What's new

ign rewind theater kratos gameplay trailer

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I noticed the head blinding people, that's a cool stun move. Probably one of the coolest moves Kratos has

maybe its because I dont like god of war, or maybe its because I don't care about characters that aren't going to be played in tourneys, but i just don't see why they are showing so much about kratos being in the new MK.

If its seriously going to sell more copies to casuals, then great, but I'd rather they show more about the testing and combat system than gimmicks, we all know MK has gimmicks, what we DON'T all know is if this game is going to be as good as we all want it to be.

Still, like I said, if this is what will make them money then I get that they need to do it, but it's disappointing to see the hype machine working on a feature that will be largely irrelevant to the competitive game.

oh and hi TYM, sorry my first post is a complaint, I won't make it a habit (complaining that is)

MKF30

Every game has some kind of gimmick it's the norm these days, but this is the same thing all crossovers do or fighters that have guest characters so that you can say "owe that console has this character, I'll buy that one then"

At least Xbox is getting something too though.

yeah, i own both systems so i don't care about which has what etc (though sometimes one system has more lag/frame drops or screen tearing or something), I more am against them including things like non-tourney characters in a game they hope to be tournament quality.

its really not a big deal, I'm just mildly disappointed, and only because my hopes have gotten quite high for the game.

I don't want to come across as consumed with nitpicks or anything, quite the contrary, i just wish we were getting more info about more important things than console exclusive inanities.

MKF30

Yeah it's all about preference really, if you're into the online you're probably better off on Xbox. If you want free play, less options and just don't care then PS is probably your better choice.

Yeah, I doubt the Kratos being banned thing will harm anything. Especially if he winds up sucking or just being average, but yeah. I'm at this point just more concerned about how well MK9 does, what the other modes are including online options, improved net code and what the deal is with tournaments down the line. I like how they confirmed tweaks, patches and DLC though this time. I think MK9 will be great :)