What's new

Independent Shang vs Soul Stealing Shang

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
To become a really good shang player, is it really needed to be able to play the whole cast?
Im trying my best to get good with the whole cast but its a damn lot of work so thats why i wonder if its really needed...
When i saw woundcowboy play he sometimes was soulstealing alot in a match, was this because hes good with the character his opponent plays or is it just because soulsteal works abit like ermacs push.And i have to say that was a style i really liked and never have seen before.

Anyways, what do u guys think?
i dont think its nessersary to be good with the whole cast to be a good shang because morphing into characters that shang beats independantly doesnt make much sense.i think its a good thing to have basic knowledge of how alot of characters are supposed to be played and learn strings and basic combo's aswell.the best thing about soulsteal is that its a mindfuck,your opponent will mostly stay away from you in fear of getting hit with a 55% bnb.
we'll have to get some more shang mirrors in soon,i enjoy our fights.

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
I love stealing scorpion, then doing his own xray on him right after he starts his and hitting him instead... total humiliation lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
i hate shang...i prefer to just turtle if he gets a SS till he changes back -.-

kanaida

Kanaida (MK9 Dashboard for android)
lol... that's crazy. What are you going to do v.s anyone who won't let you steal them? Some people have extremely good defense... can't turtle forever when everyone's running around with sledge hammers :)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
lol... that's crazy. What are you going to do v.s anyone who won't let you steal them? Some people have extremely good defense... can't turtle forever when everyone's running around with sledge hammers :)
when did shao kahn become playable? o-0

i meant VS shang btw >-> i don't use shang.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Forget SS... He should be able to morph into anyone!!
this is something ive thought about for ages.although i think the mk9 shang is the best designed and coolest character in the game ive often wondered if they'd have made him like the old school games and gave him the ability to morph into everyone but to stop it being overpowered when he morphs he gets a massive damage decrease instead of a increase.would that still be op even if he couldnt do ridiculous ott morphing combo's?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
this is something ive thought about for ages.although i think the mk9 shang is the best designed and coolest character in the game ive often wondered if they'd have made him like the old school games and gave him the ability to morph into everyone but to stop it being overpowered when he morphs he gets a massive damage decrease instead of a increase.would that still be op even if he couldnt do ridiculous ott morphing combo's?
Lol yea, I heard the designers had originally intended for Shang to be able to morph into anyone :(. He is still good as he is though.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Lol yea, I heard the designers had originally intended for Shang to be able to morph into anyone :(. He is still good as he is though.
absolutely.he's still the most interesting character in mk9 and soulsteal is still the most underrated move in the game.