What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

BlastX21

Noob
All right. So guys, I think we can stop using Nj2, 22 for our reset.

Why?

Because Batman's d1 has less pushback on hit than the 22, and it is exactly the same advantage on hit.

More to come as I learn more.
Why does the pushback matter? I.e, what can we do after a d1 that we can't after 22?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why does the pushback matter? I.e, what can we do after a d1 that we can't after 22?
I am working on some set-ups that d1 is more preferrable for.

However, Sometimes, due to spacing, normals whiff after standing 22. For example, an instant-air Nj2 will whiff after 22 mid-screen, where as if you use d1, it will not. D1, slight delay, instant-air Nj2.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I am working on some set-ups that d1 is more preferrable for.

However, Sometimes, due to spacing, normals whiff after standing 22. For example, an instant-air Nj2 will whiff after 22 mid-screen, where as if you use d1, it will not. D1, slight delay, instant-air Nj2.
Did you find those setups or is 22 still the best option? If 22's still the best option, can someone tell me what reset is that? Would it be: 113 b3 j3 j2 d2 MB Straight Grapple dash forward nj2 22 cb? And what do you usually do after that ending? Do you continue with another 113 or something else?

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Did you find those setups or is 22 still the best option? If 22's still the best option, can someone tell me what reset is that? Would it be: 113 b3 j3 j2 d2 MB Straight Grapple dash forward nj2 22 cb? And what do you usually do after that ending? Do you continue with another 113 or something else?
Well since you are at such redonk frame advantage, I like going for a low b11 or f3. Make it kind of a 50/50...if it hits then finish combo...if not, release bats for continued pressure.

Just an idea.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Honestly, you should probably only end with NJ2, 22 in the corner. Your follow-ups are easily backdashed mid-screen.

As for the d1, if you do it, you are closer than with 22. This allows you to do an instant NJ2 that is an overhead. Combine that with B1 and you almost have a 50/50.

It's all theoretical, though.

After MB Grapple, you can dash twice and push your opponent closer to the corner. Good stuff.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Honestly, you should probably only end with NJ2, 22 in the corner. Your follow-ups are easily backdashed mid-screen.

As for the d1, if you do it, you are closer than with 22. This allows you to do an instant NJ2 that is an overhead. Combine that with B1 and you almost have a 50/50.

It's all theoretical, though.

After MB Grapple, you can dash twice and push your opponent closer to the corner. Good stuff.
Thanks a ton, man! Good stuff!

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
So I've pretty much resorted to using 113, Forward Dash, 123, B23; rather than 113, B3, J3, B23. Four months of playing this game and I still cannot consistently hit the B3 after the 113. :mad:
It's been a long time from this post. Anyway, I tell you my trick: when I see the animation of 113, the light, the "explosion" of the hit, the "white thingy", I press b3. The timing is really strict, but that's what I've been following, and I rarely miss it when trained.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Ok, if I do 112 cancel into rb( release bats ) do I have frame adv ? also b11 rb and 12 rb all these on block and hit

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Ok, if I do 112 cancel into rb( release bats ) do I have frame adv ? also b11 rb and 12 rb all these on block and hit
Since we don't have the cancel advantage, I can only answer to those questions by intuition. If you cancel into release bats, they'll have to block the bats and recover, or recover from getting hit by them, so yes, even if you have only one bat, I'm pretty sure that you're on advantage.