What's new

Question If NRS took a break from fighting games, which genre would you want to see them make?

If NRS took a break from fighting games, which genre would you want to see them make?

• Sports Game/Esports etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Board or Card based or Trivia

• Programming game

• Over the head shooting game

• Simulator based game

• Total voters

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Making a serious answer this time... I'd actually love to have an action RPG where we were able to make our own custom character, choose a faction to start in and then play through a story where we explored the realms and fought a lot of other characters. Konquest mode had potential, but never as an extra mode in one of the fighting games... but as a game on its own where the entire focus is to build up this action adventure RPG, it could be a really awesome and extraordinary thing!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Making a serious answer this time... I'd actually love to have an action RPG where we were able to make our own custom character, choose a faction to start in and then play through a story where we explored the realms and fought a lot of other characters. Konquest mode had potential, but never as an extra mode in one of the fighting games... but as a game on its own where the entire focus is to build up this action adventure RPG, it could be a really awesome and extraordinary thing!
Interesting idea, I never got into RPG's as I honestly find them so boring(that's not to say they're not good games, just not my cup of tea) though if MK made one with those kinds of deep MK A KAK, MK 11, WWE combined with RPG customizable options I'd totally play it for that reason. Crazy how people have actually stolen people's trinkets, powers etc in games like WOW? This also made me not want to get into something like that if something happened and I lost all my unlocks, gears etc that would just be horrible. I also wouldn't mind a 3D free exploring game similar in design to the 3D era Konquest modes.

Skedar70

Noob
I really wonder if they can be as good creating other types of games. They have been working in fighting games since Mk9 using the modified version of unreal engine. The team has probably become a well oiled machine to create these masterpieces. Who knows if upper management is going to allow them to create something else when their fighting games sale so well.

I personally believe they should stick to fighting games but create a new IP. No inj no mk something new.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
I want to see them try their hand at a horror game. I think that would be really interesting considering how good this studio is at Gore. I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle the action genre again. Especially if they decided to make MK spin-offs like before, but that may defeat the purpose of taking a break.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Either a RPG, or a platformer (MKM: Sub Zero). I have seen them do some RPG stuff in the 3D era. I miss platformer Mortal Kombat games, like Sub Zero's. It'd help them enrich the lore behind some characters.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’ll go with modern day Rock & Roll Racing. They could even keep Fatalities!

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Surprised there aren't more for racing, Motor Kombat was fun AF! I think I enjoyed that at times more than the actual fighting game in MK A lol.I would love to see a remastered, redone version of that but with more characters like mixing MK+Mario Kart+Burnout.

Would also love to see another platformer myself.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Gotta go with Horror/Survival on this. Something like a mix of Resident Evil meets Last of Us. Think they would knock a game like that out of the park, out of the stadium. The story, the theme, the play structure, they'd 10/10 this type of game.

An adventure/rpg game of sorts but survival related as well, say similar to Mass Effect or Fallout I think they could nail down too.

Those got my votes.
Some kind of game with exploration and rpg elements. I liked the sound of this persistent MMO Boon was talking about where your body could get looted when you aren't playing, shit like that is cool and it's an untapped well of game design
I want the people that make shadow or Mordor and shadow of war to be given the MK license since they’re also a WB studio and make an adventure game similar to shadow of war where you’re Scorpion, Sub-Zero, or someone and just tear through the neatherream, outworld, and chaosrealm. Tons of variety in enemy types. Tarkatans, Lin Kuei Cyborgs, demons, Shokan, reptiles(idk what there called), shit even Mileena clones cause why not. Lots of characters to use a sub bosses too
They've already dabbled with gear, so I'd definitely love to see some kind of Action RPG from them. Imagine a MK-themed Souls-like with their gore tech. I wanna see a greatsword cleave a motherfucker in two like it was Game of Thrones.
I want to see them try their hand at a horror game. I think that would be really interesting considering how good this studio is at Gore. I wouldn't mind seeing them tackle the action genre again. Especially if they decided to make MK spin-offs like before, but that may defeat the purpose of taking a break.
There's actually some amazing ideas in this thread, I'm getting excited just reading them...

All I play these days is fighting games and the occasional good story/horror game, but I'd buy anything NRS makes to support them tbh.

So I voted for Dance game.

...Then there's this

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dear NRS, if you read this, get me there, and i will give you the game you will be selling before the next Mortal Kombat, and not its not a fighting game.;)

"Wake the fuck up Eddy, you're still dreaming:("

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly, I would be for a mmo/elder scrolls approach to the MK universe, but it would take about 4 years to make, and they would need to set some stuff up post mk11 story, or an AU of MK

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I like to imagine a Souls like game but in Outworld or something. Obviously with faster combat though. So maybe like a cross between DMC and Souls but in the MK universe.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Dark Souls esque set in ancient Mk verse, ending in your character ending up being one of the Elder Gods and adding some connective lore.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
After hearing Ed on those Game Informer interviews, I'd love a survival action persistent world type of online game. Not necessarily tied to MK but something tonally horror/dark fantasy/Sci fi

D

Deleted member 59910

Krypt sucks. “The game has no lootboxes”. HAHA, jackpot! Of course the next game will be a slot machine.