What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage IGN Article About Cassie's Likeness; What Do You Think?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I was browsing IGN this morning, and saw this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/16/ufcs-felice-herrig-talks-about-comparison-with-mortal-kombat-xs-cassie-cage

What do I think? It's pretty easy for something like this to happen. When designing characters, you're relying on a mishmash of influences, and whatever you come up with is bound to look like something, somewhere, regardless of if you've actually seen them or not. So it's probably just a coincidence.

Plus, although IGN found the closest one, if you look at other pictures of Felice, it seems like she's reaching here.

Something similar happened on the last of us, where Ellen Page accused Naughty Dog of taking her image. Of course in that case, the character was named 'Ellie', so who knows.

In any case -- what do you think?

But it also brings up a creativity question: where should the line for inspiration be? Should Bruce Lee's estate be suing Tekken or Street Fighter for using his 'image', for example? There has to be a limit somewhere.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Who is this woman? If Cassie looked like Ronda Rousey or a fighter people have heard of, I'd get it, but this is a load of nonsense.

At a certain point, peeps gotta relax. I'm not gonna go sue George Lucas because Obi-Wan kinda looks like me, there is a limited amount of faces in the world

coolwhip

Noob
Felice Herrig should use the likeness of an actual fighter. That's what I'd worry about if I were her, because she's terrible. Maybe then she wouldn't get embarrassed by mediocre fighters. God MMA has the worst personalities.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I thought Tekken and SF had to pay royalties for that??? If not then that's kinda messed up being how blatantly obvious a rip off the characters are.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Felice Herrig should use the likeness of an actual fighter. That's what I'd worry about if I were her, because she's terrible. Maybe then she wouldn't get embarrassed by mediocre fighters. God MMA has the worst personalities.
The minute I read she fought in Bellator and some other nonsense, I gave up on her