What's new

Combo List - Shinnok Impostor Shinnok Mimicry combo/vortex options Megathread. Will be updated regularly.

Shamwow0w0w

Steam / Twitch: Apsasu
I'm creating this thread to compile a list of post Mimicry options vs each character. I want to have a list of Imposter Shinnoks optimal combos starting with Shin Kick (F4/low starter), Devious Heel (B3/overhead starter), and neutral jump punch for mid screen and in the corner after connecting with a Mimicry. If there is a way to end a combo with Mimicry AFTER using the stolen move in a combo to continue the mixup/vortex then I will use that option.

Using a neutral jump punch in your combo pre Mimicry will nullify the Mimicry -> instant air teleport -> neutral jump punch/F4 mixup since the neutral jump punch splats if it hits twice in a row before recovering from Mimicry's hit stun, therefore I will assume that-----112xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit)-forward jump 2, F22xxMimicry is the optimal combo starter for Mimicry set ups since it doesn't use a neutral jump punch.

Using a neutral jump punch within a combo before Mimicry will get you slightly more damage BUT will take away the NJP mixup afterwards. With the threat of NJP as a mixup you can force your opponent to guess when to block high/low 3-4 times within 20 ish frames. (*After connecting with Mimicry, you can teleport low enough to the ground where you can do a 10 ish frame instant NJP or land a couple frames later and do a 7 frame Shin Kick [F4/Low starter], and now you can add a B3 (Devious Heel/Overhead starter) or a delayed F4 [Shin Kick/Low starter]).

@MsMiharo does a nice job explaining it. I understand Shinnok has an actual overhead now, but why limit out mix up options?
This video demonstrates exactly why I will try to add in combos starting with NJP into this guide as well as B3/F4.

@usedcarsalesmang has provided videos showing that you can continue the vortex if you purposely whiff the stolen special move after connecting with a Mimicry so you can end your next mix up with Mimicry again vs certain characters. If fighting against a character marked with a W next to their name you will not have enough time for the teleport mixup if you wish to end your mixup with Mimicry again.

****Legend****
M
= The Move that is stolen from Mimicry.
B = The combo is done as a Block string after landing Mimicry.
L = Combo used after connecting with a F4 (Low starter/Shin Kick)
OH = Combo used after connecting with B3 (Overhead starter/Devious Heel)
NJP = Combo used after connecting with a Neutral Jump Punch.
C = Corner only. If C is not listed then this can be done mid screen.
V = Vortex is available vs this character.
U = U
seless for extending combos/vortex. Mostly used as combo ender.
MB = Meterburn/enhance/use a bar of your meter.
W = Whiff the special move stolen on purpose after you connect with Mimicry. The Mimicry needs to be used from a certain distance vs certain characters to give enough space for the stolen move to properly whiff.

Note** Anything that is underlined will be an estimation of what I have observed through gameplay and will be updated with exact numbers soon. Keep in mind that frame data for stolen moves is not available. I will also be adding the damage of each combo.

Note 2***
I have not had a chance to play since the recent patch where Shinnok gained a new B3 (Devious Heel) so I will be relying on the community to help out :)

1.) Cassie Cage [B]
M:
Gun Shots.
B: Jump in punch, 312xxGun Shots. 16% chip damage.
Note: Builds 2/3 of a bar and is completely safe on block.
Note 2: Can NOT whiff this move after Mimicry connects to continue B3/F4 into Mimicry

2.) D'Vorrah [B, W, V]
M
: Ovipositor Charge
B: Jump in punch, 312xxOvipositor Charge. 9.5% chip damage.
Note: Negative on block but the pushback makes it safe.
Note 2: You can whiff Ovipositor charge before Mimicrys hit stun is over to continue with your B3/F4 into Mimicry. Will have combos for the whiff tech soon.

3.) Ermac [V, L, NJP, OH]
M:
Tele-Hang
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward jump 2, F22xxTele-Hang, Mimicry. 32% damage 1 bar.
F4xxTele-Hang, Jump forward 2, 4xxMimicry 21% meterless.
Low with NJP: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, NJP, 4xxTele-Hang, 1xxMimicry. 35% 1 bar.
OH: B3, F223xxTele-Hang, F3xxMimicry. 28% meterless.
B3, F22xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, F3xxTele-Hang, F2xxMimicry. 36% 1 bar.
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxTele-Hang, Mimicry. 24%.

