What's new

Match-up Discussion I'm begging you, help me fight Raiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I don't know why, but even the worst of Raidens get me foaming at the mouth. I'm really angry, if you couldn't tell by me making a freaking post about it, but SOMEONE help me with this character. Raiden is just downright retarded online and I cringe every time I see them pick him. Just to give you an idea, my newest account is 55/6 and FOUR of the losses are to two Raidens that would make any player cry at their dumbass-ery.

:uzi:
:flamethrower: :raiden:
:sniper:

Emoticon murder up in here while I choke the life out whoever designed the netcode....

EDIT: Preferably, tell me how to even the odds with Sub Zero. I'm too angry to even remember to include my character.

loogie

Noob
I don't know why, but even the worst of Raidens get me foaming at the mouth. I'm really angry, if you couldn't tell by me making a freaking post about it, but SOMEONE help me with this character. Raiden is just downright retarded online and I cringe every time I see them pick him. Just to give you an idea, my newest account is 55/6 and FOUR of the losses are to two Raidens that would make any player cry at their dumbass-ery.

:uzi:
:flamethrower: :raiden:
:sniper:

Emoticon murder up in here while I choke the life out whoever designed the netcode....

EDIT: Preferably, tell me how to even the odds with Sub Zero. I'm too angry to even remember to include my character.
you can punish a blocked superman with 22 ib or 212 ib to any of his bnbs. I don't have a problem doing it online, but you are right a laggy online fight with Raiden is gonna be a bitch!

controversial tip; let him superman you to the corner ... if he tries to teleport jump back and you land a jump in punch into combo of choice.
d1 also helps after a teleport to put him off. if timed right you can land a 22 or a 212 when he teleports, then again online lets you down in such situations.

i used to have trouble with Raidens back in the old days but pretty straightforward to handle now. more general tips are:
keep clone in the back of you to cover teleporting, if he supermans then he gets captured even if the superman hits you.
use lots of d1s and d3,4s when upclose. for some characters like Mileena even if he supermans he flies over her d4, if only Sub had a low hitbox... :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Problem is u use sub zero

Learn Sonya, mil or CSZ and this shit is easy and I can really help u

I dont even think smoke has a problem with raiden at all. Playing online, yeah that teleport is 0 frame. But offline, smoke should be able to take on raiden at close range. Cross over jump over on raiden, honestly he doesnt have a lot of answer for that except for NJP.

This is online play, dont worry about record too much first of all. Second, Ive seen so many raiden online have the habit of teleport, cross jump over. NJP THAT BITCH, make them respect that NJP. Then if he teleport just cross jump over or even down 3 poke to mess up his pressure. Most people online dont know how to pressure with raiden very well

Another habit is the fact that they usually do not zone lol. They teleport after 2nd, 3rd fire ball. Bait that out, if you see it coming you can pressure him.

PS. you should check brady's sub tier list on youtube if you are playing sub, it might be informative.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I dont even think smoke has a problem with raiden at all. Playing online, yeah that teleport is 0 frame. But offline, smoke should be able to take on raiden at close range. Cross over jump over on raiden, honestly he doesnt have a lot of answer for that except for NJP.

PS. you should check brady's sub tier list on youtube if you are playing sub, it might be informative.
I have no problem with Raidogg offline. Unfortunately, I have a tiny local scene and rely on online for my MK fix.
OK, I will, thanks.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I have no problem with Raidogg offline. Unfortunately, I have a tiny local scene and rely on online for my MK fix.
OK, I will, thanks.
Raiden has unseen advantages online due to lag. He can teleport and have a string coming out before you can react to it like you would offline. He can superman you full screen if you arent holding block. He can just teleport to make you whiff strings and theres nothing you can do.

Plays alot more solid offline though, when you can punish and position yourself to be ready for things like teleports and supermans. Just dont give a shit about online ratings and you will start to enjoy it more, because it is bad and VERY frustrating

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Raiden and Mileena are two characters I hate facing in ranked (which is were I assume you are playing most of your games), because you have to kind of feel out how they are going to be played.

Sub Zero cuts raiden off fairly easily. Clone keeps him honest with teleporting and then doing any string beyond f2,4. Raiden really can't play the style he wants against Sub Zero, because Sub MAKES him come in, with his slow ass normals. Jumping = death in this matchup, Raiden will either superman you out of the air, or simply time a teleport and whiff punish your JiK or JiP.

Don't get frustrated with the teleport... or if he catches you in a string. It is GOING to happen. Just accept the meter and keep with frustrating Raiden into throwing a lightening bolt or a naked teleport that you can punish.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Raiden and Mileena are two characters I hate facing in ranked (which is were I assume you are playing most of your games), because you have to kind of feel out how they are going to be played.

Sub Zero cuts raiden off fairly easily. Clone keeps him honest with teleporting and then doing any string beyond f2,4. Raiden really can't play the style he wants against Sub Zero, because Sub MAKES him come in, with his slow ass normals. Jumping = death in this matchup, Raiden will either superman you out of the air, or simply time a teleport and whiff punish your JiK or JiP.

Don't get frustrated with the teleport... or if he catches you in a string. It is GOING to happen. Just accept the meter and keep with frustrating Raiden into throwing a lightening bolt or a naked teleport that you can punish.
This.
Just remember...the good thing about this fight is that, even Online where Raiden honestly gets away with more BS than just about anyone...fundamentally, Raiden and Sub are both very simple yet unrefined killing machines. Which means there's only so much either can do to attack or defend from the other. And in this particular case, Sub's defense is better than Raiden's offense, as one blocked or Cloned out Superman or string results in a full punish and starting from square one...and Raiden's defense is basically put in a box and sheltered in by Sub's offense and punishment options. But you've pretty much gotta think like Bugs Bunny running from Elmer Fudd and lay all the traps and baits you can think of. Gotta learn to read that goofy-hatted thunder god like a magazine, which given his sluggish speed isnt too frustrating...this is another fight I ended up liking way better with Sub than Cyrax just because its a lot more comfortable dictating pace than playing a rousing round of Chase The Sparky Asshole.
GET THAT FOOL ENENRA! You got this.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Thanks Crash and Boxy, I haven't run into one yet that could get me raging, but for the first time I am anxiously looking.

McNasty

Moist.
1. Pick reptile.
2. Put out a slow forceball
3. Buffer a dash going backwards
4. Profit?

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Tapatalk

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
Sektor is a online raiden spam rapist. Jump back constantly and insta tele any time raiden does a projectile or tele. You will combo him big time.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
22 iceball as soon as you see them teleport. Your reaction has got to be godlike, but if you practice this, it pays off.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Flesh has it right about the teleport. Another thing I like to do to scrubby online raidens is after I've teched all his throws and conditioned them to not wake u p in the corner, I will actually clone trap to bait the teleport. Then let him run his block string, pushing me backwards and him self right into the clone. Or if he tries to cross up after the port he'll get caught. You gotta out mind fuck raiden.

Sent from Somewhere to Somewhere Else

Status
Not open for further replies.