What's new

Tech - Impostor Impostor's guaranteed reset on Reptile

I have just come up with this set up and didn't have time to practice it. It isn't easy to do so I just recorded it in separate parts so I can post the general idea. Don't blow me up))) my execution sucks)
So Impostor steals forceball from Reptile and only gets the guaranteed vortex in the corner. We used to do some ghetto set ups midscreen with it. But this is what we can actually do:

Low:

Overhead:

And if you do the wake up roll you can quickly follow that up with a combo back into the Mimicry meterlessly:

If your opponent is stupid enough to try to tech the throw he gets launched by the forceball and you don't so you can get an easier and a more damaging follow up combo.

So the least damage you get is when they don't tech. In this case the low option will do 17%+guaranteed 15% back into the Mimicry restand= 32%
And overhead option does 21% +15%=36% into the restand. Now that isn't that great if you consider that you spend a bar of meter for that.
But if you spend another bar of meter after the wake up roll instead of F4xxMimicry you can do F4xxHell Sparks MB after the 3rd spark, back into a max range Mimicry which will allow for this set up to be repeated.
So off of the low option you get F4xxHell Sparks MB after 3rd spark, Mimicry= 17% + Guaranteed throw into forceball reset into another F4xxHell Sparks MB after 3rd spark , into another Mimicry + Another guaranteed throw into forceball reset into F4xxMimicry. You get the idea)
@ArmedCalf
@D. R.
@all the imposters

Riot Frenzy

Acidic Reptile
This is why I hate fighting imposter! My own move used against me while having to also guess the teleport in midscreen is annoying lol.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
nah, it should stay how it is, impostor isnt among the characters who need a nerf, and reptile is really the only character this applies to. Nerfing a character for the sake of only 1 other characters is just plain bad.

btw, couldnt u just do shinnoks normal low or overhead and have it be safe with the acid ball backing you up too?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Found this a while back (looks through clips) you can get like 50% unbreakable with this

Found this a while back (looks through clips) you can get like 50% unbreakable with this
Maximum unbreakable You can get is if you have 3 bars and start with f4xxSparks MB into this set up, do the wake up Ex Hell Sparks MB into Mimicry and then the guaranteed chip like Forceball,Ji4xxtele,ji1 312xxamulet strike or Shoulder, if you don't want them to block breaker your chip though you can go for another reset and additional 9% of throw+forceball, after that they can break.