4.) Erron Black [V, L, OH, W]
M:
Sand Gust (Anti Air)
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB first spark), Sang Gust, Run Cancel F22xxMimicry 26%
OH: B3, F2xxSand Gust, Run Cancel BF3. 27%
B3, F2xxSand Gust 19% with a safe teleport setup.
Note: You can whiff your Sand Gust after connecting with Mimicry and then proceed with your F4/B3 mixup before the hit advantage of Mimicry is over.

5.) Ferra/Torr [B, W, V]
M:
Deep Stab (Command Grab)
B: After landing Mimicry you get a 100% guaranteed Deep Stab.
Note: It does 15% damage and sends them almost full screen away.
Note 2: You can whiff your Deep Stab after Mimicry if you want to go for your B3/F4 mixup into Mimicry, or you can use it at the end of the combo/blockstring if you want the extra damage/mixup.

6.) Goro [B]
M:
Stomp (Unblockable)
B: After landing Mimicry you get a 100% guaranteed Stomp.
Note: It does 13.3% and keeps Goro within jump distance.
Note 2: Can NOT whiff this move after Mimicry connects to continue B3/F4 into Mimicry

7.) Jacqui Briggs [V, L, OH]
M: Bionic Dash
L: F4xxBionic Dash, F2xxMimicry. 16%
OH: B3, F2xxBionic Dash, F2xxMimicry. 21%

8.) Jax [W, (C)L, (C)OH,]
M: Dash Punch
Corner Low: F4xxDash Punch (hold down), D1, 112xxMimicry. 26% meterless
F4,overheadpunch,112,mb amulet,d1,mb hellspark,st.1 trance 47% 2 bars
Corner Overhead: Dash Punch (hold down), D1, 112xxMimicry.

Note: To set up the whiff tech mid screen against Jax you must use Mimicry after meter burning the third hit of Hell Sparks in order to give your self enough space.

9.) Johnny Cage [U]
M:
Shadow Kick
U: End your BnB with Shadow Kick. Does not extend combos/vortex.
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, NJP, F22xxShadow Kick. 34% 1 bar.
OH: B3, F22xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, 3xxShadow Kick. 36% 1 bar.
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxShadow Kick.
Note: Can NOT whiff this move after Mimicry connects to continue B3/F4 into Mimicry

10.) Kano [U]
M:
Ball (straight)
U: End your BnB with Ball. This move does not extend combos/vortex.
Note. Can NOT whiff this move after Mimicry connects to continue B3/F4 into Mimicry
Note 2: After ending a BnB with Ball you can get a teleport mixup going. They can't tech roll out. Kano can use a wake up but the timing is strict and must react to which side you teleport if he wants to input his wake up correctly.
Credit to @MsMiharo for uploading this video

11.) Kenshi [V, L, NJP, OH, W]
M: Rising Karma
L: F4xxRising Karma, D1xxMimicry. 18%
F4~DB1, D1~DB2MB (1st spark, DB1 25% / 2nd Spark, DB1 28% / 3rd Spark, run cancel, DB1 31%)
f4xxRising Karma,f4xxSparks mb,f22, mimic. 35%
NJP: NJP, Rising Karma, D1xxMimicry. 21%
W L: F4xxHell Spark (MB the first hit), slight walk forward, NJP, 4xxMimicry. 26%
W OH : B3, F22xHell Sparks (MB the first hit), J1, Mimicry. 27% 1 bar.

12.) Kitana [V, L, NJP]
M:
Fan Lift
L:
Low without NJP- F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, Fan Lift, Mimicry. 23% 1 bar
Low with NJP in combo- F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, NJP, F2xxFan Lift, 2xxMimicry. 31% 1 bar
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxFan Lift, Mimicry. 21%. meterless
OH: B3, F22xxFan Lift, NJP, F3xxMimicry. 26% meterless
B3, F22xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, Fan Lift, 1xxMimicry. 31% 1 bar.

13.) Kotal Khan [V, L, NJP]
M:
Air Takedown (anti air grab)
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward jump 2, F22xxAir Takedown, Mimicry. 35% 1 bar.
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxAir Takedown,F2xxMimicry. 31%

14.) Kung Jin [U]
M:
Cartwheel Drop
U: Use at the end of your BnB to get a hard knock down. Cannot be used to extend combos/vortex.

15.) Kung Lao [V, L, NJP]
M:
Hat Spin
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward dash, Hat Spin, Mimicry. 26% 1 bar
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxHat Spin, Mimicry. 25%

16.) Liu Kang [U]
M:
Flying Kick
U: Use at the end of your BnB to 'waste' this move so you can have Mimicry ready for your next combo.
Note: Can NOT whiff this move after Mimicry connects for B3/F4 into Mimicry.

