What's new

If you are a Pro with Ermac, I have a question.

Lex

MKKhanzo: Ded is from Bulgary jahha
i hit back on the digital, then down on the analog, then back on both (just to make sure)

then ill do a backflip, and land on HK, and it will all come out 5 seconds later.... and most of the time ppl dont block it, its crazy!

DustinWS6 said:
I have a mad catz 360 controller and it has a lot better of a d-pad, but still no where close to the psx controller
true but they have an adapter for dual shock use on 360.....forgot what its called but its way expensive... like $80

I thought MS locked out all 3rd party gadget's unless they were licenced...

Anyway, I was over at a friends house and he has wired controllers, it could be me, but I liked the D-pad a lot more, not perfect, but just better then the wireless, anybody else have wired controllers?

MastaDev said:
DustinWS6 said:
I have a mad catz 360 controller and it has a lot better of a d-pad, but still no where close to the psx controller
true but they have an adapter for dual shock use on 360.....forgot what its called but its way expensive... like $80
Yea, and I heard they don't work to well either. I think Shock has one

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
It works fine with the original Playstation controller, won't work with my PSX-Dual Shock Arcade Stick, even though that stick works on my PC with adapters that are only dual shock, only PSOne, or both. Works with the keyboard but it won't let me use the buttons I prefer for some unknown and unlisted reason. I never tried it for FPS games. I wonder how hard it'd be to move the L and R buttons around on the PSX controller so that you could play like it was on PSX MKT.

Shock said:
It works fine with the original Playstation controller, won't work with my PSX-Dual Shock Arcade Stick, even though that stick works on my PC with adapters that are only dual shock, only PSOne, or both. Works with the keyboard but it won't let me use the buttons I prefer for some unknown and unlisted reason. I never tried it for FPS games. I wonder how hard it'd be to move the L and R buttons around on the PSX controller so that you could play like it was on PSX MKT.
whats the name of it again??

DustinWS6 said:
Dev, do you have an original PS controller?

This is it Devin. The XFPS

...Oh my God I would own with this thing. I am so much better on a PS controller it's not even funny xD

Tim Static

Adminerator
Why not have a custom arcade stick made? The dual stick d-pad is better than the 360's, but MK was meant for the sticks. Get back to your roots.

N1nja Lord said:
Tim Static said:
Maybe its just me, but the D-pad on my black 360 controller is alot better than the standard white.
No its still shitty. My bro has it and I tryed it out and the exact same.
yea the bleack ones suck i ended up throwing and breaking it cause the buttons were terrible

I use to able to do the tks no problem on my old controller. But my new one the down part of the d-pad is fucked so its really hard to do a tks.

Its also hard to teleport punch. I fond myself not even attempting the hk, lp, jk, tp, tks... no luck with this controller :(
Its so true, i have worn out 3 different controllers d-pads because of the tks.
btw guys when u do get new controllers buy ones with cables, they have the best feeling d-pad imo and they seem to last longer than wireless

Viesor

Noob
Hi new guy here ,
I just got back into umk3/mkt for about 2 months ago.
used to play it alot back in the days , i am surprised and glad to see such an active scene.
too bad im from EU and nowhere close enough to make it to tourneys.
anyway i use a PSX controller with a usb adapter to be able to connect it.
it works like a charm and even a newb like me can pull of punisher/aaHP 75% Ermac combos off with ease. I also have an old xbox which i was forced to use when my pc was down with a mame emu for umk3.
When i used that i wasnt even able to pull off Nightwolf's axe move.
it was such a nightmare i just couldnt play at all except for overpowered H Smoke which got boring soon.

I'm not sure if I'd consider myself pro with Ermac on a competitive level, but I'm able to do most Ermac combos 98% of the time. I use the dpad, and basically roll my thumb. So I hit left and down by rolling my knuckle and up and forward by rolling the tip of my thumb. Works very well for me.

yeah I just roll my thumb and it becomes instinctive after a while, that move has ruined every one of my xbox dpads though so prepare for that if you roll your moves