What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Omg is it me or is everyone online is picking scorpion to spam teleport and run away fire (on ps4)..

Also seen alot of bane and doomsday online.. And batgirl.. Um why?! Shit is annoying
You can parry Scorpion's teleport on a very good read. You could also release bats for the MB version and full-punish. Or you could do something like:

B2 xx MB Up grapple, b3, j3, b23.

Doomsday is either even or in Batman's favor. Use trait and b23 to space Doomy out. You can parry his MB Venom, his B1, and a lot of his strings.

I've yet to play very many very good Banes, so I'll add input as soon as I learn more about the match-up.

Be careful when zoning Batgirl. You can actually stuff all of her wake-ups with a d1 or d2, but the timing is very strict.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
You can parry Scorpion's teleport on a very good read. You could also release bats for the MB version and full-punish. Or you could do something like:

Doomsday is either even or in Batman's favor. Use trait and b23 to space Doomy out. You can parry his MB Venom, his B1, and a lot of his strings.

I've yet to play very many very good Banes, so I'll add input as soon as I learn more about the match-up.

Be careful when zoning Batgirl. You can actually stuff all of her wake-ups with a d1 or d2, but the timing is very strict.
I enjoy that match a lot

blues686

Black lantern

Oh thanks for replying . Im well aware of what to do in the batgirl, scorpion and dooms day matches. Its just online lag makes doing things on reaction impossible at times. It pisses me off when offline i can pumish scrubby teleport happy scorpions but get random out online .. Smh the saltiness i get lol. Makes me wonder why people on ps4 pick scorpion Alot... But ever since this lastest patch. Im struggling to punish bane charge on block. I use to be able to just parry it. But no more. Seems like it push bane back too far. And the random armor on his moves wtf?! Bane suddenly high tier now lol

xQUANTUMx

Oh thanks for replying . Im well aware of what to do in the batgirl, scorpion and dooms day matches. Its just online lag makes doing things on reaction impossible at times. It pisses me off when offline i can pumish scrubby teleport happy scorpions but get random out online .. Smh the saltiness i get lol. Makes me wonder why people on ps4 pick scorpion Alot... But ever since this lastest patch. Im struggling to punish bane charge on block. I use to be able to just parry it. But no more. Seems like it push bane back too far. And the random armor on his moves wtf?! Bane suddenly high tier now lol
Not "random". are you looking at when he charges his venom?

blues686

Black lantern
Not "random". are you looking at when he charges his venom?
I get random out from from teleport happy scorpions online not banes lol

That match im ok in just gotta work harder then before since bane got crazy buffs.. Yes i watch the venom guage . I go in when it runs out. My only issue with the match is properly punishing a blocked level 0-2 charge. Best i can think of is jumping over a charge and try to hit a meter burn grappling hook but even then it misses since the recover in time to block ( that may be due to online lag but idk) im trying to find a meterless punish off a block

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Hey just joined the site to check out what's new with The Batman. I'm not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I wanted to know what the consensus was regarding Batman's overall placing in the game. Is he top 5, top 10 etc. and why? I'll share my opinion after I hear some responses.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Not sure if that tier list is supposed to be read from left to right or vice versa. But I definitely agree that he is in the third tier overall.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Here's why Batman wins the Superman matchup... Disclaimer: Not really sure on the matchup but hey I figured I'd share this with you guys. Hope you like it... Please watch the whole series for a laugh/if you like Batman/because I asked nicely. : D

DHERO

Noob
I pretty much have Bat's combos down, except the ones that use involve Release Bats. What are the most damaging combos I can do if I have Release Bats ready? What if my Bats finished charging, and I'm midcombo? How do I finish off my combo?

BlastX21

Noob
I pretty much have Bat's combos down, except the ones that use involve Release Bats. What are the most damaging combos I can do if I have Release Bats ready? What if my Bats finished charging, and I'm midcombo? How do I finish off my combo?
Most 1-bar combos you can increase their damage by 3-4% with release bats - straight grapple, after b23. It takes some practice time to get the timing correct, but its extremely easy once you do it a few times.

You can do the same thing with meterless combos, and instead go for the release bats xx MB grapple for the reset.

If you perform a corner combo that ends in b23 (pretty sure they all do), you can release bats after the b23, then do a jump-in 2 into another b23. Can't tell you the exact % but I know that the damage increase is significant.

All three of these require multiple bats.

The following combo utilizes release bats, but requires them to not be loaded at the time the combo begins: 123, f2 xx call bats, 123, release bats, b3, j3 xx sparkles. 37% meterless. This does not require multiple bats.

