What's new

Question If MK9 was never patched, what would the tier list be now?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
This thread made me realize two things.

A.) NRS to finish their games before release, for god's sake finish them because this stuff is balls.

B.) Patches are amazing but it's still 6-4 Kabal.

Someone refresh my memory, how good/bad was my precious Saibot? EDIT: LOL fr stack posting about Noob right before I asked about him. That's magic right there.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This thread made me realize two things.

A.) NRS to finish their games before release, for god's sake finish them because this stuff is balls.

B.) Patches are amazing but it's still 6-4 Kabal.

Someone refresh my memory, how good/bad was my precious Saibot? EDIT: LOL fr stack posting about Noob right before I asked about him. That's magic right there.
Noob was like a reverse Smoke, crappy damage and no reason to block high. :tonyt

B W1zZ

Noob
Raiden got nerfed arguably worse than any other character in my opinion. Pretty much if the forums cry hard enough about 1 particular thing NRS will nerf it until they reach the point of limited funding and an unfinished product, with patches being based for the most part on bias from the community (whether it's legitimate or not).

I remember the last manawerx tournament pre current mk patch where i beat detroit right before devastation winning the last tournament...dr dogg was on stream whining about raidens teleport as i was playing detroit...then a few weeks before dev I have to get used to my teleport being assraped.

So more or less...

my character gets nerfed
i lose in the kitana matchup for the first time in my life due to dealing with nerfs
get used as a stepping stone for someone elses fame and a dream job with the company whos game i am playing

I sometimes ponder to myself an alternate universe where raiden remained un nerfed.

But at the same time I continued playing the character to this day instead of "just use kabal bro" because thats what I do.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
Skarlet would be so much fun if she wasn't patched xD. Great multi purpose character. Kung Lao would be annoying with his spin pushback. That was the worst thing in the game that everyone knew about. Cyrax would definitely be #1 lol. That throw into his resets would be so broken. He would've won every single tournament and easily flawless victory a bunch of people. If people knew the tech they know today back in 2011 they'd just throw people into very large combos.

Shawi

Noob
Imagine someone ran a tournament with vanilla MK9! Just delete the game data, play offline and you'd be good to go!
It'd be so hype!