What's new

in depth Jax Breakdown all 3 variation, changes wish list

nerfs
Jax - Sleep, Bitch (Away + Front Kick, Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now does 90 damage (down from 100)
Jax - Quick Drill (Down, + Front Punch, Down + Back Punch) can now be both high and low parried
Jax - Briggs Barricade now has 19 active frames (down from 24) and 5 less recovery frames
The D1 "nerf" was universal...only the last hit in that combo was nerfed (by 10) while the 2nd was buffed by 20.

And I have no idea how shaving recovery frames off of Barricade is a nerf..it can actually be used in projectile fights now, you can literally Barricade->Heat Missile->and Block in time to launch another to take advantage because the opponent ate the first one.

alright here the good news guys.

from playing mainly fujin 3 variation those past days. it still early but i really feel like Jax shit on fujin.

Jax can bully the fuck out of him once in and bf4 is good to deal with his sky walk bullshit. also jax zoning gives him problems.
Fujin doesnt have real good staggers so he makes one mistakes and you do close to the same level of dmg. anyway thats my take.

So I picked up v1 jax and was a little upset that the cancel is super unsafe off duck and weave oh well doesnt cost a bar. As well as being able to be jab punished or poked every follow up. Wouldn't it be fair if he could get his mid be Gapless? It's not like he burns 2 meters midscreen for big damage and on top of that less crushing blows than hd and no armour breaker wtf is that lol.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Jax may need combos but he is shockingly effectively without having to do big damage. It's fucking weird. I miss his old FB though even if it is still good.

can anyone explain to me why jax jab is 8f ? im still asking myself that since release.
Because he is a oki grappler, not a speed demon.

So I picked up v1 jax and was a little upset that the cancel is super unsafe off duck and weave oh well doesnt cost a bar. As well as being able to be jab punished or poked every follow up. Wouldn't it be fair if he could get his mid be Gapless? It's not like he burns 2 meters midscreen for big damage and on top of that less crushing blows than hd and no armour breaker wtf is that lol.
Mk11 baby. Nrs is really good at giving characters a worse version of an stiers moves. Like why does jax have a pokeable giant gap in his launcher while sonya or Jacqui doesnt.

I think ringer could use some buffs it's fun to play ass but the ground pound should be juggle able from near mid screen if landed. Basically just faster recovery on hit

Last edited:
Can someone explain me this please.
OldmanSkills on Twitter: "can someone explain me this ? Jax supposed to be +16 from get outta my face. so doing a 9f should jail him and not be able to be airborn. https://t.co/STy6jSok5k" / Twitter

Jax supposed to be +16 from get outta my face. so doing a 9f should jail him and not be able to be airborn.so you can os this by holding up so it will cover two options , quad grab and ripped to combo cause the opponent will be airborn. of course you have other options like gotcha grab or bf3 but its not the problem the problem is that the opponent shouldnt be able to leave the ground.

BTW new Jax guide coming up soon if anyone interested.

OldmanSkills on Twitter: "can someone explain me this ? Jax supposed to be +16 from get outta my face. so doing a 9f should jail him and not be able to be airborn. https://t.co/STy6jSok5k" / Twitter

Jax supposed to be +16 from get outta my face. so doing a 9f should jail him and not be able to be airborn.so you can os this by holding up so it will cover two options , quad grab and ripped to combo cause the opponent will be airborn. of course you have other options like gotcha grab or bf3 but its not the problem the problem is that the opponent shouldnt be able to leave the ground.

Lmao I didn’t even know frame data on this I just knew if I f33 the last 3 may whiff so if I thought they would jump I would just do f2 instead. This has definitely been a thing for a while then cuz I haven’t really played since sindel came out

Last edited:
Lmao I didn’t even know frame data on this I just knew if I f33 the last 3 may whiff so if I thought they would jump I would just do f2 instead. This has definitely been a thing for a while then cuz I haven’t really played since sindel came out
i know its been there since the begining of time but, is it me or something isnt right or its just intended like that ? it seems like the plus frames are there but we still in too much recovery even on hit. instead i do d12 if my opponent jumps he get kbed or d12 gotcha and restand again.

i know its been there since the begining of time but, is it me or something isnt right or its just intended like that ? it seems like the plus frames are there but we still in too much recovery even on hit. instead i do d12 if my opponent jumps he get kbed or d12 gotcha and restand again.
Oh it definitely isn’t right, It’s not how frame data is intended to work. It’s just like it’s weird that I can be hit with plus frames moves on block and still be able to back dash out it unless im in the corner. Every other fighting game I’ve played if someone puts me in plus frames I HAVE to block. In this game sometimes you can backdash or jump out which makes no sense.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy

The frame data must be wrong, its definitely not +16, more like +5 or something

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
The frame data must be wrong, its definitely not +16, more like +5 or something

Are you even a Jax main player? What are your online stats? I bet you play KL, got like 1k wins, and thought you own the game!
This is Mortal Kombat 11, not MKX, where frame data was incorrect! This is flawless, well balanced Pro competitive game! How dare you question NRS!

Are you even a Jax main player? What are your online stats? I bet you play KL, got like 1k wins, and thought you own the game!
This is Mortal Kombat 11, not MKX, where frame data was incorrect! This is flawless, well balanced Pro competitive game! How dare you question NRS!
is this dude serrious ?