What's new

Question - Jax I'm absoutlely new to mk and jax is the guy i choose to main help me please

like in the first general discussion thread

i see this

F21 xxx EX BFD2 run cancel F21, 11, F21 xxx Gotcha.

im trying to hit xxx? and othing happens? or do you mean f21 enahnced dash into run then another f21 then 11? im getting x confused from my xbox one controllers i think

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft

i see this

im trying to hit xxx? and othing happens? or do you mean f21 enahnced dash into run then another f21 then 11? im getting x confused from my xbox one controllers i think
xxx means canceling. Only the numbers are actual button presses.

whags best way to pracice cancling because i can see my self raging at this game for very long time please be paitent with me like i said i played mk 9 but not for long beat story an arcade with everyone in first month and i was gone so i never got good plus now im on a stick i htink run canceling will be he hardest for me to learn and seems jax relys on this

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity

i see this

xxx means cancel, it doesnt literall mean the button, that combo on xbox is forward yx cancel into EX back forward down y run cancel forward y x, xx, forward y x cancel into gotcha grab, 1=x 2-y 3=a 4=b, if you are going to be around here i suggest you learn it (not trying to be mean btw) since the number system is how we convey combos since that is universal to stick players pad players, xbox players, playstation players, and PC players

i was getting confused by the xxx stuff.

i need to start off small

i keep trying this forward 2 1 energy wave down 4 superman punch but it aint working? i really wish there was a break down tutorial of jax already like in ki we had vidos showing you which was the best pokes what the button combos were on screen stuff like that woudl really help me anyway

i been practing and i dont feel ive gotten any better i can randomly get some kinda decent combo done with 27 to 32 percent damage done but i have no cue what im doing the downward dash punch is tricky on stick for me atleast.

i seorusly cannot get any of these down and its been 2 days this is starting to make me feel like corrupted shinok like i just want to be able to do one bnb combo with jax but i freaking can't understand him

D

Deleted member 9158

i see this

1 = X
2= Y
3= A
4= B.

xxx just means that you're cancelling into the next input there. Not hitting the X button over and over again. Hope that helps

i have not been able to get anything after a forward 212 string you guys say to do 2+4 but i cant seem to get it saved i was able to crouch and hit once and bring the ai up into the air into ex gotcha and did a 42 it looked nothing like what yall be posting but it was 42 percent damage.

so i might be getting better but i dont think i;ll ever get the run cancel mid screen combo down i just can't seem to grasp this game on my fightstick even worse on the xbox controller i never would thought mk woudl be this complicated

im sorry for all the horrible postings but im a newb who seriously is not going to give up on the character or game i need a mentor

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
i have not been able to get anything after a forward 212 string you guys say to do 2+4 but i cant seem to get it saved i was able to crouch and hit once and bring the ai up into the air into ex gotcha and did a 42 it looked nothing like what yall be posting but it was 42 percent damage.

so i might be getting better but i dont think i;ll ever get the run cancel mid screen combo down i just can't seem to grasp this game on my fightstick even worse on the xbox controller i never would thought mk woudl be this complicated

im sorry for all the horrible postings but im a newb who seriously is not going to give up on the character or game i need a mentor
The input is f212,d+2+4

You might want to check these out in practice mode in the moves list for yourself!

Osbert

Noob
anyone has a tip for fighting people who uses projectile too much and playing keepaway, or i guess scorpion people. i cant seem to get near them, always teleporting. any suggestion in how to punishing them?

The input is f212,d+2+4

You might want to check these out in practice mode in the moves list for yourself!
when i try it mid screen they just fall really easy but if i do it in the corner no moatter what i do i can't seem to get the uppercut adn not even sure what 4 looks like

i really could use a video like this

im so new to fighters and im learning them with a fightstick so its even harder for me. i just can't seem to get mk down. i was bad at killer instinct buy im 100 times worse on this after watching vaspers arcade 40 min tutorial and breaking down some scorpion i did my first 20 hit combo and after watching this sub zerio i can use him better then i can jax who i played 20 hours straight no sleep reading these threads watching the vidos not being able to do anything i see

i watched that video hasn't helped muchi think jax is for above average skilled players
I feel as you complain more then actually ask and inquire about the game. Jax isn't overly difficult -- he has a mid-screen run stop combo and you act like it's armageddon. Try a new character.

There's no uppercut -- you're hitting down, 2, and 4 all at the same time right after f212

"+" means to hit together.
i'd ave to see it because i thought down 2 was a upper cut think this character is for the already skilled more advance guys not the noobs like me who have no idea what there doing right or wrong. im on xbox one and i could use alot of help with jax and this game in general i watched like hour of videos on combo tips and im still no where near better

for someone who been playing fighting games for 4 months and on a fight stick none the less it is very difficult i guess you forgot what its like

i dont like using a controller for fighting games make my hands hurt pointy middle fingers and wrist. on stick its much more fun and for some reason i seem to be able to learn faster if i can pin point what im doing wrong on a controller i just mash out and it feels like im having to do the same input 2-3 times on stick i can do some things with out question. i grew up in the 90s playing mk 1 sf and ki and nba jam on stick but in high school 2000 i didnt play fighters no more i didnt have time to. i have played sf iv from launch and did play mk 9 at launch but after i say 3 -4 months i quit playing and never studied or practiced like i am now.

im determiend to suffer through i know one day it will all pay off. fight to learn not to win.