What's new

I'm 99% sure we haven't seen Revenant Kabal yet

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?

(Credit to @StormGoddess for the pic.)

People have been talking about the "Well-Done" version of Kabal as his Revenant skin, and I disagree.

If "Well-Done" Kabal is the Revenant version of Kabal... then this will be BY FAR the least drastic alive-to-Revenant transformation among all playable MKX/11 characters so far. Jax, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana, all look completely different going from Revenant to alive.

I'll use Jax as an example, his hair, beard, upper body clothing, arm design and the way it's grafted onto his chest, belt and pants are all different. In one he has dogtags and in the other he doesn't.

Now look at the two burnt Kabals again.

The only actual model differences between them are the chest armor from the belt up to the neck, the mask, and the hookswords. That's probably three items, depending on if you count the respirator handles as part of the chest armor, of which presumably hookswords and mask are customizable. So only one non-customizable different item. Everything else is identical. The "-- \ / --" belt design, the tall boot design with one diagonal marking, the (>|<) knee armor, the loincloth shape and design, the hairstyle, the handwraps with metal on the back. Totally identical.

Hell, Kabal's look changed far more going from Armageddon to MK9, or from MKX to MK11, than it does between those two outfits. He's not gonna be the first and only character whose Revenant form looks inexplicably almost identical to his regular form.

So if you're still waiting on a super spicy evil Kabal skin, I'm pretty damn sure it's coming.

pure.Wasted

yeah well done is his.. arms are all revenanty. .but if you use his mkx revenant image like jax, then yeah he is way different now.
The arms are just recolored, I think. I don’t see any model/significant texture difference between them.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
That's the Revenant Kabal dude. Why would he randomly have the dark grey ish skin tone and glowing red veins (they're not very visible but they are there, you can see them a little bit better on his official render)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
It's Deception Kabal.

I'm telling y'all.

And Raw Kabal is probably Young pre-Stryker Kabal who's gonna have to fight his dead self the same as Liu and Lao.

That's no revenant.

The arms are just recolored, I think. I don’t see any model/significant texture difference between them.
They look like part of the armor. Sleeves. He's not dead, he's gone Bane and covered up all over.

pure.Wasted

Okay, if you want to believe that. I'm going with Occam's razor on this one.
I'm not sure that Occam's Razor applies when we have an established pattern of every single other playable Revenant being heavily redesigned from their living selves. Hell, even Smoke and Sindel got redesigns for X. Which makes the pattern even broader: every Revenant who had a speaking line in MKX got a new look. Every Revenant who had no lines (Kabal, Stryker, Nightwolf), didn't.

So like I said, not sure Occam would side with you on NRS suddenly changing design philosophies 9 characters into a very clear pattern.

We'll know the truth soon enough, though.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
...idk. It does look like I could be totally wrong, but going back to the OP, that looks drastically different than Revenant skin.
Maybe it's all three and you can use all the Kabals. I'd be okay with that.
It’s not like Netherrealm drastically changes major design themes from game to game or anything
:DOGE

Dark great skin, red and black costume pieces, and glowing veins.

This is revenant Kabal.

The third Kabal skin they showed us had him burned but with his regular skin tone.

There’s a revenant Kabal skin, a pre-burn skin, and a post-burn pre-death skin.

D

Deleted member 59910

It’s not like Netherrealm drastically changes major design themes from game to game or anything
:DOGE

Dark great skin, red and black costume pieces, and glowing veins.

This is revenant Kabal.

The third Kabal skin they showed us had him burned but with his regular skin tone.

There’s a revenant Kabal skin, a pre-burn skin, and a post-burn pre-death skin.
Imo there is a pre-burn skin, a post-burn skin and a still burning/carbonized skin. Just my opinion. We’ll know anyway.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
still burning/carbonized skin
What does that even mean? Why would that even make sense?

Every playable non-DLC character is going to have some part in the story, and we know that they’re going to appear in different timelines.

We also know Kabal became a revenant after dying along with the rest of Sindel’s slaughtered victims.

Why the hell would the dark grey skinned, dark costumed, glowing veined skin be anything but a Revenant?

There are opinions and there’s also common sense.

Last edited:

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
The youtube description implies it is.

Resurrected as a twisted, evil version of himself, Kabal now serves the Netherrealm and pledges to destroy all other realms.
...fuck.

Welp, I officially rescind my passionate belief that we're getting OG Kabal, and eagerly await the insane wrath of Nether Kabal.

mwharp

Noob
On the Mk Twitter it says he’s a black dragon enforcer, but on the mk toutube it says he’s a servant of the Netherrealm. So is the Black Dragon siding with the Netherrrealm? That’s probably something that Kano would do

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
...fuck.

Welp, I officially rescind my passionate belief that we're getting OG Kabal, and eagerly await the insane wrath of Nether Kabal.
Wait why are you even worried about that?

This game involves the different MK timelines so you’re getting both versions of him.

On the Mk Twitter it says he’s a black dragon enforcer, but on the mk toutube it says he’s a servant of the Netherrealm. So is the Black Dragon siding with the Netherrrealm? That’s probably something that Kano would do
both. we probably have multiple kabals because of the time travel. the unburnt one is probably kabal in his black dragon days.

subzert

Frozen Soul
Notice the blades on his gloves and knee pads, his eschar like skin(similar to Liu Kang's revenant skin in the gameplay reveal trailer) with lava like glowing cracks or veins. It is the revenant skin alright with his YouTube trailer description being "Resurrected as a twisted, evil version of himself, Kabal now serves the Netherrealm and pledges to destroy all other realms."

Which is for his default shown version

D

Deleted member 59910

What does that even mean? Why would that even make sense?

Every playable non-DLC character is going to have some part in the story, and we know that they’re going to appear in different timelines.

We also know Kabal became a revenant after dying along with the rest of Sindel’s slaughtered victims.

Why the hell would the dark grey skinned, dark costumed, glowing veined skin be anything but a Revenant?

There are opinions and there’s also common sense.
You’re probably right. Just shared my initial thought, judging that nothing has to make a total sense (For exemple: the revenant Kabal (before turning revenant) died in MK9, right? He was white and totally different from the “Raw” version while unburnt). Anyways, the video description walks in your path, sir. The story mode will be sick!

Spinky

Neutral Skipper
IDC about this Revenant stuff, but just wanna point out they technically only showed two Kabal skins. The yellowish burnt one has a bunch of the exact same features as his default. Seems you can customise the hookblades, mask and chest area.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
...idk. It does look like I could be totally wrong, but going back to the OP, that looks drastically different than Revenant skin.
Maybe it's all three and you can use all the Kabals. I'd be okay with that.
game changed, but that's his revenant design