What's new

Strategy I'm an idiot for not having KL as a secondary, maybe we all are.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
I love cage, he's awesome. Love the awesome footsies, walk speed, dash speed etc. But he does get bodied in a few match ups, namely Kabal and Kenshi. Then loses to freddy and maybe sub zero. If you look at his losing Match ups.. there is NO and I mean NO reason not to have KL as a secondary. I have known this for a long time but have been to lazy to really try and get good with KL. Plus you really only have to practice for 3 to 4 Mu's with him.

I've decided i'm going to start practicing MK again and drop injustice for the scrubby game that it is. I'm going back to the franchise I love and the one that brought us all together. I don't care if i'm playing in 20 man tournaments at least I will have fun and my victories will mean something. So time to take KL serious as a second character. I feel like we all should...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I love cage, he's awesome. Love the awesome footsies, walk speed, dash speed etc. But he does get bodied in a few match ups, namely Kabal and Kenshi. Then loses to freddy and maybe sub zero. If you look at his losing Match ups.. there is NO and I mean NO reason not to have KL as a secondary. I have known this for a long time but have been to lazy to really try and get good with KL. Plus you really only have to practice for 3 to 4 Mu's with him.

I've decided i'm going to start practicing MK again and drop injustice for the scrubby game that it is. I'm going back to the franchise I love and the one that brought us all together. I don't care if i'm playing in 20 man tournaments at least I will have fun and my victories will mean something. So time to take KL serious as a second character. I feel like we all should...
SMH alright man, buy your KF was really good, i bet $1000 your better at injustice than MK9 comparatively speaking to other players. but it seems a lot more people are trying to do just this, and i don't see what you guys see TBH but i guess different strokes to different folks.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
SMH alright man, buy your KF was really good, i bet $1000 your better at injustice than MK9 comparatively speaking to other players. but it seems a lot more people are trying to do just this, and i don't see what you guys see TBH but i guess different strokes to different folks.
Dude I win at injustice from doing 50/50's and slides. Takes no skill. I'm actually pretty good at MK and I enjoy it more.

Zyphox

Dude I win at injustice from doing 50/50's and slides. Takes no skill. I'm actually pretty good at MK and I enjoy it more.
but how worth it is it going to be to be good at a soon to be dead game? also mix ups takes skill, if it didn't then you would have won ECT5 LBSH, not a KF in top 8, and every other fighter has these mix ups as well, mk rarely does a character have a strong 50/50 game, baraka had one but he was ass tier.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
but how worth it is it going to be to be good at a soon to be dead game? also mix ups takes skill, if it didn't then you would have won ECT5 LBSH, not a KF in top 8, and every other fighter has these mix ups as well, mk rarely does a character have a strong 50/50 game, baraka had one but he was ass tier.
I never said I was the best injustice player lol but I have beaten a lot of good players in injustice and felt like it wasn't because of skill but just them guessing wrong. KF does have 1 really bad MU imo and that's who I and Khaotic lost to.

Zyphox

I never said I was the best injustice player lol but I have beaten a lot of good players in injustice and felt like it wasn't because of skill but just them guessing wrong. KF does have 1 really bad MU imo and that's who I and Khaotic lost to.
who? also i think as the game progresses the "skill" will come out, you will never land a slide unless its a 50/50 situation and all the things that made MK funny like mk like footsies would shine more and reward better. the flash for example one wiff punish 63% gone, and its a BnB. you gotta make the right reads thoough. but anyway you bopped me in MK9 at ect 5 so good luck to you :)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
who? also i think as the game progresses the "skill" will come out, you will never land a slide unless its a 50/50 situation and all the things that made MK funny like mk like footsies would shine more and reward better. the flash for example one wiff punish 63% gone, and its a BnB. you gotta make the right reads thoough. but anyway you bopped me in MK9 at ect 5 so good luck to you :)
Well in casuals I don't think I have done worse than even against anyone. Including Rico, CD sr, Arturo, Maxter, and more. I've beaten many good players in tournament so far and honestly it doesn't give me the same feeling of victory as MK9.

Zyphox

Well in casuals I don't think I have done worse than even against anyone. Including Rico, CD sr, Arturo, Maxter, and more. I've beaten many good players in tournament so far and honestly it doesn't give me the same feeling of victory as MK9.
thats because you are using a top 3 character vs cage or raiden, if you played kabal or KL at the beginning of mk9's life time you would have felt the same, but since you had to struggle with cage and raiden, and not just slide and vortex your way to victory you feel spoiled :)

thats because you are using a top 3 character vs cage or raiden, if you played kabal or KL at the beginning of mk9's life time you would have felt the same, but since you had to struggle with cage and raiden, and not just slide and vortex your way to victory you feel spoiled :)

Cage is scrubby as fuck though. <.<

I haven't really had the chance to really play Injustice that much, but if you like MK9 more then there's no reason to not play it more. Right now I still prefer MK9 over Injustice but respect whichever game people play. I think the overall community can still play both games successfully together.

As for the MK discussion, I agree that KL is definitely one of the best alts for Cage, if not the best. I play Kabal for an alt. There is a slight execution barrier for getting his NDCs and IAGBs down, but once you do, he's honestly one of the easiest characters to play in the game. KL is easier to pick up but is still a great character for Cage's bad MUs, which is why he's one of the better alts.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I honestly think a secondary KL will get bodied, especially at this point in the game when people know that MU.