What's new

Question im having trouble connecting f23 after a combo online

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
online this can be a pain in the ass. if ur doing a combo using 3,2,3~f2,3 i normally start the f2 as soon as deathstrokes feet land on the ground after the last 3 of the 3,2,3 string. opponent is around waist high normally i believe. After you do it enough u will get a feel for the timing.

have you tried it in a top 8 of a 30 - 100 man tourney major with large cash prizes on the line
I bet you can't land it then either. Iv never had a slight problem online that wasn't my own execution ever. not even once and my internet comes from a potato

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
and my internet comes from a potato
Something we have in common! :p

But really, if there's any sort of strictness to a string landing or not in a combo of course its going to be harder online. There's a delay, how bad depends on the integrity of your connection at the time.

Something we have in common! :p

But really, if there's any sort of strictness to a string landing or not in a combo of course its going to be harder online. There's a delay, how bad depends on the integrity of your connection at the time.
I think its more or less the stress of the live match than the connection that is the problem

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I think its more or less the stress of the live match than the connection that is the problem

Touche'. Every character is godly in practice, but actually landing your bnb that you practice on an opponent that fights back is hard. And you don't always get the full combo either, sometimes its just like half of it.

Gixxerkid66

ChadtheDad412
have you tried it in a top 8 of a 30 - 100 man tourney major with large cash prizes on the line
I bet you can't land it then either. Iv never had a slight problem online that wasn't my own execution ever. not even once and my internet comes from a potato
did u want a cookie? congrats on the fact that you have been in a top 8 of a 30 - 100 man tourney major with a large cash prize. Is that what u were looking for? I dont get it.

Touche'. Every character is godly in practice, but actually landing your bnb that you practice on an opponent that fights back is hard. And you don't always get the full combo either, sometimes its just like half of it.
yeah totally, I drop combos all the time online because I time things all wrong. especially something tricky like ending with DS F23 which requires some particular timing

Hi im new, only 2nd fighting game Ive been serious with. Been lurking quite some time. My only way of playing other players is online. Like you, I can execute the f23 in practice mode fine but online i maybe connect 20% of the time. Thats not good enough for me so I just learned something that works 100% of the time and does just about the same amount of damage. You usually execute the f23 after a 323. So instead of the 323 f23 df3, I do 32 df2. Assult rifle hits everytime. My bread and butter combo would be f3 ji2 32 df2 (mb). Does 30% or 32% and its easy as hell to execute online.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hi im new, only 2nd fighting game Ive been serious with. Been lurking quite some time. My only way of playing other players is online. Like you, I can execute the f23 in practice mode fine but online i maybe connect 20% of the time. Thats not good enough for me so I just learned something that works 100% of the time and does just about the same amount of damage. You usually execute the f23 after a 323. So instead of the 323 f23 df3, I do 32 df2. Assult rifle hits everytime. My bread and butter combo would be f3 ji2 32 df2 (mb). Does 30% or 32% and its easy as hell to execute online.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Awesome! i cant wait to try it out

Aaaaah... I remember creating a thread for the timing of this link aswell... I can now pull it of consistently online. Remember that using a visual cue will not work because of slight input delay. It will become natural eventually.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Dude, after going to my first local yesterday, I was dropping combos left and right because I was hitting them too early from the compensation for lag online. I really want to avoid online now, but it's the only thing I have till the next locals. :( STUPID ONLINE LAG, GET BETTER NETCODE NRS!

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Dude, after going to my first local yesterday, I was dropping combos left and right because I was hitting them too early from the compensation for lag online. I really want to avoid online now, but it's the only thing I have till the next locals. :( STUPID ONLINE LAG, GET BETTER NETCODE NRS!
Never play a game with bad online before a live competetive scene. I learned this the hard way.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Never play a game with bad online before a live competetive scene. I learned this the hard way.
Yeah, I think I'm going to keep playing online, since it's all I have, but the day before a tourny, Imma just stick to practice mode to relearn the timing of everything and maybe just play the CPU on very hard to keep my reaction timing up.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Play online enough and you'll learn to ratchet your timing up and down depending on how laggy it is.

I speak from experience. >_>