What's new

Inconsistent Hitboxes versus Superman and other Fliers

SarahFCM

Noob
So I have found that any setup that uses 213 as a hard knockdown during juggles leads to this annoying bug. It really hurts Joker in certain matchups but especially Superman. This is my first post so if I did something wrong please let me know.

From my testing it seems to be Superman mostly, and it seems to be his stand block animation for F3 because it launches his feet very far forward.

I'm still not sure what's causing this. Does it have to do with when you throw out teeth? I feel like I've done this kind of set up plenty of times and never noticed that it wouldn't hit unless I messed up and put far teeth instead of close teeth.

SarahFCM

Noob
I'm still not sure what's causing this. Does it have to do with when you throw out teeth? I feel like I've done this kind of set up plenty of times and never noticed that it wouldn't hit unless I messed up and put far teeth instead of close teeth.
It has to do with Superman (and other fliers sometimes) raising their legs super high during the stand block animation of Joker's overhead. When Superman especially, blocks, it raises his legs up over the teeth. Now the teeth not hitting him normally is just a spacing thing I found out.

Great video, I doubt anyone will bother to take notice. We joker players get ignored unfortunately.
Unfortunately, for some reason. It is clear to everyone that he is very bad but he received no buffs during the last patch. I'm fine with that but he needs buffs now, like *A* wakeup attack =P

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Though this looks annoying, it doesn't bother me much. I just go for teeth into b13 then they're forced to block low

Edit. It could also be the stage.

SarahFCM

Noob
Though this looks annoying, it doesn't bother me much. I just go for teeth into b13 then they're forced to block low

Edit. It could also be the stage.
Someone else on a Facebook page called the NRS Akadamy mentioned that it could be a stage object fucking it up so while it is not in the video, this glitch does work on all stages. We actually found out the problem over there too. Certain moves that when blocked standing lead to an animation for some flying characters legs shoot up. I think someone said F3, 33, and some other random strings do that for Joker. Since their feet fly up it misses. But. . .

There's so many ways for Joker to blow this up tho lol.
You are correct. I found this out after posting the video that due to my setup that I use, the teeth get put as close to the opponent as possible and that causes issues. If you instead end with B13 and not 213 on fliers, you can fix this problem mostly.