What's new

Improving the community: Why we MUST share our tech!

That “withhold tech” mentality still exists
But it just felt super weird to even ask so I just kinda left it and forgot about it.
Thank you for making this thread. It actually saddens me that even in 2018 people still need to be told to share knowledge.
Hoarding tech strikes me as the same mentality as old school Capcom/Namco fighting game devs refusing to provide the player any knowledge of how their own games work until VERY recently (frame data, move attributes, etc) which is akin to playing something like DotA without any tooltips on your items or spells, and said developers still have a long way to go before the amount of player information is at a proper standard imo. What Double Helix did for Killer Instinct should be the minimum standard for all fighters.

I also think these systems should go a step further by actually injecting mini tutorials for confirmed tech to be uploaded directly to the game for players to access.

The problem is most people just play laggy online so they really dont know tech.
Thats why when people do give tech theres always a huge debate over something that can be found out in 5 minutes.