What's new

Match-up Discussion If Pig had never played Kenshi MU #s

Not all characters get top level representation in our scene. That is why many characters have this mystery about them as to how good they really are. I started thinking yesterday after reading Pig's new Kenshi MU chart numbers, about how much influence Pig has had on those numbers. If Pig had never played Kenshi I strongly believe that peoples idea about Kenshi would be along the lines of Kenshi is a decent character but he is weak to crossups and I'm not worried that much about Kenshi. This is probably what the MU chart would look like if Pig had never played Kenshi.

Kenshi 1st number, opponent 2nd number.
6-4 vs Baraka
6-4 vs Cyber Sub-Zero
4-6 vs Cyrax
6-4 vs Ermac
4-6 vs Freddy Krueger
5-5 vs Jade
4-6 vs Jax
6-4 vs Johnny Cage
3-7 vs Kabal
6-4 vs Kano
6-4 vs Kitana
3-7 vs Kung Lao
6-4 vs Liu Kang
6-4 vs Mileena
5-5 vs Nightwolf
4-6 vs Noob Saibot
6-4 vs Quan Chi
4-6 vs Raiden
6-4 vs Rain
4-6 vs Reptile
4-6 vs Scorpion
4-6 vs Sektor
4-6 vs Shang Tsung
5-5 vs Sheeva
5-5 vs Sindel
4-6 vs Skarlet
4-6 vs Smoke
4-6 vs Sonya Blade
5-5 vs Stryker
6-4 vs Sub-Zero

total 145.

Let me just give a personal example of if Pig had never played Kenshi. I would run a set of 5 against 16bit and lose 5 matches in a row. All of a sudden I would be thinking man, this might be in Kitana's favor. I would then hop on TYM and post about how hard it is fighting against Kitana and that it is probably a fair fight or in Kitana's favor. But because Pig has shown that I am clearly wrong he has saved me from posting something very foolish.

The same example could also be give when I play against dizzy. I could lose like 5 in a row and start to think that maybe Kenshi isn't that good. You might have seen another wrong post from me the next day as to how Kenshi really doesn't do that good against cage. Maybe this wrong thought would inspire many people to be like yeah Kenshi does struggle in many other MUs maybe Kenshi isn't that good.

How many MU numbers without a top player representing that character that we on this site that are completely off and no one knows? Well I guess the answer is that no one knows.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Reptile is not 4-6, nor was it ever. Neither is Jax.

Edit: Wait...I think I missed the point of this thread...ok I'll shutup.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think about this stuff all the time with Laos, cyrax and Kabals and then think to myself which characters dont have the same representation

Its scary imo

idk its just an odd thing to discuss but You think like I do apparently

I dont want props in any way here but I agree 100%

So if pig didn't play him...he loses all his tools....?
If Pig didn't play him nobody else would be anywhere near as good with Kenshi as him, so his dominance in a lot of MUs would be unrealized. That's what Jeremiah is trying to say. Blackula certainly isn't going to be better if Pig was never around, frankly he wouldn't be as good because he wouldn't have somebody as high-level as Pig to discuss Kenshi with. I think?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If Pig didn't play him nobody else would be anywhere near as good with Kenshi as him, so his dominance in a lot of MUs would be unrealized. That's what Jeremiah is trying to say. Blackula certainly isn't going to be better if Pig was never around, frankly he wouldn't be as good because he wouldn't have somebody as high-level as Pig to discuss Kenshi with. I think?
IMO though the enevitable would happen

What I mean by this is Reo and Foxy's Kenshi are extremely f ing good as well so if I didnt they would

Also Jeremiah is playing Kenshi, so we saw what he could do w the worst character in the game. Now he's playing the best or second best in the game in time w experience he'll do big things as well

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Nice perspective. Although I would've thought the Kabal and Kitana matchups would be far closer together by this logic.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
IMO though the enevitable would happen

What I mean by this is Reo and Foxy's Kenshi are extremely f ing good as well so if I didnt they would

Also Jeremiah is playing Kenshi, so we saw what he could do w the worst character in the game. Now he's playing the best or second best in the game in time w experience he'll do big things as well
Yeah.... idk

how many people have switch to Kenshi and just gotten bodied?

that would be all of them.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Jeremiah,

When people say "this is my MU chart" and the numbers are obviously way too low you know they are either

1) Not playing at the highest level
or
2) Downplaying their char/Upplaying their opponents char

Either way, it makes them look dumb.

You are a tool. I am also saying you apply to both 1 and 2.

Love,

Dizzy

I guess? I think a lot off ppl don't play kenshi because of pig haha...no but seriously...that shit is like watching paint dry, while in slow motion, in bullet time...ya dig?

No really it's infuriatingly boring.

But he gets dem "w"'s waaassssuuuuuuuup!

I don't agree with this. Even if Pig never once considered playing Kenshi, someone would've easily exposed how good the character eventually. And this is because as the game has grown, we have noticed that characters with really good armored attacks are generally the cream of the crop in this game. And someone would have noticed that Kenshi has some of the better armored moves in the game and would have gone from there.

this is no disrespect to Pig of The Hut at all. I just think you are discrediting a lot of the community. My 2 cents. Cheers.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
So you're saying that if things were different, things would be different?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't agree with this. Even if Pig never once considered playing Kenshi, someone would've easily exposed how good the character eventually. And this is because as the game has grown, we have noticed that characters with really good armored attacks are generally the cream of the crop in this game. And someone would have noticed that Kenshi has some of the better armored moves in the game and would have gone from there.

this is no disrespect to Pig of The Hut at all. I just think you are discrediting a lot of the community. My 2 cents. Cheers.
I do agree with you here somewhat. The community would eventually gotten better with Kenshi and the MU numbers would change to have more 7-3s in it at some point.

But then you would also have to consider tournament wins which really help shape what the community thinks in a matchup. When Pig dominated a lot of top players in that MLG arena is when everyone's eyes opened to how good Kenshi really was. If that had never happened I don't think Kenshi would be considered near as good as he is now.

Another example would be that 16bit would never have lost to a Kenshi in a tournament. That would totally affect the MU numbers in that match because many people would have evidence that Kitana does fine against Kenshi.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Another example would be that 16bit would never have lost to a Kenshi in a tournament. That would totally affect the MU numbers in that match because many people would have evidence that Kitana does fine against Kenshi.
this is the only argument that matters.

in this example... I bet you could also toss the other top Kitana's into this same category.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
This is my "what if jeremiah never played sheeva" matchup chart.

She still sucks

However i do see what you are saying.

But i notice you dont have sektor as 2-8 with kenshi getting back door penetrated. /trolled son.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
I played kenshi for the fact that he was blind but didnt like him only thing I like bout him is that he has a splatter (useful in the corner), u4 and a swag sweep.

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy

Jeremiah,

When people say "this is my MU chart" and the numbers are obviously way too low you know they are either

1) Not playing at the highest level
or
2) Downplaying their char/Upplaying their opponents char

Either way, it makes them look dumb.

You are a tool. I am also saying you apply to both 1 and 2.

Love,

Dizzy

Hey. All I was saying was that Pig saved me from making bad posts. That's all. I might be a tool, but I'm YOUR tool.