What's new

I want to master Scorpion in MKT

Hi everybody.

As you can see from my username, i want to become a Scorpion master, though right now, im just a wannabe who only knows a couple of tricks and combos. I only know the advanced combos/juggles in theory, but when it comes down to actually pull them off, i get too excited/tense and fail every time.
I also have hard time executing his brutality, or any brutality in general. I may know the combination by heart, and can pull it off flawlessly when paused/training, but, as was the case with combos, i fail on the most important moment.

But my resolve to learn MK is stronger then ever, i have motivation, i have basic skills, and i have you to help me through this.
So, a question arises: How long does it take to fully master a character? To the point where you can beat AI at least on Hard and beat above-average players with ease?
How many hours should i train in a day for?
Also, i own the PS1 version, i heard that the N64 version is very different.

And how long does it take to master Scorpion specifically? Is he a difficult character? I heard that hes not the best and id better off with h-smoke, but i love Scorp and im also ready to face up to the extra challenge.

On an unrelated note, id like to thank you guys for creating, maintaining and contributing to this great site, which already has taught me many useful things, for your skills and for the awesome MK videos you put on youtube. Thats some INSANE SHIT you do there!

thx:D

Shaney

Noob
Well if you want to get good here's a few tips that may be helpful:

A: QUIT your job (if you have one)

B: Stop going to school, it's a waste of time when you're trying to get good at UMK3 or any other game.

C: You have to become nocturnal (sleep is for the weak)

D: Play nonstop countless hours of this game until you can't stand it anymore.

Hope some these helped you. They sure helped me.

Well if you want to get good here's a few tips that may be helpful:

A: QUIT your job (if you have one)

B: Stop going to school, it's a waste of time when you're trying to get good at UMK3 or any other game.

C: You have to become nocturnal (sleep is for the weak)

D: Play nonstop countless hours of this game until you can't stand it anymore.

Hope some these helped you. They sure helped me.

Man, i asked fo help on the game, not how to commit an everlasting suicide, lol.

Well, don't bump something that you asked on the same day. Moreover, it's right under what you asked. This isn't GameFags.

Read the guides for Scorpion in UMK3, for starters. I know MKT scorpion is alot different and better, but you can find almost all the basics and advanved shit their. Utilize the foward teleport. Play UMK3 instead.

Well, don't bump something that you asked on the same day. Moreover, it's right under what you asked. This isn't GameFags.

Read the guides for Scorpion in UMK3, for starters. I know MKT scorpion is alot different and better, but you can find almost all the basics and advanved shit their. Utilize the foward teleport. Play UMK3 instead.
Oh sorry, im kinda used to being answered in 3 mins like on GameFaQs.
I have already read the guides, just though there could be some extra stuff that didnt get into the guide, and its always communicate with actual people and learn from their experience ;)

I dont own UMK3, only MKT, which i like more.

oBryant

Noob
Oh sorry, im kinda used to being answered in 3 mins like on GameFaQs.
I have already read the guides, just though there could be some extra stuff that didnt get into the guide, and its always communicate with actual people and learn from their experience ;)

I dont own UMK3, only MKT, which i like more.
who in the hell do you play with? (not in the game i mean actuall people).

who in the hell do you play with? (not in the game i mean actuall people).
95% of the time i play alone vs CPU, since friends leave far away, and i dont have much free time during the day, so i mostly play during night. Sometimes i plug in the second controller and play vs mode with low damage and health regen enabled, which makes for a good practicing session.

oBryant

Noob
95% of the time i play alone vs CPU, since friends leave far away, and i dont have much free time during the day, so i mostly play during night. Sometimes i plug in the second controller and play vs mode with low damage and health regen enabled, which makes for a good practicing session.
wow.. sounds um... boring.. thats not going to get you better man.. get a 360 and get umk3 and play with some of us. most everyone on this site is a juggernaught at umk3, and most the things you read in the strategy guides arent used or needed against the pc

wow.. sounds um... boring.. thats not going to get you better man.. get a 360 and get umk3 and play with some of us. most everyone on this site is a juggernaught at umk3, and most the things you read in the strategy guides arent used or needed against the pc
I think getting a new console and a new game is a bit too much for me.
And btw, before coming here, i never knew that UMK3 was released on Xbox. WTF?

oBryant

Noob
I think getting a new console and a new game is a bit too much for me.
And btw, before coming here, i never knew that UMK3 was released on Xbox. WTF?
yeah man its been released for about 3 or some thing years.. trust me man, its worth the money, esp the fact you have no one to play with. And its not just UMK# there are tons and tons of other games also.

Tim Static

Adminerator
yeah man its been released for about 3 or some thing years.. trust me man, its worth the money, esp the fact you have no one to play with. And its not just UMK# there are tons and tons of other games also.
Bryant, did you even look at this location?

Can you say lag?

SMWB, you should look into accquiring MAME, the MK ROMs, and get set up to play p2p. Dont even bother with getting a new console. It wont be worth your time to play laggy LAGGY matches.

Bryant, did you even look at this location?

Can you say lag?

SMWB, you should look into accquiring MAME, the MK ROMs, and get set up to play p2p. Dont even bother with getting a new console. It wont be worth your time to play laggy LAGGY matches.
Im guessing those MK ROMS are for PC right? *goes googling*
Also, would the lag be so noticable?

Im guessing those MK ROMS are for PC right? *goes googling*
Also, would the lag be so noticable?
Judging from where you live, compared to where most of MK players live, yes their will be noticable lag. If you have a really, really good internet connection, you may connect with someone that you have little lag or delay with.

All I can say is good luck ;)

Judging from where you live, compared to where most of MK players live, yes their will be noticable lag. If you have a really, really good internet connection, you may connect with someone that you have little lag or delay with.

All I can say is good luck ;)
thx, i think id better stay on my good old PS2 for now