What's new

IDGAF Throws Are Too Strong

Throws beat block AND counterpoke. Teching a throw is a 50/50 that leads to 30% with some character if you tech wrong. Throw beats too much shit. When in doubt, fucking throw. It's going to land and worst case scenario you get a free mixup out of it! woohoo! You have to just NOT BLOCK on wakeup sometimes if you think he might throw you. What type of shit is that?

inb4 'I tEcH eVeRy SiNgLe TiMe"
no you fucking don't you're a liar.

Throws beat block AND counterpoke. Teching a throw is a 50/50 that leads to 30% with some character if you tech wrong. Throw beats too much shit. When in doubt, fucking throw. It's going to land and worst case scenario you get a free mixup out of it! woohoo! You have to just NOT BLOCK on wakeup sometimes if you think he might throw you. What type of shit is that?

you dont get KBed if you tech wrong once, but when the next throw is a forward throw that successfully connects. otherwise the condidtions reset.

Agilaz

It has begun

And throws get beaten by neutral crouch, jumps, short hops, parries and throw techs

Buffs throws

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Making pokes able to low profile throws will make the game an insane poke-mashing-fest.

Throws are strong I agree but the other way around will make it muuuuuuuch worse.

KB throws need to be toned down IMO. Make them around 18 or 19% instead of 31%.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but this game has been the easiest to tech throws out of any NRS game for me.
That honor goes to I2. You throw when you get thrown and there's no guessing left or right.

And throws get beaten by neutral crouch, jumps, short hops, parries and throw techs

Buffs throws
Fake argument.
Neutral crouch, jump, and shorthop all get blown the fuck out by frametraps/meaties which is the entire reason throw is too strong.

Throw tech is part of the problem because its a mixup in itself.

That leaves you with "parries" which not everyone has access to.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Only issue here is the "release block to tech throw" which is the only issue I have with this system.

I even accepted the fact that it's the only game in history where you break the throws with the OPPOSITE button that was used for the throw, which is aberrant but whatever.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I feel like there are two changes that would benefit the meta and would go hand in hand.

1. Make d1 active longer and have more advantage on hit, and more negative on block.
This would stop people from mashing d1 like an idiot and having to literally justframe your input after your d1 not to get d1'd back on hit.
This would also blow people up who just d1 out of habit.
2. And then make throws not work on downpokes anymore, and we wouldn't have scrubs go d1, throw, d1, throw annoying the fuck out of people who are trying to play honest neutral online.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
How does that apply to any situation where a throw is a risk?
If they D2 or D3 and go for a throw after, which a ton of people do, you use a move that staggers (like for Cassie it's her D4) and it'll prevent them from doing it. Or you know, you could tech roll or neutral duck.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)

You listed two things it beats but didn't list the multiple options that beat throws.
Neutral Jump, Duck, Parry, Command Grab, Certain Special moves, Certain low pokes, cross over, tech(which it's easier than ever than any previous games).

Not to mention hit stun, block stun, push back and footsies keep you out of range and or nullify it.
The focus is on keeping the opponent where you want them based on your Characters strengths.
Nothing personal but just because a move has a 50/50 it's not automatically broke. It's how easy it is to land on the opponent and if there is no options to counter that make mix broke. Certain Characters don't have options to mix other than throws and it's thier only saving Grace. If it was to get nerfed because a player disliked that it had priority over certain things many characters would drop in effectiveness and viability not to mention bottom tier.

You know what was broke? A tick throw that couldn't be jumped, ducked, neutral jumped or teched and went off a loopable move on hit and was able to be delayed to only come out on block. This move was Kotals Command Grab pre day 1 patch. It was adjusted heavily. It doesn't tick off F3 anymore and isn't a mid anymore so you can full combo punish it on read/semi reaction when you see D1 tick.

I honestly can't believe someone is literally complaining about Throws beating block. That is the entire function of a throw and has been since MKT.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Thank you for sharing your opinion.
The CLASSIC

On the real, though, the reason pokes can be thrown is to keep pokes from being a really strong option, since throws are also high. NRS implemented this in MKX, and it's actually a good feature. With how slow a lot of mids are, trust me when I say you don't want this removed.

That said, attempting to throw in MK also can get you killed at times, too. But overall, you don't want a game with weak throws. That in itself severely hampers characters who do not win on pure mixups, and can make defense unnecessarily difficult to crack. It's why throws are designed the way they are.