What's new

Question if smoke makes it in MK10 what changes do you want to see?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I want one moveset with a low slide that goes under projectiles.

I also want a move where I do something akin to smoke towards but when I do it I leave a teleport smoke bomb where I started. Now you deal with the pressure and try not to get shoved into the bomb and teleported to me for a free combo. Also its obviously another reset device. Think of it as a better version of Holy Orders Sol Badguy's dash move from Guilty Gear.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
I love his mk9 resets.

On the offensive side: they're definitely not easy to pull off, so you deserve the huge damage if you can do it

On defense: DON'T GET HIT BY SMOKE BOMBS!!! All you haters know you CAN block smoke bombs for no damage, right?!

on that note, it doesn't look likely that smoke will make it anyway, which makes me sad :(

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Keep him the same in every way, buuuuuut

Turn his EX parries into full combos if they hit and 1-frame on startup, give him a low starter like Scorpions f4, give him a 7-frame uppercut, make his smoke bomb do chip damage and -5 on block, make EX smoke bomb unblockable +32 on block, make his resets easier (I'm thinking after a 10-hit juggle any EX Smoke Bomb resets the opponent regardless of where it hits), remove EX smoke cloud and make the properties of that the regular one, make smoke bomb a fully invincible wakeup and condition and wash his hair more.

Should give him a fighting chance this time!

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Keep him the same in every way, buuuuuut

Turn his EX parries into full combos if they hit and 1-frame on startup, give him a low starter like Scorpions f4, give him a 7-frame uppercut, make his smoke bomb do chip damage and -5 on block, make EX smoke bomb unblockable +32 on block, make his resets easier (I'm thinking after a 10-hit juggle any EX Smoke Bomb resets the opponent regardless of where it hits), remove EX smoke cloud and make the properties of that the regular one, make smoke bomb a fully invincible wakeup and condition and wash his hair more.

Should give him a fighting chance this time!
You forgot his low starter :DOGE

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Man, if he keeps his awesome overhead, I'd be ok without a low starter. If he had both that would just seem... Unfair lol

REYTHEGREAT

I really want smoke to have more mix ups. In mk9 he didnt have a slow starter and 1 overhead starter. So hopefully in MKX, if he makes it, i want him to have more mix ups capabilities.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Man, if he keeps his awesome overhead, I'd be ok without a low starter. If he had both that would just seem... Unfair lol
lol my post was leaking with sarcasm, I was joking man haha. It would be nice if he had a 3,d4,4 string where it starts like his 3,d1,2 string but the d4 part hits low then he does quick small 360 kick to put them half/full screen away. The 3,d4 part would be no be able to link into anything.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
lol my post was leaking with sarcasm, I was joking man haha. It would be nice if he had a 3,d4,4 string where it starts like his 3,d1,2 string but the d4 part hits low then he does quick small 360 kick to put them half/full screen away. The 3,d4 part would be no be able to link into anything.
Haha, gotcha :p

That's a good idea, having a low hitting attack in the middle of a string. Tbh i dont care what tools he has, i would REALLY just like to see him come back

lol at these people saying smoke needs a shake to be viable. It's not like smoke bomb trades are in his favor right. It wouldn't even change smoke that much in mk9. Just look at @GGA Wafflez he almost won final round back to back and he doesnt even know that move exists:DOGE

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
I guess I'm 8 months late getting to this thread, but the only change Smoke needs is to lose the reset. He doesn't need a low-starter, and he sure as hell doesn't need a nerf to smoke bomb. He honestly doesn't need any nerfs, but if I HAD to nerf him, I would just add damage scaling after raw smoke bombs. That's it. Smoke doesn't need to be nerfed: the bottom ten need to be buffed.