What's new

in depth Jax Breakdown all 3 variation, changes wish list

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
you can 100% react to jax staggers you have about 20f window and i proved it in my video.
Just to come back on this, can u show that video where u react to his f33 staggers? I have no idea how u can react when its -4. If he follows up with f3 again thats 13 frames to react. Not sure where u get this 20f window from.

Just to come back on this, can u show that video where u react to his f33 staggers? I have no idea how u can react when its -4. If he follows up with f3 again thats 13 frames to react. Not sure where u get this 20f window from.
yes the video is there around 4:21
you can 100% react to that offline. the 20f window is between the staggers 4f +9 for the next f3 its 13f. of course you can do f33 and d1 but even that its reactible.

Last edited:
also i know secret tech that i dont want to share just yet , but you can os stuff againts jax making his pressure in HD useless if you know about them.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
yes the video is there around 4:21
you can 100% react to that offline. the 20f window is between the staggers 4f +9 for the next f3 its 13f. of course you can do f33 and d1 but even that its reactible.
The thing i have problems with is when jax does either f33 into that OH or just f33 followed up with d1 or grab or another f33

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
are you testing it offline or online ?
Well i havent really tested in practise mode, its just from playing online against someone who i play sets against regulary where i try to react wether he staggers f33 or not. Next time i play again ill test it offline if i can react to it or not.

Well i havent really tested in practise mode, its just from playing online against someone who i play sets against regulary where i try to react wether he staggers f33 or not. Next time i play again ill test it offline if i can react to it or not.
like ive said in the video , its hard online. but even then i play againts local friends with around 40-50 ms and he react to every single stagger i do.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I feel like RoboCop's 2nd variation is almost like a nerf to Jax. Seems like it utterly counters him, just based on what they showed in the KK.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. Not only is the zoning strong, but he's got a tool to automatically send you back to full-screen on block, along with a solid-looking parry.

Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. Not only is the zoning strong, but he's got a tool to automatically send you back to full-screen on block, along with a solid-looking parry.
since all jax projectiles are high, rob kb will work well againts him for anti zoning. also using parry for the overhead might work well also deal with the f33 staggers.

anyway im not surprised there, from all the dlc jax doesnt beat one of them for kp1 i wouldnt surprised if he also lose to all DLC in kp2.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
The absolute mad lads, they actually buffed GB ripped again by reducing its scale when it was already his optimal launcher. That and the parry now has less recovery.
I think it's fair to say that GB is definitely his best variation now.

The absolute mad lads, they actually buffed GB ripped again by reducing its scale when it was already his optimal launcher. That and the parry now has less recovery.
I think it's fair to say that GB is definitely his best variation now.
i think having the cmd grab is still what make jax strong but the dev def want us to play GB over all other variation. but im still confused on why they nerfed jax again.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
i think having the cmd grab is still what make jax strong but the dev def want us to play GB over all other variation. but im still confused on why they nerfed jax again.
they didn't nerf anything tho. They made his d12 high and low parryable which is.. ok? Just d3 against Sonya with the parries. Not really a big deal. b32 1+3 does 1% more too which is.. nice.

they didn't nerf anything tho. They made his d12 high and low parryable which is.. ok? Just d3 against Sonya with the parries. Not really a big deal. b32 1+3 does 1% more too which is.. nice.
nerfs
Jax - Sleep, Bitch (Away + Front Kick, Back Punch, Front Punch + Front Kick) now does 90 damage (down from 100)
Jax - Quick Drill (Down, + Front Punch, Down + Back Punch) can now be both high and low parried
Jax - Briggs Barricade now has 19 active frames (down from 24) and 5 less recovery frames

So Hunker down is basically untouched. I may have to switch to GB now which was my initial main before i realized all the pokeable gaps. It is dissaponting HD didn't receive the buffs it deserved but I am fine switching to GB even though it really makes Jax not as interesting to play imo, HD feels like a true grappler. Lol not even any buffs to the Quad grab timing smh I can tell they think Jax is OD when he really isnt.
This is the closest I've come to actually dropping him entirely simply because every new character is a horrible MU for Jax where he doesnt really have an advantage. Like I can't imaging playing Jax against a zoning Fujin/Robocop.

Jax is just another example of how power creep in dlc characters makes certain OG characters obsolete in every way. Sheeva can zone better than him as a rushdown lol.

Last edited: