What's new

Red Hood General Discussion

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Red Hood General Discussion Thread

Bio
Jason Todd once served as Batman’s second protégé "Robin" before being brutally murdered by The Joker. Years later, the powerful healing waters of the Lazarus Pit brought Jason Todd back to life. However the power of the pit comes at a cost, and a change takes hold in Jason. He now uses mantle of the Red Hood to wage a lethal war on crime.

It's our time now...

Last edited:

Azarashi Elder

Fut-SEAS....OF BLOOD!
HA!

Well, I have to say 'Hood has an awesome design. I'm digging the fact that they didn't give him the Bat symbol. It allows him to be his own man, and opens the door for that to be added as gear later. Other than that, I'm interested to see his gameplay.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Right. because a character with guns has something to do with 13 year olds
Wolverine came out in 1974 and is currently ranked top 4 amongst comic characters in history. Most of his fans are in their late 20s and mid 30s, a good bunch in their 40s and 50s as well.

Red Hood came to life in 2010 with the Under the Red Hood movie.
Prior to that, his birth was in 1983. The character as written by Jim Starlin. Majority of fans hated Jason Todd. They revamped his origin, his prior one was basically the same as Dick Grayson, the son of circus acrobats, Joseph Todd and Trina Todd. Jason even dyed his hair black (originally blonde) and still didn't win popularity with the fans. 1988's "Batman: A Death in the Family" storyline, DC Comics held a telephone poll to determine whether or not the character would die at the hands of the Joker, Batman's nemesis. He was killed off by majority vote. They did change Jason's origin story to a street kid, but his reign as Robin was short and probably the least successful. Red Hood as a vigilante is a failed one having losing to Batman and Nightwing, unable to take the cowl from NW and in the new 52 his stories lack character development and it's probably the worst versions of Starfire and Arsenal we've seen in comics.

Wolverine just always been more legendary and badass and this is coming from a DC fan who read every book Jason Todd has been in.