What's new

IF Custom Variations will be in Competitive Offline Play...

... there really needs to be a quick select option in the character select screen. people going to the menu and customizing a counterpick in between matches is a complete no-go because of how hard it breaks the flow of action and consumes time.

Last edited:
anyway, the more i see of the game, the more i think it could and should be in there. custom movesets are a core part of the game and it would really take away a part of its heart if theyre not allowed in competitive. the point system by which they handle the balance doesnt seem break-proof, but a point to start. in the end, you can add 3 moves at most to your set, which is not the world, considering the basic movesets are pretty small.

Lokheit

Noob
Yeah some quick window like the options window you can already pop, allowing you to tick on and off moves from the list without describing them to not occupy a lot of space, would be perfect.

At this stage, with how they're homogenising the customisation (to three "default" variants) and with stringent "slot" restrictions on abilities (and no mention of a "free", unrestricted mode), I wouldn't be surprised if the game is a MKX ver. 1.01, when it comes to this particular aspect of the game.

Moreover, if they gimp the offline component of the game, as they did in Injustice 2 (*no customisation on player-2 side offline), the OP's question will be irrelevant.

MrWarMachine

Jacqui/D'Vorah 2020
honestly i'm at the point where I think they should say fuck it to the set variations and just make Kustom's the main way to go, and just have people pick their super moves before each fight.

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
The way they have been talking about it almost seems as if they originally planned on doing set variations but they are running out of time dealing with other dev issues and we might end up with competitive custom variations on accident. I'm okay with it.