What's new

IGN Character Reveal late tonight!!!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah glad Johnny fans got thier character but I'm kinda depressed, wish it was something bigger. How about that announcement. Hope it's tonight but it looks like it's going to be tomorrow at end of Kombat Kast

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@KidVanDal
@xWildx
I'm not planning to play Baraka but I don't want anyone's character to get nerfed. It's fairly out of context currently to complain about a move when we haven't played the game yet and we don't know much about it just yet.
In all honesty, I do agree that mid zoning needs to come with weaknesses that I don't believe to suit the brutal cqc style of Baraka's character but we'll just have to #waitandsee

@KidVanDal
@xWildx
I'm not planning to play Baraka but I don't want anyone's character to get nerfed. It's fairly out of context currently to complain about a move when we haven't played the game yet and we don't know much about it just yet.
In all honesty, I do agree that mid zoning needs to come with weaknesses that I don't believe to suit the brutal cqc style of Baraka's character but we'll just have to #waitandsee
Yeah, neather I or @xWildx were the ones that complained.

But I also have a hard time calling it a nerf when everything is still subject to change.

edit: But yeah, let's wait and see.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah, neather I or @xWildx were the ones that complained.

But I also have a hard time calling it a nerf when everything is still subject to change.

edit: But yeah, let's wait and see.
I wouldn't call it a Nerf myself.
1. We don't know much about the game. It hasn't been released.
2. Things, moves, mechanics are open to change when beta releases.

It's completely possible that Baraka had a move "Slot" filled that changed his projectile from High to Mid in previous vids and they used a different load out for the Johnny reveal?
That's just my take and I'm not sure cuz let's face it: there isn't much ingorinfornal data available.
We still don't know what moves can be used with other moves and what moves are tournament viable, let alone frame data or what changes, additions are to come?

Until the beta version is released I don't think anyone should be complaining. We still have loads to come and many enlightenments to fill us in ahead!

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
How about, let everybody have their own opinions?
Like I tell every girlfriend:

Opinions are like orgasms; I don’t care if you have one.

Oh, I'm gonna watch you my boy, if you ever EVER dare to make fun of ANY character in ANY topic (even the ones I dislike),
There’d be some difference between making fun of Ryu and crying over his inclusion in the next Street Fighter game.

I'm throwing this right back at your face.
Deal. Come find me if Stryker makes it into the game.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Like I tell every girlfriend:

Opinions are like orgasms; I don’t care if you have one.

There’d be some difference between making fun of Ryu and crying over his inclusion in the next Street Fighter game.

Deal. Come find me if Stryker makes it into the game.
I'm gonna hunt and track you down if you have anything negative to say about Sektor, Rain, Noob, Reptile, Mileena, Tanya, Sindel, Shang Tsung and Kenshi, tiger. ;-)

You can have Stryker, though I still stfu-you in that case, just for fun.

NurzBenny

Old Member
imagine coming to a Mortal Kombat forum and getting mad that they revealed Johnny Cage? Ya know, one of the most iconic characters in the series? Original 9. Couldn't be me.
You know why Kano makes it into every game? Because he's f'n Kano.
Johnny looks like, for my money, the most well animated character they've ever done. Super excited to try him. I hope he has plus frames out the wazoo

DoDaMuSiC

Ermac ftw
imagine coming to a Mortal Kombat forum and getting mad that they revealed Johnny Cage? Ya know, one of the most iconic characters in the series? Original 9. Couldn't be me.
You know why Kano makes it into every game? Because he's f'n Kano.
Johnny looks like, for my money, the most well animated character they've ever done. Super excited to try him. I hope he has plus frames out the wazoo
Dont get me wrong, i like Johnny, think hes a super fun character and love his style
The thing is, people are getting mad exactly because of this, he has been in every freaking game, just like Sonya and Kano.
Some people are just tired to see these characters over and over and over in every single game
(Especially when the last one introduced their daughter and made her be the savior of Earthrrealm beating shinnok)
If they skipped a game, and then come back in the next one, there would be so much hype about them, just look at Baraka, all the hype he got cuz hes back. I guarantee you that if he was in mkx it wouldn’t be half of that

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
At the end of the day people are going to find your fave boring and not care when they're revealed. Not everyone likes every character and that's fine. I'm assuming all the back in forth in this thread is joking... But just in case.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Johnny cage is the only character I’ve seen with some personality so far. I love the gameplay of MK and the characters look but most the characters lack any personality. Johnny seems to be one of the few exceptions.

Darth-Nero

Come Thunder! Come Lightning!
Most of us were under the impression that parents characters will get retired/benched in mk11, But it turns out they'll fight for one more round. Which isn't bad really, Johnny looks fucking hype here. Also safe to think Jax will be in there too unless Geras replaced him somehow.

I think NRS approach is (let's forget all about mkx, we're bringing back mk9 that y'all love so much with new and improved mechanics to make it more balanced than ever) which am all for tbh. I'll be super happy if mk11 roster is the exact same as mk9 with the addition of a couple new characters and guest dlc.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Johnny cage is the only character I’ve seen with some personality so far. I love the gameplay of MK and the characters look but most the characters lack any personality. Johnny seems to be one of the few exceptions.
Blame NRS for that, not the characters.