What's new

"I Will Destroy You All!" Doomsday General Discussion Thread

E

Eldriken

Hey guys, just started hitting the lab again and messing with setups and what not recently, and I found one that works on Flash I'm wondering if it's known or not. I'm sure it is, but just want to make sure and see what everyone's consensus on it is. I was messing around with how to set up on Flash's wake up, and I found that if you get a hard knockdown on him and dash forward, then follow it up with a back jump that any wake up Flash can do will whiff and you can punish. (I think the only one you can't punish is the charge, but I don't remember. I'll go back today and see) You have enough time during the setup to react and see whether or not he wakes up. If he does you can punish, and if he doesn't you are at a good enough spacing that you can hit him with a jump 3 and try to keep pressure going. If you guys need video I'll try to post some up today, I just wanted to put it out, but again I'm sure it's already known lol.
If you get a hard knockdown on him in the corner with a sweep or b13, you can do a regular Venom to reverse his wake up and it's safe against them all. No forward dashing and back dashing required.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
If you get a hard knockdown on him in the corner with a sweep or b13, you can do a regular Venom to reverse his wake up and it's safe against them all. No forward dashing and back dashing required.
Do you have footage? If you do then Doomsday players just win always. And does that only work against the flash? Is there any timing to it?

E

Eldriken

Do you have footage? If you do then Doomsday players just win always. And does that only work against the flash? Is there any timing to it?
Nah. I haven't recorded it. It works against anyone, but it doesn't mean it's safe against every wake up in the game or that it reverses it. You can't reverse Ares' wake up teleports because they're based off of where you are. Wake ups that hit behind characters will hit you out of it, such as Sinestro's Arachnid wake up, Cyborg's uppercut wake up, etc. It doesn't work on Black Adam's Lightning Cage wake up, Wonder Woman's lasso twirl wake up and things like that.

No strict timing, either. Knock 'em down with a sweep and immediately do a Venom. The only time timing will matter is if the player delays their wake up.

I'll see if I can get any footage recorded.

E

Eldriken

Anyone uses standing 3 as AA ? if it hits u can do AS after
It's better to just use Air Snatch as your AA. It's a lot safer as a standing 3 can likely cause a trade or it can get blown up by certain jump-in attacks and such. I've only found one thing in the entire game that actually trades with Air Snatch and that is Batman's little sparkle attack he does in the air. Everything else seems to lose against it.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
It's better to just use Air Snatch as your AA. It's a lot safer as a standing 3 can likely cause a trade or it can get blown up by certain jump-in attacks and such. I've only found one thing in the entire game that actually trades with Air Snatch and that is Batman's little sparkle attack he does in the air. Everything else seems to lose against it.
fuckin batman again it happens vs grundys air throw also

E

Eldriken

fuckin batman again it happens vs grundys air throw also
I've noticed an increase in good Batman players that start off with it at the beginning of a match against Doomsday players. I guess they're catching on that starting off with a j2 isn't gonna get them anywhere other than on their back against Doomsday and the like. :)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Oh ok I'll probably use that for the corner then for sure, it seems easier. however, this works mid screen as well.

E

Eldriken

Oh ok I'll probably use that for the corner then for sure, it seems easier. however, this works mid screen as well.
I'll have to check it out. Dashing forward and then jumping back seems like there's too much time in between everything to actually get anything out of it. I mean an actual punish, however.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I'll have to check it out. Dashing forward and then jumping back seems like there's too much time in between everything to actually get anything out of it. I mean an actual punish, however.
I set it up in training mode for the computer to auto block after the wake ups and I kept getting the punish. I'll try to get some vid up later if you want.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
Anybody know the uses of db3? It looks like it would be a good wakeup but I think I'm getting stuffed all the time trying it
It's a decent wake up, but if some dude is jumping away, whack him with it. I also occasionally use the MB version after the b13 string to cross people up and confuse them. It's also good for ending certain interactable combos.

E

Eldriken

Air Venom (db3) is your only viable wake up for the most part. It has the most invincibility frames compared to Earth Shake (df2), Supernova (db2) and Venom (df3). Too bad it's unsafe on block (both regular and MB). It is good for hitting people out of using an interactable if you make the read when they do it.

You can cross people up with it when they're in the corner that can lead into a combo if you MB it. If you're in the corner and wake up Air Venom and MB it, it crosses up as well and you can combo them back into the corner if they don't block it.

DK85

Noob
Some Doomsday players are using D2 on other peoples wakeup. Is this to prevend jump out?

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

Some Doomsday players are using D2 on other peoples wakeup. Is this to prevend jump out?
Are they doing it after they activate their trait in the corner? If so, yes. A lot of people like to try and jump out after Doomsday uses his trait, but a d2 will stop that.

E

Eldriken

Yes, but i saw Saltface doing it after a regular ES or Venom knock down midscreen too.
People sometimes like to try and jump out of a blocked MB Venom to avoid any follow up pressure. Trying to jump after getting hit by a raw Earth Shake midscreen? I dunno wtf they were thinking, lol. But they deserve to eat a d2 if they try that.

DK85

Noob
People sometimes like to try and jump out of a blocked MB Venom to avoid any follow up pressure. Trying to jump after getting hit by a raw Earth Shake midscreen? I dunno wtf they were thinking, lol. But they deserve to eat a d2 if they try that.
Lol true. Thanks for your input man.

ruff321

Noob
injustice forums are dead but I'll just leave this here

You can stuff all of BA's wakeups in the corner if you have the right spacing.

E

Eldriken

injustice forums are dead but I'll just leave this here

You can stuff all of BA's wakeups in the corner if you have the right spacing.
You can do the same thing against Wonder Woman. The right spacing against Lasso Spin will cause it to whiff and the second hit of Earth Shake will hit her. While it's only 2%, it's a hard knockdown and you can keep doing it if they're wakeup happy.