What's new

If You Were to Make a 3rd Tourney Variation for Cassie

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
  1. Bitchin' bubble
  2. Air bullet barrage (?)
  3. Low Gunshot
I ain't a fan of zoning, but I have to say I appreciate this playstyle way more in this game and so I would use this set-up that combines both her strong offense and strong zoning potential without using that stupid control drone ability. This set-up would be sweet to play around with since bitchin' bubble would give her amazing corner pressure and it can also be used to keep away the opponent and put on that zoning pressure she's already good at.

I also added low gunshot so I could still get some of her better/longer combos up close, which would also work really well with the DoT damage from the bitchin' bubble. I feel like this variation would be hella annoying so I'm all for it.

What tourney variations would you like to see for her?

Last edited:

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
While it wouldn't be my first choice, I think the obvious 3rd variation would be:

Drone control
Straight kick

Add low guns, and I'd definitely play it, but that seems doubtful.

ThinAir

Mountain Bred
As an experiment variation I've been using Bitchin Bubble/ Knee Cappin/ Flying Glow kick. B.B for increased damage and DoT, Knee Capping for the Anti Zoning and combo capability and F.G.K for the extra KB and mobility.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
While it wouldn't be my first choice, I think the obvious 3rd variation would be:

Drone control
Straight kick

Add low guns, and I'd definitely play it, but that seems doubtful.
It's possible!

Straight kick is super cool and not only does cassie has good zoning and good offense in most of her variations, but she could also just use the kick to get in on the opponent if she wants. Not sure if you can combo off of it, I never used it.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
It's possible!

Straight kick is super cool and not only does cassie has good zoning and good offense in most of her variations, but she could also just use the kick to get in on the opponent if she wants. Not sure if you can combo off of it, I never used it.
You can't combo off of it, but it has a really solid KB that adds another strong punish tool to her arsenal.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
You can't combo off of it, but it has a really solid KB that adds another strong punish tool to her arsenal.
oh damn really? That's awesome. Gonna have to rethink my choices.

digi soldier replace flippin out with shoulder charge and roll on
I feel like shoulder charge should be a base move and flippin' out should just not exist

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Oh I just love zoning! I would make her a zoney one haha

Where she has an automatic pistol she can shoot 6 shots low or hi when meter burned, and 3 regular.

She can also do them in the air 3 shots straight in the air and also another air diagonal like jade's glaive, Subby's icey axe throw lol(that one can shoot 2 shots)

A rolling bomby thing of green energy where she can kind of zone, keep people out with.

Lastly a shadow kick that is a green energy clone of Cassie but while she stays put, the shadow goes up to mid screen normally(a little further than her current one) but if amplified full screen think of it like noob's clone or similar to MK X's Johnny's shadow that kicks not him.

lol if they gave her a variation like this I'd so use her haha. I know she can kind of zone now but she's not quite as effective as Jade, Skarlet, Cetrion etc

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I saw a video recently about "secret Flippin' Out tech that makes it useful" and I've never laughed so hard.
lmao, I guess it's 'good' if you're midscreen and want to advance in on them, but it's so freaking slow on recovery it's like inviting them for a full combo punish.

Oh I just love zoning! I would make her a zoney one haha

Where she has an automatic pistol she can shoot 6 shots low or hi when meter burned, and 3 regular.

She can also do them in the air 3 shots straight in the air and also another air diagonal like jade's glaive, Subby's icey axe throw lol(that one can shoot 2 shots)

A rolling bomby thing of green energy where she can kind of zone, keep people out with.

Lastly a shadow kick that is a green energy clone of Cassie but while she stays put, the shadow goes up to mid screen normally(a little further than her current one) but if amplified full screen think of it like noob's clone or similar to MK X's Johnny's shadow that kicks not him.

lol if they gave her a variation like this I'd so use her haha. I know she can kind of zone now but she's not quite as effective as Jade, Skarlet, Cetrion etc
Man, people would hate her so much more lmao. I don't mind zoning in this game, I actually like that I have that option with Cass.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Do we have to take into consideration the conflicts and the slot points cause... that's really hindering me here. lmao
Basically I like themes and I can't team the moves I want together.

um.... let's see. Following all the restrictions:

Bitchin Bubble
Shoulder Charge
Energy Bounce
---------------
For the Lulz:
Shoulder Charge
Flying Kick
Air Advance
---------------
Kneecappin
Bitchin Bubble
Flying Kick

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Do we have to take into consideration the conflicts and the slot points cause... that's really hindering me here. lmao
Basically I like themes and I can't team the moves I want together.

um.... let's see. Following all the restrictions:

Bitchin Bubble
Shoulder Charge
Energy Bounce
---------------
For the Lulz:
Shoulder Charge
Flying Kick
Air Advance
---------------
Kneecappin
Bitchin Bubble
Flying Kick
Restrictions make me sad :(

what does energy bounce do exactly?

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Restrictions make me sad :(

what does energy bounce do exactly?
Makes an energy bomb instead of using a bullet. Basically sounds like an AOE bullet ricochet. Basically my thought with that one was to use shoulder charge and energy bounce to keep them in the bitchin bubble.

Same concept with the last one I posted. Use kneecappin and flying kick to make people feel stuck inside the bitchin bubble.

The other one was just for fun. I picked all the green glow moves. Shoulder, Air advance (which according to the picture looks like a dive kick), and flying kick. haha

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Makes an energy bomb instead of using a bullet. Basically sounds like an AOE bullet ricochet. Basically my thought with that one was to use shoulder charge and energy bounce to keep them in the bitchin bubble.

Same concept with the last one I posted. Use kneecappin and flying kick to make people feel stuck inside the bitchin bubble.

The other one was just for fun. I picked all the green glow moves. Shoulder, Air advance (which according to the picture looks like a dive kick), and flying kick. haha
Oh nice. I really wanted to be able to use kneecapin' and the ricochet move together but you can't. Imagine how annoying she would be to deal with lmao

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I like both of her variations but I'd like a blend of both.

Kneecappin
Shoulder charge
BLB

Bitchin bubble
Drone kick
Energy bounce

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lmao, I guess it's 'good' if you're midscreen and want to advance in on them, but it's so freaking slow on recovery it's like inviting them for a full combo punish.

Man, people would hate her so much more lmao. I don't mind zoning in this game, I actually like that I have that option with Cass.
Lol true, she be one of the best zones haha

umgogo

The Memory Protector
Kneecappin' - Shoulder Charge - Bitchin' Bubble (good balance between zoning and CQC)

Seriously, though, they should just make an Amp version of Flippin' Out that launches and have the Kneecappin' Amp do something else. It makes no sense for Kneecappin' to be both her best zoning tool and combo extender.