What's new

I'm Pissed off about Pissed Off!!

mrapchem

Noob
Johnny Cage's awesome grab Pissed Off (DBF1) has a lot of utility. It does great damage as a combo ender and sends the opponent toward the corner. However, it has the inputs of a command grab with none of the utility of one because it can be blocked - and if I'm not mistaken, I believe it's a high and unsafe on block as well. Fellow JC players, what are your thoughts about the following:

Should Pissed Off continue to be a normal special move with a new, easier input, like BF1 or DF1?

Or should Pissed Off become an actual command grab?

I would favor the latter option because it would complement Johnny's tendency to make opponents block low, but I'd take the former as well otherwise. Of course, some of you might possibly feel as though the move should remain exactly as is. Please, give your thoughts on the move. Thanks!

Yeah it's weird. To be honest I think the move was first a command grab but was relegated to a blockable combo ender move because it would have make Johnny way too good. But it's weird that they kept the input usually reserved for command grabs. I think they will change it to bf1 when they will add the move in a new tournament variation.

mrapchem

Noob
Yeah it's weird. To be honest I think the move was first a command grab but was relegated to a blockable combo ender move because it would have make Johnny way too good. But it's weird that they kept the input usually reserved for command grabs. I think they will change it to bf1 when they will add the move in a new tournament variation.
You seem to be correct about that. I'll put it like this: if NRS fixes his hitbox issues and KB requirements so that they are damaging and practical, then they can keep Pissed Off as a special, blockable grab. However, if they decide that his hitbox inconsistencies are fine and don't level his KB game up to where everyone else's is, then Pissed Off should indeed be a command grab. In either case, the move ought to be modified.