What's new

Net Neutrality: What is all the talk about?

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
how on earth do you view this as a positive aspect of your country, when the comparison is to the alternatives where this isn't the case? I can go to college just fine in mine and not rack up massive amounts of debt. The amount of social condition you are under to believe that your country is leading the pack on this is astounding.
I didnt realize just how much some people hate america damn lol. Like everytime ive responded to you its been mostly civil, everytime ive gotten a response its been kinda aggressive and to quote "replaced by pity for the level of education the average citizen of your country is barreling through life with." And you said this to something i didnt even claim, you made a small mistake and jumped to conclusions, you have yet to correct it with a simple my bad, while when i presented my argument in a poor way i apologized and corrected it so it would make more sense.

Anyways College in America didn't get super expensive till the Feds got involved. Shit skyrocketed when Univeristies realized they can rape us by using the Goverment's own buck.
You're absolutely right, kids drank the government Kool aid. Majored in a garbage degree or drowned themselves in debt by taking unnecessary classes and switching majors. There is no such things as "free" from the government.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I didnt realize just how much some people hate america damn lol. Like everytime ive responded to you its been mostly civil, everytime ive gotten a response its been kinda aggressive and to quote "replaced by pity for the level of education the average citizen of your country is barreling through life with."
bro I said that when you said your country invented fire and the wheel, and you admitted you've been wording things poorly so don't blame me for that.

I love how correcting factually incorrect statements = you hate America, you guys are walking stereotypes

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
You're absolutely right, kids drank the government Kool aid. Majored in a garbage degree or drowned themselves in debt by taking unnecessary classes and switching majors. There is no such things as "free" from the government.
Troof. Then you got these major universities filling kids heads with a bunch of bull shit making them feel entitled. I remember when I got my supervisor job there was this other dude who went to college and applied for it. He was pissed that I got it over him with just my experience and work ethic. Just goes to show a college degree doesn't mean you get priority.

Troof. Then you got these major universities filling kids heads with a bunch of bull shit making them feel entitled. I remember when I got my supervisor job there was this other dude who went to college and applied for it. He was pissed that I got it over him with just my experience and work ethic. Just goes to show a college degree doesn't mean you get priority.
Yes sir, I'm in the cusp of being a manager at my job, took me awhile because of my time in the Marines and going to College. People need to realize a degree is not a guarantee for a job. All it shows the employer is you can stay committed to something and finish it. You have to have experience, KNOWLEDGE, and show that you are reliable. Being promoted at a job is not easy, and taking a genders study course, arts or what other crap is not going to get you there faster.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
Yes sir, I'm in the cusp of being a manager at my job, took me awhile because of my time in the Marines and going to College. People need to realize a degree is not a guarantee for a job. All it shows the employer is you can stay committed to something and finish it. You have to have experience, KNOWLEDGE, and show that you are reliable. Being promoted at a job is not easy, and taking a genders study course, arts or what other crap is not going to get you there faster.
Amen! I couldn't have said it any better. Gotta love them liberal arts degrees. Thanks for serving bro.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
bro I said that when you said your country invented fire and the wheel, and you admitted you've been wording things poorly so don't blame me for that.

I love how correcting factually incorrect statements = you hate America, you guys are walking stereotypes
You didnt bother to look like 2 posts up thats what I was reffering to, and look correcting is fine lmao I unlike some ppl I will admit if im wrong. But its not that correcting is the problem , the problem is when you start of your correction with " replaced by pity for the level of education the average citizen of your country is barreling through life with" and other things you said bad about America that make it seem like well you hate or dislike America. Bc neither me nor @Da Tac0 have started off with something like that, even though we disagree with you lol.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Also in America there are plenty of ways out of poverty, (link the study below) found that you need to do 3 things to stay out of poverty in the United states. Dont have children before you are married, graduate highschool, and have a fulltime job. Only 2 percent of people who do this are poor. Also America is the largest peace keeping force in history. The U.S sends the most foreign aide relief, tries to calm the most foreign conflicts. Helped stop the spread of communism, imagine the world now if the U.S didnt help out in so many circumstances.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Please list the jobs you can make 30+ an hour with only a highschool education and no further education that a 20 something can get. And yeah you are right with that amount of money and proper budgeting you can easily start a business on the side like flipping cars or bikes for profit.
In the city of Houston, as the nations leading energy provider and also a port city. There are several factorys by the port of Houston that pay big bucks but keep in mind this is a 4am to 9pm job no lie. Also several oil and petroleum companies are based in Houston who also pay but you have to take the risk of the ups and downs of the field. My brother was recently laid off from the oil field. There are also offshore plants in the gulf

