What's new

Ice Clone isn't functioning correctly

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Is this intended? Why would the entire clone not have a hitbox? If Sub sweeps from well behind his clone he can still get hit by normals with regular hit/hurtboxes, as in not even moves like CW's Low Whip.

It seems like a random design choice to have the opponent be able to literally stand on the clone.
I feel like if they didn't want the entire clone to have a hitbox, they should have used the animation and clone from the 2nd clone of the mb trait. Or something that matches up more visually. But it definitely looks goofy as is.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Imagine if the clone accurately represented his hit box? Lol he'd be completely deformed, an abomination. Would look like an amputee victim
That's kinda what I'm saying. They'd have been better off

1.) Making the hit box actually match the standing clone.

Or

2.) Keeping the apparently legless hit box if that's what they intended and just having him flip straight backwards producing a non-grounded ball clone. Like the mb version but lower.

Lokheit

Noob
About the klone leg, I think it's ok for it to have a more vertical hitbox, but IMO the klone model should've more of a "heroic pose" in the sense that it should be a firm statue, could've some menacing pose or something, but the front should make sense for a linear hitbox. It would be fine.

The main problem I see is the extended leg being misleading rather than the klone not working, so that's why I think the pose should be different.

Ok but what...

That slide (at about 7:39) completely ignored the clone.
That one is easily explained as wake up slide has a lot of invincibility frames, so it's intended (this is why you need 100% safe setups for your corner game as wakeups ignore the klone).

Wow I've seen that in the movelist before and I didn't trace the reference until now... well played NRS!

Last edited: