What's new

Question - Pretty Lady iA Chainsaw Toss

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
Hello there all you beautiful people! :3

So I got back into playing MKX and I want to try a solid keepaway character and from what I read LF Pretty Lady is what I'm looking for.

However I'm worried about instant airs, and have a question about them. In MK9 one could do ub-f input for the iA version of b-f specials. Is this shortcut still a thing or not because Kabal?

Haven't tried with LF yet in training just looking up stuff atm, but I couldn't pull it off with LK in MKX.

Thanks for the answer in advance and sorry for littering the LF section if this is common knowledge.

u b f input as quick as possible.instant airs in mk9 were so easy in comparrison to mkx. just give it few hours in practice mode you will get it down.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Take note that IA Down Saw IS easier to do than IA Straight Saw if you want an alternative while you learn IA Straight Saw. Good luck on the practicing!

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I don't play LF but yeah shortcuts do work in this game too for ia's at least for cassie predator mileena and lui kang so I assume it does work with LF too. I'd learn the ubf motion though it's easier to really instant that way imo

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I don't play LF but yeah shortcuts do work in this game too for ia's at least for cassie predator mileena and lui kang so I assume it does work with LF too. I'd learn the ubf motion though it's easier to really instant that way imo
Just to clarify, kind of like an inverted command grab? I still have trouble with instant air saws sometimes too so anything that can help the consistency.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Just to clarify, kind of like an inverted command grab? I still have trouble with instant air saws sometimes too so anything that can help the consistency.
Yes thats pretty much how it works. I usually do kind of a circle motion with Cassie. Needed some time but I can do them pretty consistantly now.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
Hello there all you beautiful people! :3

So I got back into playing MKX and I want to try a solid keepaway character and from what I read LF Pretty Lady is what I'm looking for.

However I'm worried about instant airs, and have a question about them. In MK9 one could do ub-f input for the iA version of b-f specials. Is this shortcut still a thing or not because Kabal?

Haven't tried with LF yet in training just looking up stuff atm, but I couldn't pull it off with LK in MKX.

Thanks for the answer in advance and sorry for littering the LF section if this is common knowledge.
Welcome back!

To answer your question, practice doing the air-down saw (I think it's db3) first before doing the air bf2 ones. Try practicing it on a female hurt box.

Like others have said, there are other zoners in the game that do his job better (Quan and HQT Predator), but that really doesn't mean Pretty Lady is mediocre. His 8% chainsaws hit hard if you can get those instant airs down pat. Make sure you use the standing db2 (the saw that he throws into the air) to stop people from jumping in.

I think I should note, however, that Pretty Lady doesn't have any 'true' mids. He does have S3, which is decent but that normal suffers from a few hurbox issues. Pretty Lady also has whiffing issues concerning the ex db2 saw combo-ing on female hurt boxes. Just something you should keep in mind.

Glad you've decided to pick up Leatherface. If you have the time as well as wanting to have a go at the other two variations in the future, I recommend both @CrazyFingers (for Butcher and Killer) & @SHAOLIN (for Pretty Lady) guides for those three variations.

Have fun! I think Leatherface is a blast to play and I hope you feel the same way too :)

Kaymai

inside of this girl is a beast
Yea you can play the character if you're really into the character and want to put the work in, but it's pretty to easy to see that he/she has some problems in comparison to other zoners. It's kinda like how in mk9 after the dlc characters were released there wasn't really much reason to play a character like noob saibot or Kano when there also existed kenshi and Freddy who were just plain better at the same gameplan.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Jump Back DB3 is the most annoying thing to deal with as some characters.

I would prioritize that version of the chainsaw over the straight one if you're doing it airborne.

Last edited:

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I'm pretty sure that no matter how low you do the straight air saw, it cannot high a standing opponent right? Because it's intentional. Why bother learning it?