What's new

"I Will Shatter You" Sub-Zero Combo Thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Yeah, I'm having trouble beating StarterxExSomethatFreezes, B3, j3, B2, B23xdbf1

In terms of midscreen damage. It's super easy to. I take a micro step after the b3 to set up easy spacing for the j3.. B2 immediately on landing and then wait a sec before hitting the B23xdbf1. Originally I was rushing it thinking I had to knock it out super fast, but you dont. So long as you catch the first B2 nice snd high you have forever to finish. Great damage amd if you're feeling needlessly swaggy or just wanna close a round you can MB the grab ender and tack on some extra damage.

Time to start messing with his corner stuff.

Sorry if this has been posted but, in case it hasn't, he has a (I think) true left/right 50/50 off of the following combo:

[any starter into standing frozen opponent], b3, j2, j2, b11d3

Pause for just an instant after the d3 hits and then jump forward and do either j2 or j3 right around the peak of your jump. J2 will hit same side while J3 will hit crossup. They can't roll, but of course certain invincible wakeups can avoid it. If they delay wakeup then you have plenty of time on landing to try something else.

Edit: And if you have a wakeup-happy opponent, you can do the exact same setup except instead of a late jump-in you can do an instant-air clone and they should wakeup into it.

Last edited:

Suave

Noob
What are some of sub zeros best strings to use for starters and punishes. I tried using 111 but a lot of people just duck and poke out of it?

Shady1692

I'm The Goddamn Batman!
What are some of sub zeros best strings to use for starters and punishes. I tried using 111 but a lot of people just duck and poke out of it?
Thats the only problem wity him. 33 cant combo into iceball you have to just do normal 3. B23 is his highest damage starter but its high low which is good but bad so you kinda gott treat it like adams f12 its a good whiff punish. 22 is also a mid 10f

hellbly

Noob
from K&M latest video (can't embed right now):

Starter x mb ice ball, B3, J2, J1, 111 x slide.
repositioning combo with easier execution and (I think) better damage than 221+3

D. R.

Noob
from K&M latest video (can't embed right now):

Starter x mb ice ball, B3, J2, J1, 111 x slide.
repositioning combo with easier execution and (I think) better damage than 221+3
It's less and giving up significant damage. For a better combo do this:

Starter xx iceMB, b3, j3, b2, f221+3

Or

Starter xx iceMB, b3, j3, b2, 123xxslide

When done on Superman's stage the first combo is optimal for a position change if cornered. The second changes positions but moves about half a stage length.

But if cornered and you freeze the opponent, obvious just jump over them and finish the combo.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
b23 is a good one, plus it advances and is quick so it can catch people. Also, you can use his 123 but cancel after the 2 into mb iceball for full combo, the second hit is a low too. In the corner though it would be better to do the whole 123 into mb command grab.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

I realize these are all super impractical, but some of you may get a few ideas from it. It's a short vid and worth checking out. Love the double freeze meter burn Clone combos.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
@Macdaddy I've compiled a list of his BNBs that you can copy and paste in the OP. Everything is optimal and practical.

Combo Notations:
B = Back
U = Up
D = Down
F = Forward

1 = Square / X
2 = Triangle / Y
3 = X / A
4 = Circle / B

J = Jump
MB = Meter Burn
BGB = Background Bounce

Midscreen:
111 DB1
123 BF3
F22 DF2 MB DASH B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1
DBF1 MB B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1
DBF1 ROLL DASH B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)
BF3 BF3 B3 J3 B23 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)

111 BGB B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1
111 BGB B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1 MB J2 22
111 DF2 MB J2 B23 BGB B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1
DBF1 MB J2 B23 BGB B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1

Corner:
123 DBF1
123 DBF1 MB F3 J3 123 DBF1
111 DF2 MB F3 J3 123 DBF1

223 D1 D1 D1 123 DBF1
223 D1 D1 D1 123 DBF1 MB J2 22
223 D1 D1 D1 123 DBF1 MB F3 123 DBF1

123 BF3 BF3 F3 J2 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)
BF3 BF3 F3 J3 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)

J2 DB2 MB J3 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)
J2 B11 BF3 BF3 F3 J3 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)

DBF1 ROLL DASH F3 J3 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)

4 D1 D1 D1 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)
4 D1 D1 D1 123 DBF1 MB J2 22 (Requires Ice Klone)
4 D1 D1 D1 123 DBF1 MB F3 123 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)

4 MB 4 BF3 BF3 F3 J2 123 DBF1 (Requires MB Ice Klone)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
@Macdaddy I've compiled a list of his BNBs that you can copy and paste in the OP. Everything is optimal and practical.
I don't understand some of your kombos..

Like this one: "BF3 BF3 B3 J3 B23 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)"

Does this mean you're doing a MB klone before you start this kombo? If so, you should probably mention that.

I also don't know how you kombo off of his kommand grab without meter burning it in this kombo. "DBF1 ROLL DASH B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)"

DarksydeDash

I don't understand some of your kombos..

Like this one: "BF3 BF3 B3 J3 B23 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)"

Does this mean you're doing a MB klone before you start this kombo? If so, you should probably mention that.

I also don't know how you kombo off of his kommand grab without meter burning it in this kombo. "DBF1 ROLL DASH B3 J3 B2 B23 DBF1 (Requires Ice Klone)"
Bf3 is to slide them into the clone, the 2nd one is to slide back to the original side while building bar. I suggest you try doing these combos before questioning.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Bf3 is to slide them into the clone, the 2nd one is to slide back to the original side while building bar. I suggest you try doing these combos before questioning.
How kould I do the kombos if I didn't understand the inputs I was reading? I didn't even know it started with an ice klone.. I just didn't understand your notation. Normally I would have put the ice klone move at the beginning or some header at the top for an ice klone starting section.

G11OST

Noob
Your notation could use some work honestly tho

If needs clone, write clone into notation instead at end such as

Clone-123-slide-b3 etc..

If a move is mb, state it is mb, just some suggestions, no salt pouring intended

Edit- also what's wrong with questioning? Like really?

DarksydeDash

Your notation could use some work honestly tho

If needs clone, write clone into notation instead at end such as

Clone-123-slide-b3 etc..

If a move is mb, state it is mb, just some suggestions, no salt pouring intended

Edit- also what's wrong with questioning? Like really?
Listen, if anyone doesn't know these inputs or understand you can't combo off slide unless a clone is out already, you clearly need to go into practice mode as Sub so you have at least TOUCHED the character. :p