What's new

Ice Block Trait Concepts with Unblockable Reset

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Man and some people think this character is still bottom tier.

Yeah it might seem hard to his someone with a random advancing mid in a game but if you got the amount of plus frames Cold has rn it seems super doable

good shit

Pushblock) like in the concept 1 is great because it is a 50/50 with your whole lifebar at stake, you need to guess which way to block the j1 first, and then pushblock immediately, then backdash to avoid the freeze. Second one is easy, just pushblock as soon as you can block.
This character has guaranteed resets midscreen for 2 bars ( where you can't pushblock or backdash) which do 700+ damage, I have posted an example of such reset in Cold's general discussion and in the media section. And for one bar there has always been a reset, that I think Red Raptor posted long time ago, where all you can do is time the pushblock so that it happens at the same time as the freeze from the globe, mistime a couple of frames and you are eating 700+

Also ,every time you get the mb field out while they are in the globe there is a moment to pushblock , but again it needs to happen at the same time as the freeze from the globe.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
yeah, pushblock when he does the mb field? so what bout when he does the guaranteed reset? hows that look? also, hearing gauranteed reset makes me cringe.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
yeah, pushblock when he does the mb field? so what bout when he does the guaranteed reset? hows that look? also, hearing gauranteed reset makes me cringe.
Well if it's called a guaranteed reset I would assume that there is no way out of it.

Not only when he does the mb field. In the first set up if you block j1 - immediately pushblock and backdash right after, you won’t get frozen. The second set up - pushblock as soon as you can, and then either try to leave the globe or backdash to reset the timer on the globe. You have plenty of time there.

There is no guaranteed set up in this thread, here is the one I posted earlier in General Discussion
Also there is an old red raptor video that explains what is guaranteed and what isn’t very well. it doesn’t have my guaranteed mid screen reset, but has the old guaranteed corner reset that still works. Here it is

But in general there a lot of variations on the set ups you can come up with. I have also noticed that Some characters’ freeze animations from the mb deep freeze are different in the corner, they stay frozen for less frames which demands a different set up to be applied to them.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I remember Sonicfox posting it in Twitter. He was the one that found it first. But, dude, what a ToD you did there with this reset.