What's new

Question - Hollywood Im in Hollywood, but can't see the swimming pools or movie stars :(

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Im having a lot of trouble using this character well, i can play footsies with her decent enough but, what to do once she's in their face, besides just 50/50 ex flipkick.

**i may have confused Hollywood with Beverly Hills btw.....

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
Listen,the problem our girl has to deal with is to get in,against reptile gunslinger grandmaster,with so many plus normals this is the least of our problem,6frame 2 man,once you get in your problems become theirs!

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
whats 33 n 332 used for though?
332 is plus on block. so 332 into d3 will hit almost everyone trying to poke and you will be able to continue pressure/mixup when staying safe. It has a gap before the 2 however, but 33 is safe and you can use it to bait armor. This works exaclty like B124 string, although 33 hits high, not mid. But another good thing about 33 is that it can breaks a lot of (bad) armors in the game. It works wonderfully in some matchups like D'vorah, you knock her down and 332 on wake up

Maybe its repetition, but I can reliably break armor with f44, but when i try to use 33 it almost always fails. it probably has to do with 3 being a high

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Cassie is built for stagger strings. Your opponent never knows when you're gonna stop and they get a turn. 11, or 112 is a guessing game. She get's to throw all day. Step back and whiff punish with B1.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
k, just that i keep getting ducked a lot of the time.
you have to use 332, 11, B124 at the right times, and constantly change them up.. try B12 after using B124as its +1 on block then grabing them.. throw in a mix up game with your Plus strings so they dont know whats coming... every so often throw in a D3 then oh to condition then repeat D3 if hit go for 332 i use Brawler and condition them with F3 and Bf3 on the end of strings so they wont wiff the 332... use hollywoods variation specifice safe on block oh to condition them.. i like brawler better up close with tick trows off F44 DBF2 and 212 DBF2....
but honestly she doesnt shine far away.... B12 is a good string to get in on some matchups... but lets be honest... you will have a very hard time getting in with most decent zoners... its an uphill battle the entire game.... once your in you should have zero issues opening them up... and if you cant.... simply pressure and prssure some more. get that chip... they have to step out of turn at some point... 11, B124, and 332 are all Plus on block.. use them in conjunction.

shura30

Shura
also 212 is 0 on block and it's easy to hitconfirm into flip
armor and 6 frames moves/pokes aside, you'll stuff their counter with d3 everytime

and since they'd be expecting the full string every time, just 2 into grab or mix it up with 24 for that sweet pushback for whiff punishes and 242 exflip to catch their retaliation

sars

Noob
And don't forget everytime they throw something unsafe, punish it with 242, your meaty combo starter.