What's new

In Case Your Favorite Isn't In

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I know many of us have specific characters that we want to come back in Mortal Kombat 11. Unfortunately, netherealm cannot please everyone who is a Mk fan. Hopefully most of your favorites will make it in and if not, another hope is for DLC and I have a powerful speech for those of you ending up being disappointed towards the final roster. The fact that netherealm decided to implement the gear system and skins similar to what injustice had makes me think that they really care for all the fans. Why? because this way you can create characters your very own. Let's say you don't like Kabal and wondering if you could end up liking him. The pros of that happening is high because well there will be tons of skins, gear, and movesets for that one specific character to shine to be your new favorite character. I'm certain that if smoke doesn't make it for example, characters like scorpion or noob will have the ability to be very similar like him or should I say mostly appearance wise. My point is don't give up guys, convince yourself and believe that this game will be great no matter what. This will open the gateway for you to ending up actually enjoy something that sadly worst cases does not have what you were hoping for. Now I know I still struggle these things myself because of that support thread i've made but, live life without expectations, stop trying to seek perfection because these only happen rarely, be grateful for what's good in anything besides what is terrible about it, and yeah. I hope this message is helpful for those that love mortal kombat and have many wishes to come true towards the series. I'll give you a great example of what's not perfect in things. I hated kung jin, Ferra Torr, and pretty much all the combat kids in Mkx, but that did not stop me from enjoying and playing the game. Why? well it's because I focused on what I do like about it instead of focusing my energy towards the things that I dislike. It's what really helped me bring the passion for mortal kombat again. You will not like everything presented in life, and that's reality. This is what I mean by living life without expectations..

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I'm used to my favourite characters not being on the roster, so I've found someone else that appealed to me.
Jade and Rain weren't in MK4, so I played Reiko and Tanya.
None of them was in MKDA, so I played Nitara.
MKX had none of them either, so I played Takeda. Tanya joined as a DLC though, which was cool.

Luckily, I already got an eye on Skarlet in MK11 should none of my faves return. ^^

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I'm used to my favourite characters not being on the roster, so I've found someone else that appealed to me.
Jade and Rain weren't in MK4, so I played Reiko and Tanya.
None of them was in MKDA, so I played Nitara.
MKX had none of them either, so I played Takeda. Tanya joined as a DLC though, which was cool.

Luckily, I already got an eye on Skarlet in MK11 should none of my faves return. ^^
That's the spirit...your growing strong in pursuing mortal kombat. I applaud for you :)

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I didn't really get into fighting games until 2014/2015, so I've never really developed any type of lifelong connection with any character. Pretty much any roster is good for me.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This game honestly looks like more than enough of a bresh of fresh air from the last two installments that I really don't care who makes which cut right now. Skarlet and Baraka by themselves would be enough for me alone.
Geras has a body splash like Doomsday.
The Ice Clone is gone.
Shao Kahn is gonna be playable.
Noob Saibot.
No more run cancels or playing Guess That Mixup everytime you get knocked down.
Kabal, but sane.
Maybe Chess Kombat.
I am all good.

(Imma still lose my fucking mind if Ashrah or Cyrax gets in, though.)
((Probably see them in MK12 on the next-gen consoles.))

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I'd rather not have characters being similar over the character themselves, that being said being open minded to other characters is always a good thing.

I was disappointed in no Smoke or Rain for MKX (especially cause he was a story fight) but Kotal Kahn became a quick favorite.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Do you do enough to send tweets to every single NetherRealm Studios employee literally every single day asking for those characters to be added in?
I think I've sent... erh... one, maybe two. Usually when they made polls or asked what characters people would like to see. I rarely respond to tweets in general though.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I think I've sent... erh... one, maybe two. Usually when they made polls or asked what characters people would like to see. I rarely respond to tweets in general though.
Then you're not doing it right! How can you call yourself a character fan if you're not flooding Ed Boon's replies with requests? Have you ever even sent him a death threat??

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Sindel is hardly ever in games -- only 4 to date, including Armageddon which had everybody -- so this is just my lot in life. I usually play Tanya, Jade, or Mileena instead depending on who's in the game.

For me it's always been the quality of the characters over the names/quantity. I don't see why you would get attached to the mechanics of a character from a previous game, because they never really play the same. I don't play a fighting game character for their written in personality or their relevancy in the story, because both of those don't add much to a versus format. In terms of looks, sounds, and overall presentation, that comes to how well executed it is rather than what is being executed. I personally love monster type characters like Goro. However any day I would take Stryker with a move set that allows creativity, solid animations even for plain looking moves, and thematic sound effects over Goro with linear gameplay and unimmersive animations and audio.

D

Deleted member 59910

MKX: 3 characters I really like.
MK11: already 5 characters I really like (not counting the leak).

I don’t like Frost and the kombat kids, but I can’t complain, so... I’m happy even the leak being true :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Well, as of now two of my favs aren't confirmed but if they turn out to not make it I'll just use my other favs which would be Raiden, Kabal and Jade so far in this game. Skarlet also has me very curious but I may just pick Jade over her still debating that within myself. It'll depend who else is revealed and DLC for sure, how they play etc