuff.
3: Even as we speak people know I tell them about tech that hasnt been posted. Sure it may be downplayed but its a matter of "do you like it or not" and when people don't, I tend to get blown up which is very frustrating. The joker forum was more of a downplaying troll post anyway. Its not that causing the problem, its just in general.
4: The people I have tech with are as follows: Cyborg, Raven, Green Arrow, Batgirl (of course) , Nightwing, Black Adam, Doomsday, Catwoman, Killer Frost (or this here is fine as well), MMH, WW, Scorpion, Harley, Bane, Superman (I have told DMS an alternate version of his vortex), Flash (A revisted and revised tech that I brought to Zyphox's attention). I have Shazam option selects against other characters that lead into an infinite as well.
5. I don't hide tech, even with BG. I show people all the tech I find and revision. I am still working hard on getting the entire cast under way. For now I have these character.
6. My decision to post these are truly undecided although I gave DMS the clear to post whatever tech I feel like showing him (WHICH BTW you did the wrong thing with the BG vortex. Ill show you later.)
That is all. /inb4 50 alerts

Quote.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Aw man, this is so totally swag.

I was complaining to my boyfriend for the longest time that Frost needed a way to use that rusty trait.

Thank you, @Ne'er-do-well, for this godly find.
We have found a ton of new combos with trait recently actually. Check the video tech vault.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Too bad fraudulent killer frost players need mb f3 and bounce cancels to open people up otherwise this would be a legitimate reset

You're completely right. Cyrax is fine, matter of fact he needs buffs.
Because majors are a valid measurement of how good a character is.
Kano placing in top 8 early 2013 says hello.

Please refer to my sig gif.
no he doesn't need buffs .. he was fine compared to a kunglao or kabal ... you nerf him and we have this kabal and lao dominated tourney scene .. oh wait