17.) Mileena [V, L, NJP]
M: Ground
Roll
L: F4xxGround Roll, NJP, 4xxMimicry. 25%.
NJP: NJP, 4xxGround Roll, 4xxMimicry. 29%.

18.) Quan Chi [V, L, NJP, OH]
M:
Trance
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward jump 2, F22xxTrance, Jump in punch, 112xxMimicry. 36 % 1 bar
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxTrance, jump in punch, 112xxMimicry. 30%
OH: B3, F223xxTrance, forward jump 2, 312xxMimicry. 33%

19.) Raiden [U]
M:
Flying Thunder God
U: Use at the end of your BnB so you have Mimicry ready for the next combo. Has great wall carry.
Note: Can NOT whiff this move after Mimicry connects to continue B3/F4 into Mimicry

20.) Reptile [W, L, OH]
M:
Force Ball (one speed only)
**Note for the whiff: Use the combos below after you've connected with Mimicry to get the correct spacing for the set up. If you connect with one of them then you must use Force Ball immediately and then run cancel your next B3/F4 to keep it going.
W L: F4xxHell Spark (MB the first hit), barely walk forward, NJP, 4xxMimicry. 26% 1 bar
W OH: B3, F22xxHell Spark (MB the first hit), forward jump 2, Mimicry. 21% 1 bar

21.) Scorpion [V, L, NJP, OH]
M:
Spear
L: F4xxSpear, jump in punch, 112 Hell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward jump 2, F22xxMimicry. 1 bar
F4xxSpear, crossover jump punch, 312xxMimicry. 22% meterless.
Low with NJP- F4xxHell Spark (MB the third hit), forward dash, NJP, F2xxSpear, jump in punch, 312xxMimicry. 36% 1 bar.
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxSpear, jump in punch, 112xxMimicry.
OH: B3, F22xxSpear, Jump in punch 312xxMimicry. Will add damage soon meterless
B3, F22xxHell Spark (MB the third hit), forward dash, 1xxSpear, jump in punch, 112xxMimicry. 37% 1 bar.

22.) Shinnok [V, L, NJP]
M:
MImicry
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the third hit), forward jump 2, F22xxMimicry.
NJP: NJP, forward jump 2, F22xxMimicry.

23.) Sonya [U, W]
M:
Leg Grab
U: Use at the end of your next BnB so you can have Mimicry ready for the next combo opportunity.
Note: Reverses position on hit.
W: Can whiff Leg Grab after landing a Mimicry to allow F3/B4 into Mimicry

24.) Sub Zero [V, L, OH]
M:
Ice Ball
L: F4xxHell Sparks (MB the 3rd hit), Iceball, NJP, Mimicry. Damage will be added soon.
OH: B3, F22xxHell Sparks (MB 1st hit), Ice Ball, NJP, Mimicry. Damage will be added soon.

25.) Takeda [V, L, NJP]
M: Tornado Strike
L: B3xxHell Sparks (MB the first hit), Tornado Strike(hold back), F2xxMimicry. 27%
NJP: NJP, Tornado Strike (hold forward), F22xxMimicry. 27%

DLC:
1.) Jason Vorhees
[Have not tested Mimicry options yet]

@MsMiharo uploaded a 2 part video showing BnBs/setups vs the entire cast. I'm working on getting these combos written down for those of you who like to read the inputs. Going to need some time for it though. Some of them are already notated but if you see the combo is the same as above in written form then all credit goes to @MsMiharo :)

@MsMiharo added this for chip damage after chip damage options after Mimicry

After a mimicry you're guaranteed jip + 321 + HS. So let's look at some numbers

WITH BUFF:
* JIP = 1,66%
* 321 = 4,33%
* 112 = 3,32%
* F224 = 3,66%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 6,16%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 3,83%

WITHOUT BUFF:
* 321 = 3,25%
* 112 = 2,5%
* F224 = 2,74%
* Hell Sparks (EX second hit): 4,63%
* Hell Sparks (No EX - only two hits hit): 2,88%

This means you get a chip formula that looks something like this (post mimicry):

Chip = (1,66 + 4,33 + 6,16) + (y[String] + y6,16) + ([string] + ender)

For those of you who haven't studied math in a while:
Chip is equal to your starter string post mimicry (jip + 321 + hell sparks MB second hit) plus times you do the followup string and the ex HS plus what string you end with and the ender. This is all assuming you do the same string over and over (which is a flaw, because you won't but I just wanted to give a basic formula for chip).

