What's new

I'm on an 8 winstreak and the last two wins were top 100 leaderboarders!

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
Except my stats will tell you im on a 3 winstreak and never beat the leaderboarders because "game session no longer available" right after I win every damn time. Ranked already feels absolutely carcinogenic because I don't use the holy grail S tiers, but now literally 5 games in a row people have hit me with that desynch "game session no longer available" bullshit. I really hope NRS does something to fix this in the future. Something like penalize people who do this if they do it a certain amount of times. A good penalty would be a stats wipe but I can't make that call. I just really hope they do something. This has pissed me off since IJ2 and now I'd just like for my wins to matter online. I can't afford to go to majors and idk if I'd even do well, I'd like to get a gauge of my skill, but apparently ranked score in these games is just who's willing to scum the most times in a row. I'm gonna go outside or something because I'm getting a tumor from this game's online community. [Xbox]

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I played a pretty good Cetrion against my Shao Kahn last night and lost the first match pretty badly. I adjusted the next two matches and was able to get the win. Oh wait, no I didn't, because the piece of shit unplugged on me right at the end.

The idea of unplugging so you don't lose a match is the biggest pussy maneuver ever. It's not like I'm using Geras or Sonya. It's Shao Kahn and I had to work for that shit.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
How often have you checked it? I ran into a "game session no longer available" and at first the win didn't show up, but then sometime later it did show up. So maybe in these cases there's a delay between when these things get reported and recorded?

Honestly it's not hard to detect who unplugged the cable, this is just lazy from NRS.

Last night I run into two of this idiots, and a Johnny Cage that at least had the decency of rage quitting lol.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This is at least partially false. When your opponent disconnects you get a win in this game. It’s happened to me numerous times. Not sure if it shows up instantly, but it’s something they definitely added in MK11.

When someone unplugs that’s not a desynch.. So something different must be happening in that case.

P.S. Also no one really cares about the Top 100 on Xbox when everybody who actually competes in this game is on PS4. If you’re actually as serious as you say you are about winning online, you should grab a PS4.

undergroundvgt

the salt shaker
so what happens really when they disconnect? like they actually shut off their entire playstation or they unplug their modem? i be curious to know because i can anticipate it coming especially if i have a full bar of health lol and demolishing them.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
so what happens really when they disconnect? like they actually shut off their entire playstation or they unplug their modem? i be curious to know because i can anticipate it coming especially if i have a full bar of health lol and demolishing them.
The game session is no longer available, and then you get a win for that match.

DeftMonk

Noob
This is still a thing? I thought they fixed this awhile ago thanks to that batmanbeatcap or whatever his name is lol. Guy was like disconnect master.

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
How often have you checked it? I ran into a "game session no longer available" and at first the win didn't show up, but then sometime later it did show up. So maybe in these cases there's a delay between when these things get reported and recorded?
still no streak, still no elo, just me and a dry ass dick

KutlessMyth

mental and fundamental
This is at least partially false. When your opponent disconnects you get a win in this game. It’s happened to me numerous times. Not sure if it shows up instantly, but it’s something they definitely added in MK11.

When someone unplugs that’s not a desynch.. So something different must be happening in that case.

P.S. Also no one really cares about the Top 100 on Xbox when everybody who actually competes in this game is on PS4. If you’re actually as serious as you say you are about winning online, you should grab a PS4.
i couldn't even afford to buy mk11 again rn.
also yea the "unplug" is still a thing, just checked after not playing all day since posting this, no wins, no elo.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
This actually isn’t true at all.