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
Honestly if they have their way, that's what I'm gonna do. I can't afford internet anymore if this happens so I'll just abandon the net and read books.
Read books?! Whaat? That's, like, so ancient, but so vintage :DOGE
I don't know man. I'm not american, but the hate and anti-patriotism from some people is astounding. The country is not the reason it's a bad place, it's the people who live in it and make the policies. You have no idea how good you have it in the US. All I know of is ou have a serious immigration problem there. Immigrants, mostly illegals, work for 7-10$ an hour, don't pay shit in taxes since they're not citizens, pay minimum bills and use a lot of federal wellfare and other free bucks. It's ridiculous when they tell me, I'm laughing my ass off. I know cause many from my country immigrated to the US and that's how they live. Maybe that's one of the reasons american citizens can't affort high wage jobs.
But hey, in my third world country the poverty rate is 9% according to some sources, so come over :DOGE
Which is bullcrap

Last edited:
crazy that discussing a single issue leads to discussing americas overall greatness before solving that single issue. may it not be touched because america is so great? i think america is great enough to take this critical discussion.

just for info, i am not american but german, but i view americans basically as an ally in politics, culture and values, even though its getting harder with trump. he is doing the exact opposite of everything i learned and understood during my M.A. studies with focus on political theory and ethics (including a lot of groundbreaking american authors i might add, like rawls). the freedom that many americans claim their country stands for is obviously a desirable (along with security the most important) value in a political community. but then, every individual freedom may only be exercised so far that it does not harm the same freedom of any other person. this is a hard line to draw, but leads us to the topic:

corporations want freedom to design their business as desired, but in this case that affects an area that has become a core element of todays society regarding freedom of information, communication and as here, gaming, your hobby or even what brought you in some money - call the internet a "public good".

deeper political discussion aside, for gaming this could mean:

- internet providers make exclusive deals with gaming companies - capcom online play is better from the new york provider, NRS's in Chigago. Or if its not that, PSN works better in new york, XBL in Chicago

- deals like that might also influence the accessibility of critical websites for reviews.

- indie gaming might recede because you dont get to see anything but the big companies advertisement

- rich people get better online than poor because they can afford a better plan by their provider (it already is like that now but may be pushed further) - paying to win to the extreme. even if i follow @EMPEROR_KNICKS instructions to become a member of the middle class (which i dont, and forgive my cynism), what about the kids of poor people who are not responsible for the house income, will they not be able to play what they want, maybe even with RL friends?

my point is, regulation always sounds like something that takes away freedom, but in case of regulation of internet providers, it takes away some freedom from them, to secure the freedom of everyone else in a matter that concerns a public good, without which society could not exist anymore today (because remember, "everyone is born equal)". the excercise of their freedom of business design would harm way more essential freedoms of others and so has to stand back in this case. gaming is just a side thing in this whole topic, but as you see the consequences for everyones hobby could be serious.

Last edited:
Maybe if everything goes horribly wrong and this somehow manages to pass then we will see a resurgance in the arcade scene in the USA. Because arcades basically died out to online gaming, But if that becomes limited and people can't play the way they are used to then LANs and Arcades would be the default go to again i would imagine.

Obviously some people would just quit or not have this option, But wanted to point out something that hasn't been mentioned yet. I see this as a highly HIGHLY unlikely scenario but worth discussing.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
because FREEDOM

/sarcasm

"the american dream, getting out of poverty" lol yeah you guys are like the worst first world country there is for that

a lot of great inventions and innovations have come from America. Luckily I can make full use of every last one of these that I care about, from basically anywhere on the globe.
Look at this shit! US poverty dropped by around 4%, but those awesome EU countries the poverty rate more than doubled. The future of the EU looks bright! Time to move out to Europe!
:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE

Last edited: