What's new

Ice Clone isn't functioning correctly

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
idk about older games but in sf4 and sfv crouching light normals definitely do extend hurt boxes. i dont care about clone though im here for the drama
Yes, it's actually quite the opposite. Pokes that extend out have always had extending hurtboxes. Watch any high level match of usf4 and you would understand that. Or if you have ki fire it up, turn on hitboxes with glacius and do f+mp, you will see the appropriate amount of hitbox to hurtbox ratio that has always been existent in all fighting games, except nrs games, because weaponized moves don't have hurtboxes in nrs titles. And that's how you have characters like aquaman and ninjutsu scorpion that can just throw huge buttons out because they know there will be no little to no risk with an almost unhittable hurtbox during these attacks.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Yo do they actually pay this 16bit clown? I can drool and flick boogers, can I have a job at NRS?

FAXING RESUME NAO!!!
This is why top players and just quality posters just try to stay away from here. Ignorant ass stupid comments like this from posters who never even touched a fighting game before sf4. Clown.

Just dumb. And a absolute ass.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Uhhh limbs absolutely have hurtboxes. Easiest example would be GL B1. Bane can B2 to raise his hurtbox over GL B1 at max range and step down onto his ankle...

Green Lantern b+1 uses his arm? I said arms.

Generally arm attacks don't have a hurt box on the lower arm.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
The arms extending don't have hurt boxes. This is how it's worked in fighting games since time immemorial and isn't a bug and won't change.

Vs Flash shows it's not just arms.

Air clone shows the leading leg of the clone does not freeze normals.

Last one shows that I can literally sit on the Clone's leg and whiff punish Sub's D1 whilst the D1 is visibly not extending past the Clone's knee.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yeah the hitbox on Klone doesn't cover all of the leg sticking out.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Yeah the hitbox on Klone doesn't cover all of the leg sticking out.
Is this intended? Why would the entire clone not have a hitbox? If Sub sweeps from well behind his clone he can still get hit by normals with regular hit/hurtboxes, as in not even moves like CW's Low Whip.

It seems like a random design choice to have the opponent be able to literally stand on the clone.