So will you do the same string over and over? No. If you do 321 EX HS and run up and try to do it again, they can back dash out of it (at least according to my testing). HOWEVER if you mix in f224 you will catch backdashes. 112 is your fastest string meaning they have little to no time to armor out. They CAN backdash it with very good timing but you can also catch them as they come out of the backdash with the last hit of the string giving you a full combo punish.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

1 BAR:
* jip, 321, EX HS = 12,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 20,66% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 19,65% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, f224, HS = 19,99% UNSAFE

2 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS = 20,66% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 19,65% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 19,99% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, HS = 28,82% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, HS = 26,8% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 27,48% UNSAFE

3 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 31,15% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS = 29,13% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 29,81% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run 321, EX HS, run, 321, HS = 39,31% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, HS = 36,28% UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, HS = 37,3% UNSAFE

4 BARS:

* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 41,64% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 38,61% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 39,63% + free pressure
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 321, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS, run, 312, EX HS = 47,77% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS, run 112, EX HS, run, 112, EX HS = 43,99% + UNSAFE
* jip, 321, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS, F224, EX HS = 45,26% + UNSAFE

Important notes:

* If you start with 3 bars you will build 1 bar in the process, allowing for the 4 bar setups.
* If you run between all repetitions and use all 4 bars you will get the "out of stamina sound" BUT you will still be in range for 112/312.
* The last part of the unsafe/max damage 4 bar stuff will be done WITHOUT THE BUFF. So your last string + ender will be buff-less.
* Some numbers MIGHT be off. There's a lot of math and numbers so I might have gotten confused but this is a general guideline.
* While you will NOT be using the same string over and over with this chart you can see the range of the damage you can do:
1 BAR: 12-21%
2 BARS: 20-29%
3 BARS: 29-39%
4 BARS: 39-44%​

**Check out the third page of this thread, 7th comment to see a post from @MsMiharo detailing a lot of important information about character specific combos and statistics!!!

If you have any combos or set ups that are better than what is in the original post, please post them here and tag me so I can update this thread as needed.

Last edited:
I believe there are ways to convert combos back to Mimicry with Reptile, Erron Black (especially after neutral jump punch), Jaqui. Also with chipping stolen moves we could use a bar to do 112xxHell Sparks (MB on block) run xx 112 (or just f22)xx the chipping special. Remember that with damage boost it all does good amount of chip.
Maybe there is a way to jail one of his strings into Ferra/Torr's grab?!IDK) You definitely could do 112xxHell Parks MB on block to get +24 on block and still get the guaranteed command grab there!!
I also believe there are more damaging combos with most of the characters using run cancels and d2 in them.

Bad Genez

Green
If the new Back 3 is an overhead starter, what use is there for the teleport shenanigans to set up a 50/50? Can't you just go straight into the overhead + Hell Spark or something? I'm on the One and have yet to receive the update so I can't really play around with it yet.

If the new Back 3 is an overhead starter, what use is there for the teleport shenanigans to set up a 50/50? Can't you just go straight into the overhead + Hell Spark or something? I'm on the One and have yet to receive the update so I can't really play around with it yet.
Back 3 is slower, punishable, and cannot be cancelled into a special

Shamwow0w0w

B3 is 18 frames and F4 is 7 frames. It's an easy fuzzy guard once people know what to expect. But if you've got multiple mixups going on then the threat is relevant and can help open people up. After Mimicry Shinnoks main options are:

1.) NJP (10 ish frame overhead)
2.) F4 (7 frame low)
3.) B3 (18 frame overhead)
4.) Throw
5.) Delayed F4 to throw off timing from the fuzzy guard
6.) Block pressure with great chip damage thanks to the damage buff from Mimicry and the new MB Hell Spark on block being +24.

Point being: Why not keep all options available instead of limiting ourselves to just two. :)

Last edited:

Shamwow0w0w

I believe there are ways to convert combos back to Mimicry with Reptile, Erron Black (especially after neutral jump punch), Jaqui. Also with chipping stolen moves we could use a bar to do 112xxHell Sparks (MB on block) run xx 112 (or just f22)xx the chipping special. Remember that with damage boost it all does good amount of chip.
Maybe there is a way to jail one of his strings into Ferra/Torr's grab?!IDK) You definitely could do 112xxHell Parks MB on block to get +24 on block and still get the guaranteed command grab there!!
I also believe there are more damaging combos with most of the characters using run cancels and d2 in them.
I couldn't find anything for Erron Black midscreen but it does work in the corner. But you have to literally walk them into the corner while they are in hit stun from Mimicry or else it will whiff. I'll be working on it tomorrow, didn't have much time today. If you find anything please post it :)

