What's new

in depth Jax Breakdown all 3 variation, changes wish list

Lol dude.
This entire KL season I'm just getting worked by the sheer amount of long distance disjointed/low profiling buttons that push you way far back out of all of your buttons' reach.
I've had Noobs "pressure" me by whiffing their mega high priority low recovery buttons in front of me, I've had Errons mash d3 max distance which is next to impossible to counterpoke with Jax buttons, f3 doesn't reach and f2 is too slow.
I've had my 1+3s flawless blocked, my fake command grab setups blown the fuck up because there are no real command grab setups, my staggers constantly poked out of, etc. etc.
Your MU chart is about right, this character loses - a lot, and funny enough it doesn't take much to really shit on this character. If you have really good downpokes as well as good damage you're already a better offensive character than Jax.
i feel you man , my sparring partners are all reacting to every single staggers i do. Jax lack of real plus frames are the issue he cant setup shit besides in the corner with gotcha grab.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
i feel you man , my sparring partners are all reacting to every single staggers i do. Jax lack of real plus frames are the issue he cant setup shit besides in the corner with gotcha grab.
That might be because you play them regulary and they know your tendencies so they are making reads based upon that. Im not even sure you can actually react to staggers, i cant. Everytime i interrupt a stagger its because in know they gonna stagger, not because i react to it. Unless they use a realy bad stagger like for example jokers f1.

That might be because you play them regulary and they know your tendencies so they are making reads based upon that. Im not even sure you can actually react to staggers, i cant. Everytime i interrupt a stagger its because in know they gonna stagger, not because i react to it. Unless they use a realy bad stagger like for example jokers f1.
you can 100% react to jax staggers you have about 20f window and i proved it in my video.

F33 staggers is officially dead now since the block change. So please NRS give Jax real pressure tools thanks.

Btw im happy about the patch its a good thing overall. but Jax stagger game is even more fucked because of it now.

Last edited:

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Switch to GB, he got buffed right? :DOGE:DOGE:DOGE
Barely, I mean it's nice since db4 leads to more damage than bf2 amp but ehhhhh.
If he could combo off of his 12 autoshimmy then we'll be talking, at that point he'd just be Cassie up close which is lit.
But I can only dream.

oh and yeah f33 is dead. He's pretty much f33 or grab now.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
As a Kotal main I dont see how Kotal doesnt beat Jax. Ever since I switched from Kung Lao, Jax has pretty much become a non issue for me, and he used to be one of my big problem matchups.

Ascension can mix it up in Jax's range and he has much scarier mixups. Buluc can stay at any range where Jax isnt effective and stack totems

I think Jax is super irritating to fight against, so I wonder how much I'd like to see him get buffed. He's really one-dimensional

As a Kotal main I dont see how Kotal doesnt beat Jax. Ever since I switched from Kung Lao, Jax has pretty much become a non issue for me, and he used to be one of my big problem matchups.

Ascension can mix it up in Jax's range and he has much scarier mixups. Buluc can stay at any range where Jax isnt effective and stack totems

I think Jax is super irritating to fight against, so I wonder how much I'd like to see him get buffed. He's really one-dimensional
keep in mind this chart is my opinion only and im not a pro. But this is from my personal match up data and data ive gained from pros and from tourneys and majors.

thats been said. The kotal mu isnt that bad jax can zone and up close jax can mash out on kotal they also have the same gameplan. I think its even but of course kotal hits you jax lose half his life if jax hits him its a slap on the wrist.

thlityoursloat

kick kick

blasphemy.. what's this? Someone who doesn't play Jax that admits he's just annoying to fight, but is ultimately not very good? BLASPHEMY, you're supposed to complain about how it's impossible to bait his grabs and to poke out of his predictable stagger game!

Can we all just admit Jax is annoying to fight against because he's a big black man who beats the shit out of you? Jacqui's f3 stagger game is worlds better and no one complains about that, but because Jax's command overhead and gotcha grab have him beating the lights out of you jax is broke.
No, seriously, the character just looks like he's mad good, but he isn't.

blasphemy.. what's this? Someone who doesn't play Jax that admits he's just annoying to fight, but is ultimately not very good? BLASPHEMY, you're supposed to complain about how it's impossible to bait his grabs and to poke out of his predictable stagger game!

Can we all just admit Jax is annoying to fight against because he's a big black man who beats the shit out of you? Jacqui's f3 stagger game is worlds better and no one complains about that, but because Jax's command overhead and gotcha grab have him beating the lights out of you jax is broke.
honestly i felt for it the first time i picked up jax in mk11, he as very good normals but just by that doesnt make him good sadly. Cause his pressure is fake as fuck and you know the rest.

Meanwhile i picked up Shang and Joker who are wayyyyyyyy better and their plus frames make you fucking block if you dont you explode.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path

Yeah just because a character is irritating doesnt make them really good. Dan and Blanka in SFIV are good examples.

Jax's pressure doesnt seem as easy to poke out of as you claim, but like you can really just block his f3 and f33 all day and wait for him to finish the string or go for a grab

However watching Gunshow play Jax a few months back makes me feel like the character isn't exactly hopeless. Like he was shiddin on top players

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Yeah just because a character is irritating doesnt make them really good. Dan and Blanka in SFIV are good examples.

Jax's pressure doesnt seem as easy to poke out of as you claim, but like you can really just block his f3 and f33 all day and wait for him to finish the string or go for a grab

However watching Gunshow play Jax a few months back makes me feel like the character isn't exactly hopeless. Like he was shiddin on top players
Gunshow is a rare sight to see, and the Jax pick in high level play is even rarer. Of course no one's going to be prepared. Not to mention the new buffer change that makes poking out so much easier, I mean, you can literally jail him into pressure post 1+3 if you have a 7f jab.
This was all possible before of course, but the key reason his pressure worked is because you had to be very ready to poke out, now you have a gigantic 5f window. Blimey.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
he has him as a bottom 5 character lol. Which is totally accurate.
Stop downplaying this much please. This character is obviously not S+++ tier material like everyone said when the game was new, but he's definitely not bottom 5. You're looking like those morons on the Kitana / early JC forums

So many pros have jax pretty high in tierlist. Remember guys a tierlist is not based on your own skill.

See I don't like the idealistic view people have in this game that every character is viable. The fact that you rarely see Jax played in majors is a representation for how truly weak he is. I'd agree he is def B-C tier unlike most people's lists. Tiers matter alot in this game imo

Yea people just hate sitting through the gotcha grab animation and hate hearing the same tink sound over and over again.Thing Jax's animations aren't half as annoying as others, Errons throws literally make me rage quit sometimes cuz they are so long to sit thru.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
See I don't like the idealistic view people have in this game that every character is viable. The fact that you rarely see Jax played in majors is a representation for how truly weak he is. I'd agree he is def B-C tier unlike most people's lists. Tiers matter alot in this game imo
So kung lao is also truly weak since only 1 or 2 ppl play him at top level?

So kung lao is also truly weak since only 1 or 2 ppl play him at top level?
Not as weak as jax cuz his damage off a punish is much scarier but he deff has flaws. I see Lao more in majors but he never really comes close to winning. Another character that can't compete with the crack tier.