You can get a meterless combo in the 40s with b23, release bats, dash, b3, j3, b23. You can do this with either 1 bat or multiple, but the timing is extremely strict when doing it with just 1. How @DarthArma does this so consistently with 1 bat I have no idea, lol.

Most 1-bar combos you can increase their damage by 3-4% with release bats - straight grapple, after b23. It takes some practice time to get the timing correct, but its extremely easy once you do it a few times.

You can do the same thing with meterless combos, and instead go for the release bats xx MB grapple for the reset.

If you perform a corner combo that ends in b23 (pretty sure they all do), you can release bats after the b23, then do a jump-in 2 into another b23. Can't tell you the exact % but I know that the damage increase is significant.

All three of these require multiple bats.

The following combo utilizes release bats, but requires them to not be loaded at the time the combo begins: 123, f2 xx call bats, 123, release bats, b3, j3 xx sparkles. 37% meterless. This does not require multiple bats.

You can get a meterless combo in the 40s with b23, release bats, dash, b3, j3, b23. You can do this with either 1 bat or multiple, but the timing is extremely strict when doing it with just 1. How @DarthArma does this so consistently with 1 bat I have no idea, lol.
It's easier on the right side with one bat only, my timing is dash forward, and as soon as I see the dash animation i let go of the bat. The tricky part is getting it down on the left side.

xQUANTUMx

Take advantage of background bounces as well, batman can abuse the heck out of them mid combo and extend damage. If there's a fountain or a throne or what have you, I'm doing minimum 44% damage if not more

Was watching Winter Brawl this weekend (which was awesome), and I just love watching @DarthArma's Batman. It's just so fast, powerful, and intimidating. Congrats on placing.

Anyway, it seems to me that MB Grapple into a mixup is a very strong tool to be using, and I'm trying to implement it. My question is what the timing is after I do the MB Grapple and what kind of mixups I can go for (seems like setting up bats is a good idea...?)

Thanks!

Was watching Winter Brawl this weekend (which was awesome), and I just love watching @DarthArma's Batman. It's just so fast, powerful, and intimidating. Congrats on placing.

Anyway, it seems to me that MB Grapple into a mixup is a very strong tool to be using, and I'm trying to implement it. My question is what the timing is after I do the MB Grapple and what kind of mixups I can go for (seems like setting up bats is a good idea...?)

Thanks!
The trick is to call out a bat after you MB grapple. this will reset the combo but leave the opponent stunned with no choice but to block left or right. From here you can back up to a spot that makes the jump 2 really ambiguous.

Thanks for the props!

Rude

Is it known that landing B23 in the corner from a cross-up carries different gravity properties than if done in the neutral game?

For example:

Say you have your opponent cornered. You go to cross them up with J2 and than connect a b23. Well, the B23 has some extra gravity to it that allows you to dash in and do 123, b23 for for 38%

You can also do:

Cross-up J2, B23 xx Bounce Cancel b3, j3, b23 for 50%.

If you have three Bats, you can do the same combo, release bats, do MB Grapple and a simple J2, d3 will do 56%.

There is more to discover with this, I'm sure.

BlastX21

Noob
Is it known that landing B23 in the corner from a cross-up carries different gravity properties than if done in the neutral game?

For example:

Say you have your opponent cornered. You go to cross them up with J2 and than connect a b23. Well, the B23 has some extra gravity to it that allows you to dash in and do 123, b23 for for 38%

You can also do:

Cross-up J2, B23 xx Bounce Cancel b3, j3, b23 for 50%.

If you have three Bats, you can do the same combo, release bats, do MB Grapple and a simple J2, d3 will do 56%.

There is more to discover with this, I'm sure.
Yeah, I've seen King do this before. It takes advantage of you being unable to roll back after the b23 because you're in the corner.

I haven't seen anyone do that b3 bounce cancel though. That could be useful in some circumstances.

Rude

So guys, Sinestro's trait is serious business.

Pushblocking into an unblockable vortex situation is a nightmare waiting to happen.

Still, I think now is the time for us Batmen to discuss what we can do to get around this, and how the meta has changed for fighting Sinestro.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
The Sinestro pushblock tech is definitely going to change the Batman matchup (and others I'm sure) in his favor. Pushblock into free vortex setup or push to full screen, AND get rid of Batman's trait? Pretty powerful stuff indeed.

Hey guys here is a video of my first injustice match with batman. I am horribly nooby at the game so my bad for all the noob stuff lol. check it out
I know the quality isn't great, I am still working things out with my pvr. it will be better next time!
subscribe please!

Rude

All right. So guys, I think we can stop using Nj2, 22 for our reset.

Why?

Because Batman's d1 has less pushback on hit than the 22, and it is exactly the same advantage on hit.

More to come as I learn more.