I couldn't find anything for Erron Black midscreen but it does work in the corner. But you have to literally walk them into the corner while they are in hit stun from Mimicry or else it will whiff. I'll be working on it tomorrow, didn't have much time today. If you find anything please post it :)
I remember someone posting that it is possible to convert NJP, Erron's sand bomb, run xx f22 and back into mimicry midscreen, but I can imagine that it is rather hard and situational because of the gravity though)

B3 is 18 frames and F4 is 7 frames. It's an easy fuzzy guard once people know what to expect. But if you've got multiple mixups going on then the threat is relevant and can help open people up. After Mimicry Shinnoks main options are:

2.) F4 (7 frame low)
4.) Throw
6.) Block pressure with great chip damage thanks to the damage buff from Mimicry and the new MB Hell Spark on block being +24.

Point being: Why not keep all options available instead of limiting ourselves to just two. :)
I also liked how Mustard was setting the mix up on his stream with Ketchup. After mimicry He was doing a jump in kick pretty low canceling it into the teleport which would make you appear at the just right height for the low enough NJP or low) He didn't have b3 overhead back than. We need to check if the jump kick combos into tele xx NJP in case the opponent doesn't block it!!!!!

gibster13

A fan of fans
I love doing, if the opponent is blocking, f22 hell sparks (ex the second one) jip2 50/50 with the b3/f4 It is a 50/50 !!!! with the jin2 you can even do a teleport after the jin2 hits for a bit more meter and to confuse. Shinnok has gimmicks and i love it :D Off a mimicry instead of going for a 50/50 (b3/f4) sometimes for banta i just do a f22 hell spark set up i said earlier. It does soooo much chip and i love it.

Bad Genez

Green

2.) F4 (7 frame low)
4.) Throw

That's unfortunate, when they were giving him an overhead I was hoping it was viable :/ Also, what other moves had their frames changed? STILL playing pre-patch, so I can tell you with confidence that B3 was 6 frames before, so what else changed? Also, is down 4 still plus 17 or whatever ridiculous number it was?

And yeah, I've been using the NJP overhead 50/50, I just would have preferred there be an easier way to mix people up. I played about 50 matches against Scorpion yesterday and cried the whole time about how his vortex was so much simpler than Shinnok's.

Also holy hell MB Hell Spark is +24? WHERE IS MY UPDATE.

That's unfortunate, when they were giving him an overhead I was hoping it was viable :/ Also, what other moves had their frames changed? STILL playing pre-patch, so I can tell you with confidence that B3 was 6 frames before, so what else changed? Also, is down 4 still plus 17 or whatever ridiculous number it was?

And yeah, I've been using the NJP overhead 50/50, I just would have preferred there be an easier way to mix people up. I played about 50 matches against Scorpion yesterday and cried the whole time about how his vortex was so much simpler than Shinnok's.

Also holy hell MB Hell Spark is +24? WHERE IS MY UPDATE.
Well 18 frames isn't reactable and after the mimicry you have plenty of time to delay f4 (his 7 frame low now) so that fuzzy guarding will fail:/

Bad Genez

Green
Well 18 frames isn't reactable and after the mimicry you have plenty of time to delay f4 (his 7 frame low now) so that fuzzy guarding will fail:/
Yeah, maybe viable was the wrong word. I was more hoping for something special cancellable, I guess. at 18 frames and a single hit his overhead doesn't seem too threatening though, should I be using it as a conditioning tool to get them to block high to set up shin kick?

Yeah, maybe viable was the wrong word. I was more hoping for something special cancellable, I guess. at 18 frames and a single hit his overhead doesn't seem too threatening though, should I be using it as a conditioning tool to get them to block high to set up shin kick?
It still launches for a combo. You get a full combo with b3, f22 into whatever. The fact that it isn't special cancelable only means that you have to basically hold these -11 frames if your opponent blocks the overhead!

Bad Genez

Green
It still launches for a combo. You get a full combo with b3, f22 into whatever. The fact that it isn't special cancelable only means that you have to basically hold these -11 frames if your opponent blocks the overhead!
I don't know why it just occurred to me that B3 launches, I kept reading "combos starting with" but it never really registered. Will keep dumb questions to myself now.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I got 62% in the corner against kotal off the oh

Oh, 312, mb amulet,112,grab,f2,hellspark mb last hit I think that's at it was lol