What's new

In regards to factions and Kotal Kahn

cyanide_skittle

Who am I? Jabberwocky Superfly
I just finished getting caught up on the comics, and so far I've really enjoyed how Kotal Kahn has developed as a character. There is a page where Kotal/D'Vorrah/Erron Black meet up with Sonya Blade for help, and seeing these three characters got me wondering where they fit in as a faction?

The only one that makes sense to me would be if they were in the Brotherhood of Shadows. My speculation is Quan somehow leverages Kotal to try and become emperor so Quan can be the "man behind the man sitting in power" sorta deal. D'Vorrah is loyal to Kahn so her alignment would fall in line with his.

Erron Black we don't know much about, but it would be kinda cool if he was some sort of double agent type that is actually in kahootz with Special Forces or even Black Dragon.

Thoughts?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I'm thinking he's allied to the Black Dragon. If Mileena is allied with the Red then it makes sense that Kotal would go Black. And you know what happens then....

Dark

Noob
They aren't in any of the 5 factions. Theyre part of outworld, which is one of the factions that invade the others randomly. Although the black dragon do seem to be working with them.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Which faction does Mileena in the game belongs to? Who supports her cause? Brotherhood of Shadows?

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
Which faction does Mileena in the game belongs to? Who supports her cause? Brotherhood of Shadows?

So far as we know, she's on her own with a nascent alliance with the Red Dragon but considering Kotal allied with Raiden during the Netherrealm War, it makes sense to think that Mileena allied with the Brotherhood. Outworld War could be a proxy of the Netherrealm War

cyanide_skittle

Who am I? Jabberwocky Superfly
They aren't in any of the 5 factions. Theyre part of outworld, which is one of the factions that invade the others randomly. Although the black dragon do seem to be working with them.
That's a really good point. I think I had it in my head that every character needed to belong to one of the factions in the game.