What's new

Ice clone.... It's not functioning properly... with 3 profs... LMAO

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
What is the purpose of this?
Autoblock is a system introduced in MK9 with Skarlet to prevent certain things to combo even if it should be possible.
Then they kinda made it more evident in MKX and its now part of the system as well in I2 so it seems they added certain condictions to it to prevent certain moves to link or connect on specific scenarios.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The Ice Klone examples seems to be something new.

I think the formula is:
if (!combo starter (Ice Clone){
$shatterKlone;
} else {
$state = opponent gets frozen;
}

Basically there seems to be a condition that tell the game to shatter the klone when he is not the first hit on a chained link

Sazbak

Noob
My guess is that the Ice Klone bug is because even after the opponent is considered hit by the very beginning of the attack's active frames, the rest of the attack's active frames still hit him after he gets frozen so the opponent immediately melts.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
My guess is that the Ice Klone bug is because even after the opponent is considered hit by the very beginning of the attack's active frames, the rest of the attack's active frames still hit him after he gets frozen so the opponent immediately melts.
Eh, the problem is that opponent blocks despite normal conditions under which ground combos in NRS games aren't possible do not apply here.

Autoblock is a system introduced in MK9 with Skarlet to prevent certain things to combo even if it should be possible.
Then they kinda made it more evident in MKX and its now part of the system as well in I2 so it seems they added certain condictions to it to prevent certain moves to link or connect on specific scenarios.
I wasn't aware of Scarlet having something that special.
NRS are known for their somewhat complicated rulings when it comes to grounded combos though. What I don't get is what exactly warrants these measures in this particular case.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Yeah, I don't think this is a bug. Unless there is a 1-frame difference between the 2 hits (it's 1 frame, right? Like Joker's teeth setups?) that's the autoblock system.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In sum the Ice Klone is working properly its not a combo extender because the shattering will happen if you try to combo into the klone.

No.... It does combo from certain strings..... and always comboes when the opponent is airborne... With the exception of the first example... That interactable knockdown (heck... He does combo from karaoke throw and toilet throw interactables for gods sake:p).

If I do 1+1+1 instead it comboes into ice clone:confused:.... But again it doesn't combo from 1+1+2 from the second example ...Which is a hard knockdown string:coffee:

In the third example: If I do ice burst instead of ice ball... It comboes into ice clone:confused:... But I did it with iceball to prove a point :DOGE

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
No.... It does combo from certain strings..... and always comboes when the opponent is airborne... With the exception of the first example... That interactable knockdown.

Example: if in the third example: If I do ice burst instead of ice ball... It comboes into ice clone:confused:... But I did it with iceball to prove a point :DOGE

also: If I do 1+1+1 instead it comboes into ice clone:confused:.... But again it doesn't combo from 1+1+2 from the second example ...Which is a hard knockdown string:coffee:
Yes, it combos while airborne because your opponent doesn't have any opening to block. The autoblock system kicks in while the opponent is standing and you hit them with 2 different types of moves on the same frame. So in every example you posted, you set up the clone in the back and attacked from the front. It is literally impossible to block a cross-up and attack from the front at the same time, so the game automatically makes you block both so this doesn't turn into Marvel.

I don't have the game in front of me to look at this stuff, but there is a reason why those things you are saying combo and there is a very clear reason why the things you posted here don't

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
To prevent true unblockables (overhead + low hitting at the same time)
These two examples don't feature overheads/lows at the moment of this effect triggering.

Also, did Scarlett have a way to stack oh/low hits in this manner?

I mean, I do know about same frame OH+low override, but I don't think it's the same thing that causes what we are seeing.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
These two examples don't feature overheads/lows at the moment of this effect triggering.

Also, did Scarlett have a way to stack oh/low hits in this manner?

I mean, I do know about same frame OH+low override, but I don't think it's the same thing that causes what we are seeing.
Any two attacks hitting within one frame can be automatically blocked. They did it for the unlockables but it affects any two attacks, not just low+ oh.

This used to happen on MKX with clone shatter combos and Paulo said this is the reason.

This is why the clone shatter combos had to be properly spaced so that the hitbox from the burst move and the clone shards don't both hit within one frame.

I didn't know that Skarlet can do this, I thought this mechanic was introduced in MKX.

Braindead

To be fair I wouldn't know either. People ITT suggest that something similar was introduced in MK9 though, so I'm going by that.
Yeah I never saw it in MK9 and there was a lot of moves that could be delayed to hit 2 things at once in that game. I think I would've noticed if you could auto-block those in that game.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Seems fair, joker can't hit true unblockables in this game either. Anything too close to an unblockable gets autoblocked

Lokheit

Noob
To prevent true unblockables (overhead + low hitting at the same time)
But to prevent that you only need it to trigger autoblock if there isn't an active combo, it doesn't make sense that the property still triggers when a combo is going on.

Braindead

But to prevent that you only need it to trigger autoblock if there isn't an active combo, it doesn't make sense that the property still triggers when a combo is going on.
Well they made it a universal mechanic. I guess they don't want people to find a way around the specific condition, or it's just easier to make it universal.

This was already in MKX and 16Bit/Paulo already explained it. No need to overthink it. It's a mechanic and they want it to stay this way, they won't change it.