What's new

I'm New to Green Arrow & I'm the worst

How was my Green Arrow's Performance?

• Stop Playing Arrow. This hurt to watch.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Wasn't that bad (Lie)

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It wasn't bad for 10 minutes of practice

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • It was slightly below average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go back to Bane. Just go you junkie.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hey you played better than Denver!

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
As of February 3rd 2014. The bet was if Denver Wins you pick up Solomon Grundy and if the Seahawks get their way (Which they did. It was like Sunday Night Sodomy) | I would pick up Richard Sherm~ Green Arrow. So Green Arrow forums. I'll post videos of my day 1 stuff here and I want you to critique me like you own my soul. Be as harsh, crude, and rude as possible.

You don't get this opportunity often to be an outright douche bag without any sort of repercussions =D.

I'm sure this will be different for me since I play Bane/Doomsday/Zatanna/Deathstroke... Arrow looks like a good middle ground.

In the hour after the recording that took place. My game began to take some shape or form. In terms of taking a turn for the better..

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
just Tap d1 Ice arrow and enjoy yourself.failing that pick another character because green arrow is fucking garbage.i believe the power of mr aquamans moustache is greater than the power green arrow has in his creepy blonde goatee.

just Tap d1 Ice arrow and enjoy yourself.failing that pick another character because green arrow is fucking garbage.i believe the power of mr aquamans moustache is greater than the power green arrow has in his creepy blonde goatee.

I had fun though. But is he really THAT bad? He couldn't be worse than Day 1 Bane... Oh god those days x.x

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme

I had fun though. But is he really THAT bad? He couldn't be worse than Day 1 Bane... Oh god those days x.x
lol,I honestly have no idea If he's that bad or not.ive never really played a good green arrow but to me,he looks like toasted shit.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
In match ups where he kan't zone freely (almost all of them) he has troubles and requires a lot of match up experience as well as execution and reads. He relies heavily on konditioning up klose. Unless, of kourse, your opponents let you get away with shit.. In that kase abuse your stuff....

PS: Green Arrow is probably one of the worst characters to use online... He's very reaction based and you kan't get real kombos like F2D13, Dash, 223 without risk of punishment.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Better than ChrisG 2014:joker:.

Stuck between picking up Arrow or Lex myself, then saw GA's MU lists. It will be a struggle

Btw's, add me if you want to practice, W-Lrd_GreyWolf. Always easier dealing with that online input lag bullshit with a friendi

Do u play psn or xbl? If psn add me ando1184 n we can run some online practice. I'm a GA main by the way
Alright. I play on PSN but note its the PS4 Version. And I know a lot of people don't have a PS4, yet.

Stuck between picking up Arrow or Lex myself, then saw GA's MU lists. It will be a struggle

Btw's, add me if you want to practice, W-Lrd_GreyWolf. Always easier dealing with that online input lag bullshit with a friendi
Hopefully this is a PS4 edition you're running. >_>

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer

As a secondary, Lex would be a great choice as he is a hard kounter to a lot of characters meanwhile Arrow rarely ever breaks past the 5-5 mark. And even with those 5-5's some require a ton of experience and knowledge.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
As a secondary, Lex would be a great choice as he is a hard kounter to a lot of characters meanwhile Arrow rarely ever breaks past the 5-5 mark. And even with those 5-5's some require a ton of experience and knowledge.
Would actually be my tertiary, HG's my main and got Deathstroke down as my sub. Some MU's I don't like playing either of them though. GA just seemed fun because of mind games

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Would actually be my tertiary, HG's my main and got Deathstroke down as my sub. Some MU's I don't like playing either of them though. GA just seemed fun because of mind games
That's why I liked him soo much.. lol. Holding that Arrow at letting it go at the right time to make them feel stupid is one of the most rewarding feelings. Especially when you do B4 and shoot them out of the air on read... Haha.

7L

Heads up!
@AK Black Preon arrow's forward dash is godlike, from full screen on a caught ice arrow, you can get in 2 dashes and then get a b3 combo. His d1 ice arrow is flawed so you can use d1 savage blast to make them respect them and you have space + advantage to get your bearings.

All of his strings are safe, this is a huge plus, he can also end them in an arrow, some which jail to use a low arrow to get +3 then you have the option to d1 to check them or if they respect you, more pressure.

His wake up game is pretty good, you can savage blast and get away but some characters can jump over, then you have the options of slide to mb or useless up arrow if you read a jumpp over

Ice arrow mind games vary from d1 to low or instant overhead, f2d1 low ice arrow or if they are good at fuzzy guarding you can do f2d1 over head arrow.

But as you stated, this character takes time and patience. He is a fun character and I love him. Just work more so on playing him as a rush down character and ignore his fire and electric arrows. His rush down is better.

Just give him a chance, abuse his j3 and have a blast =p

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Ugh not at all. He's spacing. His zoning is too low damaged and since you have to load arrows, it's useless.
It's not about the damage. Since when do Zoners do high damage? (Superman aside)

In my opinion his rushdown poses higher risks. Without the ability to check people from range, you won't be able to gain momentum on the characters that kan keep you out.

I think that's part of the reason why you think Arrow loses to Catwoman. If you try to rushdown, you have higher chances of losing.

I'm not saying he's a komplete zoner but the mentality I go with is range and safety first, offense second.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Ugh not at all. He's spacing. His zoning is too low damaged and since you have to load arrows, it's useless.
I wouldn't say his zoning is useless. Use his rushdown to get an early life lead and then zone works against many of the characters. I find it's a lot easier to land an ice arrow when you're opponent has no choice but to come to you. Regular arrows are good for knocking them out of the air and getting a free arrow load. And hitting them with a MB Stinger anytime they get too close.

His rushdown is definitely too risky to use for an entire match. Unless you have no choice obviously. Again, all depends who he's matched up against. I wouldn't try zoning against Sinestro. lol

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
If only someone made a guide with all the BnBs, tech, strings and everything you need to know about Green Arrow...

And to punish MMHs OH tele just Sky Alert, dash forward then b3 or MB B3.

Last edited: